Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

Alfie Mawson- Confirmed


Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, ciderwithtommy said:

Work in London mate, like football. I wanna be wrong cos there is a player in there, but it doesn’t look a stellar signing to me. 
 

 

Sure, OK. 
So I assume you don’t come West that often to watch us play?

I’ve got several mates who live and work in London. They also like football, but they love Bristol City more, so prefer to watch us play than any London based team.

COYR.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hare Island said:

Mawson Taylor Kalas has a great look about it 

Although I’d change the order from right to left, as Kalas is not quite as comfortable on the left hand side in my view. Moore, Kalas, Mawson for me (assuming Baker out for a long time).

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Tangle Foot said:

Sure, OK. 
So I assume you don’t come West that often to watch us play?

I’ve got several mates who live and work in London. They also like football, but they love Bristol City more, so prefer to watch us play than any London based team.

COYR.

I live in Bristol - NI no. And LinkedIn available on request 


I find the second paragraph hugely unlikely, specifically the first line. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Kalas Mawson Baker for me. 

Even as 4th choice Moore will get plenty of chances with Baker's  injury record, never mind Mawson's.

Not sure where that leaves Vyner though. 

I know we are said to be looking at a RB, but I’d be happy with him there instead of Hunt.

If we do play 3 at the back all season as you say with Baker’s propensity to go off injured, plus Mawson’s recent history Vyner should certainly expect to be in the match day squad a fair old bit.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I guess without recent knee injuries, he wouldn’t be coming here.

Think that’s exactly it. Had he carried on on his trajectory, ball playing centre half getting England squad aged 24 etc he would be going to Man City rather than Bristol city! 


Of course his form has dropped and he has had injuries but it’s still a very exciting signing for us. A centre back who cost £20m two years ago and was in England squad looks like he is coming here!! 
 

Fingers crossed he recovers that Swansea form. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Charts are on page 1.

Was a regular last season until injury struck.

 

F690E0B0-7DBB-42F3-BAD2-1DEC212F40B8.png

 

25 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I guess without recent knee injuries, he wouldn’t be coming here.

If I'm reading that correctly, Mawson played 90 minutes 15 or so times running? Didn't Baker only manage 90 minutes 4 times in a row last season?

If that's right, their seasons have been very different injury wise but Mawson certainly endured a longer chunk of the season week in, week out.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I know we are said to be looking at a RB, but I’d be happy with him there instead of Hunt.

If we do play 3 at the back all season as you say with Baker’s propensity to go off injured, plus Mawson’s recent history Vyner should certainly expect to be in the match day squad a fair old bit.

Makes sense. Still trying to get my head round how we're affording Mawson, on top of Martin and one or two more. Eliasson must be off for squillions - Villa never knowingly under pay after all!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Would be a very good signing IMO.

Still thinking...

Moore Kalas Mawson

Two players capable of carrying the ball, as in one either side and a more conservative- but still technically comfortable- central CB in Kalas.

Mawson and Van Der Hoorn- had injuries not kicked in for both over time could've been a high calibre technically at least and maybe in general, CB pairing for Swansea.

Back to us, it's a squad game, Baker and Vyner will certainly be getting good gametime. Lot of games in less time than normal- and with our injury record too...

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mozo said:

 

If I'm reading that correctly, Mawson played 90 minutes 15 or so times running? Didn't Baker only manage 90 minutes 4 times in a row last season?

If that's right, their seasons have been very different injury wise but Mawson certainly endured a longer chunk of the season week in, week out.

He (Baker) still played 90 minutes 27 times last season.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Kalas Mawson Baker for me. 

Even as 4th choice Moore will get plenty of chances with Baker's  injury record, never mind Mawson's.

Not sure where that leaves Vyner though. 

If we’re playing 352 which seems more than likely we’ll need a minimum of 5 centre halves . Very condensed season . We should already be 6 league games in so  lot more reason for rotation 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Makes sense. Still trying to get my head round how we're affording Mawson, on top of Martin and one or two more. Eliasson must be off for squillions - Villa never knowingly under pay after all!

My guess is we will sell Eliasson & Szmodics, move Adelakun (who?) on too and Bakinson will be off on loan.

The Brunt one baffles me unless Rowe leaves as well.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, ciderwithtommy said:

I live in Bristol - NI no. And LinkedIn available on request 


I find the second paragraph hugely unlikely, specifically the first line. 

Yeah, who would possibly move to another city for work 🤔 Look I really don’t care what you think, TBH.

I do find your claim about watching Fulham, whilst allegedly being a City supporter, extremely questionable. 

End of.


COYR.

Edited by Tangle Foot
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Would be a very good signing IMO.

Still thinking...

Moore Kalas Mawson

Two players capable of carrying the ball, as in one either side and a more conservative- but still technically comfortable- central CB in Kalas.

Mawson and Van Der Hoorn- had injuries not kicked in for both over time could've been a high calibre technically at least and maybe in general, CB pairing for Swansea.

Back to us, it's a squad game, Baker and Vyner will certainly be getting good gametime. Lot of games in less time than normal- and with our injury record too...

I see it more as Kalas, Mawson, Moore (with Baker out for some time) and and Vyner competing with Hunt for RWB if Fulham don't let Sessegnon out on loan. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ciderwithtommy said:

Nope. In fact I bet I’ve seen him live a lot more than most, at Fulham. There is a player there, but his form and fitness have been off for a while. You wanna go hug him cos he once was good, fair play, but don’t make statements you cannot back up. 

How am I supposed to ‘back it up’ exactly? If you’ve seen him regularly and genuinely think that - then fair enough but maybe football isn’t the sport for you as I think you’re wrong.

He’s clearly a very good player when on form. It’s simply injuries that have hindered him.

Edited by Phileas Fogg
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Tangle Foot said:

Yeah, who would possibly move to another city for work 🤔 Look I really don’t care what you think, TBH.

I do find your claim about watching Fulham, whilst allegedly being a City supporter, extremely questionable. 

End of.


COYR.

But I should care what you think though yeah?  Contradicting yourself there mate
 

think you missed my point a little as well. 
 

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

My guess is we will sell Eliasson & Szmodics, move Adelakun (who?) on too and Bakinson will be off on loan.

The Brunt one baffles me unless Rowe leaves as well.

Peterborough potentially with Szmodics due to Toney cash they now have, but wonder in general how easy it'll be to move on Szmodics and especially Adelakun tbh.

Bakinson we'll be able to find an interested party for on loan, Eliasson feels saleable- now we have Martin, so does Diedhiou potentially.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Chris changed the title to Alfie Mawson- Confirmed

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...