IGNORED

Finland v Wales worth a watch Thursday night?

Never to the dark side

31 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Hopefully better coaching and a set role in a set system and we will see the best of him this season.

He would not get in that Ireland team and have a team like Fulham bid 4 million for him last summer if he was not a lot better than some of our fans think.

Hope your right about better coaching as your about the only one on here at least that rates him. Can you please show where Fulham bid £4m for him as I would of thought we would of snatched their hands off at that price. 

40 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Hopefully better coaching and a set role in a set system and we will see the best of him this season.

He would not get in that Ireland team and have a team like Fulham bid 4 million for him last summer if he was not a lot better than some of our fans think.

Agree with @steviestevieneville if Fulham bid £4 million for him would have accepted personally. Only team I’m aware of who’ve shown interest is Leeds. 

Every season the view is this year for O’Dowda needs to impress and every year he fails to do so. Hopefully he will see what his mate’s achieving at Burnley and want the same , but I doubt he wlll

45 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Our fans are only basing their opinions on years of under performance and inconsistency in a Bristol City shirt.

1 minute ago, daored said:

Agree with @steviestevieneville if Fulham bid £4 million for him would have accepted personally. Only team I’m aware of who’ve shown interest is Leeds. 

Every season the view is this year for O’Dowda needs to impress and every year he fails to do so. Hopefully he will see what his mate’s achieving at Burnley and want the same , but I doubt he wlll

We wouldn’t know if anyone bid anything , especially a actual figure. Anything wrote on here or social media are rumours that are 99.9% inaccurate 
He only signed a new contract because no one came in for him and I didn’t like his arrogance in his post contract signing interview. 
I hope we sell him tbh but if no one comes in for him , he needs to knuckle down and prove some worth. 

7 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Morrell playing very nicely, loads of mentions from the commentary team on S4C. 

I’m about 7-8 mins behind live....J.Williams is not tracking the man playing free, leave Joe caught between 2 players.  I get that Johnny likes to burst forward but he’s exposing Wales / Joe as a result.

Tidy from Joe though.  Hasn’t been booked here yet!

14 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Morrell playing very nicely, loads of mentions from the commentary team on S4C. 

It's good fun trying to work out what the Welsh commentators are saying. I thought it sounded like they said that Jonny Williams was on a "gap year" just now :) 

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

Remember reading it was a 4 million pound bid. We wanted 8 million.

Can't be bothered to try and find where I read it to.

Ireland prefer him to Callum Robinson on the wing.

Leeds and Forest were interested.

Whatever some fans think of him, managers seem to rate him.

The crazy thing is, as poor as he's been for us the last couple of seasons, I put a lot of that at LJ's door and the chopping and changing of styles and formations.

I just get the impression if we'd sold O'Dowda to Leeds at around the time Bielsa walked in the door two seasons ago, with Bielsa drilling his philosophy into him and moulding him into the 'Jack Harrison' role on left wing of a 4-3-3, we'd be talking about him as one of the best wingers in the league as we were with Ayling as best right back and he would have been another that had 'got away'. With his speed and stamina he's a very good fit for Bielsa's high press and with the continuity of system and regular game time I honestly think he would have thrived.

There's no way of knowing how that would have turned out of course but it's definitely one of my theories.

I think Callum like many others in the squad will really benefit from the freedom Holden seems to be giving players to express themselves on the pitch whilst drilling the players to play in a fluid but consistent formation where everyone knows their role. It just all seems from a far to be the polar opposite to LJ's approach both tactically and in terms of man management and I really think it has the potential to be extremely effective.

Archived