IGNORED

Chris Martin : Confirmed as signed

Rocky

47 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I saw ultimate Coldplay the other week at Butlins and thought they were brilliant. I quite like Coldplay TBH.

Wass reckon, sit outside the Majors estate with coldplay blaring all night? ;)

Hating Coldplay is so popular now that the few people that still like them are suddenly really cool.

1 hour ago, Kingswoodactor said:

65 goals in 186 appearances for Derby, 31 isn't that old, and can put himself about. Interestingly he's 5'10''??? Thought he was 6ft plus!!! 

I always thought he was taller until a while back someone said he was 5’10” and posted a pic of a Scotland team photo, and he was as tall as I thought.  Wyscout says 5’10” too.

1 hour ago, JoeAman08 said:

I have a feeling Fam and City aren’t getting closer with a deal. I know we are a bit light on the striker front if Fam stays but not light enough to spend 12-15k a week on another one even if free. Imo of course. Also he doesn’t really fit a press either so if we wanted more energy up top doesn’t make sense to me either

I wonder that too.

As for Martin, if we are gonna build attacks and possession in the final third, he is very good.  You can knock a ball into him chin-down and it sticks.  He’s very clever with his passing, and someone like Wells (or Weimann) would appreciate his vision and touch.

Here’s Martin at his best:

3BB60F2A-A536-4521-9DD8-F69D26604956.jpeg

2D62E3CF-9067-4F06-9B6D-69A96E2DE20B.jpeg

3DDAC1BE-639D-479B-A2F0-79FAC8D9E02F.jpeg

BBDC8E31-21C2-498B-B4BB-BFC26E1E630A.jpeg

10 minutes ago, mozo said:

It seems weird that we could end the season with Weimann aged 29, then Martin 32 and Wells 31 as our forwards. 

Our philosophy seems to be changing. 

Sorry to be pedantic but Wells has only recently turned 30. and Chris martin is 31.

19 minutes ago, mozo said:

It seems weird that we could end the season with Weimann aged 29, then Martin 32 and Wells 31 as our forwards. 

Our philosophy seems to be changing. 

You don't win anything with kids..........

Bit of conjecture here but we could potentially have this lot all starting: Moore (23), Nat Phillips (23), Sessegnon (20), Dasilva (22), Morrell (23), Williams (23), Massengo (19) Walsh (22), Eliasson (24). That’s 9 players 24 or under who you could say have a real chance of being in our best starting XI. You’d then add the like of Bentley, Kalas, Wells, Weimann, and Fam to that, which for me makes a really well balanced team. 

Don't see the issue of then adding a Brunt, Martin to add some experience and know how to the squad, where they can chip in to help out when required. As long as they don’t want stupid wages. 

Like others I’d be more than happy if CM joined us. I remember Flint being asked who his most difficult opponent was and he reckoned it was Chris Martin............:cool2:

Marin has earned a very decent living with moving clubs so frequently- a very decent signing on fee each time. 

5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Like others I’d be more than happy if CM joined us. I remember Flint being asked who his most difficult opponent was and he reckoned it was Chris Martin............:cool2:

Marin has earned a very decent living with moving clubs so frequently- a very decent signing on fee each time. 

Good recall RR....he backs in so well, if you try and pinch it round the side, he’ll roll you with his strength.

Generally positive vibes on this thread too.

Would rather Martin than Brunt if I had the choice (assumption that we dint know who might be leaving).

53 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I always thought he was taller until a while back someone said he was 5’10” and posted a pic of a Scotland team photo, and he was as tall as I thought.  Wyscout says 5’10” too.

I wonder that too.

As for Martin, if we are gonna build attacks and possession in the final third, he is very good.  You can knock a ball into him chin-down and it sticks.  He’s very clever with his passing, and someone like Wells (or Weimann) would appreciate his vision and touch.

Here’s Martin at his best:

3BB60F2A-A536-4521-9DD8-F69D26604956.jpeg

2D62E3CF-9067-4F06-9B6D-69A96E2DE20B.jpeg

3DDAC1BE-639D-479B-A2F0-79FAC8D9E02F.jpeg

BBDC8E31-21C2-498B-B4BB-BFC26E1E630A.jpeg

Bit like a championship version of Giroud? 

1 minute ago, WirralRobin said:

Just thought it would worth bringing in some views from Derby fans on their forum all be it from back in Feb. They were discussing whether he should get a new contract.....

image.thumb.png.513d10bde839ef7aeef1cbf4efa863d0.png

That's a very good comment! Do you have a link to that thread? Wouldn't mind a balanced read 

Just now, Sturny said:

That's a very good comment! Do you have a link to that thread? Wouldn't mind a balanced read 

Sure here you go....

As with any set of fans obviously a mixed view from across the fan base but obviously a lot of love out there for him from alot of Derby fans

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/34304-yet-another-chris-martin-thread-yes-really/#comments

Archived