IGNORED

Chris Martin : Confirmed as signed

Rocky

1 minute ago, Lew-T said:

If we were in for this type of striker, I wish it was Kieffer Moore. Most likely enquired about him but Cardiff probably offer more wages.

Not sure on Martin to be honest. Bit of a meh signing.

Other way round for me.

Technically, Martin is way in advance of Keiffer Moore imo.

3 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

A midtable signing if ever I saw one

My exact thoughts however I’m very much tempering that with how Stead and especially Wilbs turned out as have to admit I felt the same about them!  Hopefully it’s in addition to Fam. Will worry more if he’s a direct replacement.  

5 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

1.84m tall or over 6'  in old money - tall enough I would say and 3 or 4 inches taller than Wells.

11 goals and 6 assists from 25 starts last season (10 subs) - not bad at all, involved in 17 goals

He's 32 next month - bags of experience and he isn't a wing back or midfielder so not knackered

He aint that fast, but he aint the slowest - on a par with Fam I'd say.

Good for a couple of years imo.

I’ve had a look on the Derby forum and they really rate him even though he’s clearly in the Autumn of his career.

He never had a lot of pace so no worries there but has huge experience,reads the game well , links up play well , a little ‘ gamesmanship ‘ and can teach our youngsters a thing or two ( should be good for Semenyo) .

I like the sound of this . 

Just now, lenred said:

My exact thoughts however I’m very much tempering that with how Stead and especially Wilbs turned out as have to admit I felt the same about them!  Hopefully it’s in addition to Fam. Will worry more if he’s a direct replacement.  

Not forgetting Stern John

13 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

We were all a bit 'meh' about Abraham and Stead when they both signed, and they turned out to be more than useful.

Hope it works out, he does well and people get over the Coldplay name-link quickly.

I don't like Coldplay.

I pheckin detest Coldplay..........but i don't remember anyone being Meh about Tammy? (Shurely sum mestake?)

1 minute ago, RedM said:

My initial reaction that he’s this seasons Afobe, adding goals and experience. Hopefully not the injury!

He's not that sort of player i dont think. He's more of link player/target man, who chips in with a few goals..

12 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Other way round for me.

Technically, Martin is way in advance of Keiffer Moore imo.

Yeah agreed on this. Moore is much more of a physical threat than Martin, especially aerially but from what I've seen over the years Martin is much better with the ball at his feet, better at linking up with the midfield and a better finisher. I can't see Holden's plan A ever being to swing crosses into the box for a big man so I think Martin may be the better fit for the attacking, fluid, 3-5-2 Holden looks set to have us play imo.

11 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

We were all a bit 'meh' about Abraham and Stead when they both signed, and they turned out to be more than useful.

Stead was a nice chap whose attitude and personality made him popular with the fans but his goal scoring record over his 3 year City stay - 9, 6 & 5, really was pretty poor.

If Martin is here for 3 seasons I'd hope he surpasses Stead's meagre 20 goal total by some margin.

Archived