IGNORED

Finland v Wales worth a watch Thursday night?

Never to the dark side

2 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I think that's what he needs. I think Leeds in their pressing game would have been perfect for Callum who doesn't stop running. Just needs the right instructions, a role and a system he can get used to.

I thought Callum was very good for a run of games last season where we did actually go with one system for a while. We went on a great run around Christmas. O'Dowda was a very important player in our counter attacking play.

I think there are quite a number of players who suffered from LJ's constant changing of systems. Even Brownhill at times struggled!

Trust me, I flick over for the first 30 seconds of the second half (before Wales restarted) and he does a stupid press where he overcommits himself and the defender moves into the space effortlessly. ???

Glad he’s playing well though.  I take it he’s RWF in the front 3?

6 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I think that's what he needs. I think Leeds in their pressing game would have been perfect for Callum who doesn't stop running. Just needs the right instructions, a role and a system he can get used to.

I thought Callum was very good for a run of games last season where we did actually go with one system for a while. We went on a great run around Christmas. O'Dowda was a very important player in our counter attacking play.

I think there are quite a number of players who suffered from LJ's constant changing of systems. Even Brownhill at times struggled!

O’Dowda is a good carrier of the ball I grant you that but he simply doesn’t do it frequently enough. As a kid you were always told go into challenges hard because otherwise you’ll get injured - he seems to not have that aggression 

4 minutes ago, daored said:

O’Dowda is a good carrier of the ball I grant you that but he simply doesn’t do it frequently enough. As a kid you were always told go into challenges hard because otherwise you’ll get injured - he seems to not have that aggression 

It is funny how most fans don’t rate him but every manager he has played under does rate him. 

3 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

It is funny how most fans don’t rate him but every manager he has played under does rate him. 

I suppose we’ll find out soon whether manager’s rate him, or not. 

No bids in the last window to my knowledge and the clock is ticking down on this one. 

10 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

I’d suggest the fact that he’s been in and out under LJ that LJ’s view was mixed.  But I get what you mean.

Wales much better last 15.  Got the goal.

53 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Remember reading it was a 4 million pound bid. We wanted 8 million.

Can't be bothered to try and find where I read it to.

Ireland prefer him to Callum Robinson on the wing.

Leeds and Forest were interested.

Whatever some fans think of him, managers seem to rate him.

If he was as good as you think, wouldn’t Holden have opted for a system that he fits in?

Eliasson is different because Holden probably knew he was likely leaving last season.

If anyone hasn’t seen much of Morrell, and are watching the Wales game....this might be behind Holden’s decision to not re-sign Korey.

He genuinely has been at the heart of so much of Wales better stuff tonight, and a mere pup in international terms has led debutant Dylan Levitt through the match.  Mature performance.

Just now, Davefevs said:

If anyone hasn’t seen much of Morrell, and are watching the Wales game....this might be behind Holden’s decision to not re-sign Korey.

He genuinely has been at the heart of so much of Wales better stuff tonight, and a mere pup in international terms has led debutant Dylan Levitt through the match.  Mature performance.

Looked every inch a good Championship player tonight.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

He's been quality.

Again, if we're serious about The Pathway and championing the Academy then give him a run of games. 

He's not the type to get phased, just give him the shirt and let him prove himself. 

50 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Remember reading it was a 4 million pound bid. We wanted 8 million.

Can't be bothered to try and find where I read it to.

Ireland prefer him to Callum Robinson on the wing.

Leeds and Forest were interested.

Whatever some fans think of him, managers seem to rate him.

Speculation nothing more but you wrote it as there was a firm bid. As for us wanting £8m , again speculation . 
martin O’neil played him sporadically . Mick  McCarthy  hardly played him and am I right in thinking it’s the new managers first game ? They’ve hardly got a large pool of talent to pull from and you can’t really say he fancies him more than Robinson as they’re all at different levels of pre season fitness. 
as I’ve said before. I hope he proves me wrong but imo he’s not good enough to be in a team challenging for promotion. I think the problem is as much between his ears as anything else. 

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Agree. Mature was the word I was thinking of as well. He has a bit of everything - can pass, likes a tackle, and mobile. I’m quite excited about our midfield options this season. 

10 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yep, saw most of the game. Looked crisp and classy on the ball, which is nothing new from Morrell. He’s impressed me every time I have seen him play. 

He has to be given a chance.

13 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Completely agree, top performance from him.

Watching him play tonight just highlighted to me how many fantastic options we do have in this 3-5-2 formation. 

I can really see in the tougher games this season (thinking against the likes of Brentford etc) a midfield 3 of Morrell, Nagy and Williams having the tenacity and ability to frustrate even the best midfields in the league in a way we just haven't been able to for years.

Like wise in the perceived easier games I can also see a 3 of Morrell/Williams, Walsh & Paterson dominating possession and creating from the midfield in a way we haven't seen collectively for a very long time. 

With the strength in depth we have in that engine room now regular Sat/Tuesday games should not be an issue for the squad either.

I can really see some exciting times ahead for us this year, I really can.

Here's hoping tomorrow is the day we can bring in that upgrade at RWB or extra body at centre back!

2 hours ago, daored said:

He does , shame he doesn’t produce that form on a consistent basis for us 

And you have to ask why and why does Morrell start for wales, Good enough for international football but not for us.. I'm hoping Morrell does feature if he doesn't I don't blame him moving on.

5 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

What an absolute failure on the club's part it is that Joe Morrell has only got 1 league appearance for Bristol City. 

Markus Henriksen mind, what was LJ thinking. Hopefully Holden will finally give him a chance.

Perhaps. Or perhaps we’ve loaned him to perfection! 

45 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I think it's probably a mistake to build a team around any one player.

We have many good players imo.

I expect it has something to do with Holden maybe wanting to play 2 strikers, but not wanting to lose midfield battles. So numbers in midfield whilst still having 2 strikers in the team. And us having wing back type full backs who suit the system in Dasilva and Hunt.

Not a case of building a team around - but with a 532 he’s essentially de facto freezing him out. There isn’t a place for a pure winger in that system.

33 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

What an absolute failure on the club's part it is that Joe Morrell has only got 1 league appearance for Bristol City. 

Markus Henriksen mind, what was LJ thinking. Hopefully Holden will finally give him a chance.

I'm genuinely very surprised that you should say that.

BCFC have kept going with JM- he's still absolutely committed to the shirt ( so they must be doing something right) and he has followed a not dissimilar path to Bryan and Reid. It's the right time for him now but he needed his big season away which he's now had. Like Walsh.

IMO on another graduate- Semenyo was brought back too soon.

Archived