IGNORED

Chris Martin : Confirmed as signed

Rocky

1 hour ago, pillred said:

Sorry to be pedantic but Wells has only recently turned 30. and Chris martin is 31.

Sorry to be counter-pedantic but I said we could end the season with forwards at those ages. There will only be a week or two between the play off final and Wells turning 31 so pretty damn close.

Chris Martin turns 32 in November so very much an elder statesman in our dressing room, which might be needed.

1 minute ago, mozo said:

Sorry to be counter-pedantic but I said we could end the season with forwards at those ages. There will only be a week or two between the play off final and Wells turning 31 so pretty damn close.

Chris Martin turns 32 in November so very much an elder statesman in our dressing room, which might be needed.

They don't come much more proven than Wells and Martin in this division, Fam and Weimann to a lesser extent.

2 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

I saw ultimate Coldplay the other week at Butlins and thought they were brilliant. I quite like Coldplay TBH.

Wass reckon, sit outside the Majors estate with coldplay blaring all night? ;)

Law of averages states........that someone must like them, and it would appear you are that person? Condolences ?

After Holden's appointment and looking at the accounts, I think a prudent summer in the transfer market of small fees and unattached players, was to be expected (that may change if NE and FD leave for big fees).

With that in mind....

Williams is a cracking deal, but partly due to Wigan's financial situation. Delighted with him though, if he can stay fit.

Chris Martin, as free signings go, is a very solid one. He will add to the squad nicely.

If he is announced in the home kit, it might just be a timing thing, but that would suggest not a huge amount more 'big' business. 

I'd imagine a few more in (CB and RB), but loans, alluded to in the comments about waiting for other teams to do their business first before starting the transfer chains. 

It's Martin's ability to create for others and link up with his strike partner/ the midfield that excites me about his signing just as much as his goals. A really good compilation showcasing this here....... 

80 goals and 32 assists in 7 championship seasons is no mean feat.

11 goals and 6 assists in 25 league starts last season shows he's still got it too.

Really excited about this one. He could be great for getting best out of the rest of the side

7 minutes ago, WirralRobin said:

It's Martin's ability to create for others and link up with his strike partner/ the midfield that excites me about his signing just as much as his goals. A really good compilation showcasing this here....... 

80 goals and 32 assists in 7 championship seasons is no mean feat.

11 goals and 6 assists in 25 league starts last season shows he's still got it too.

Really excited about this one. He could be great for getting best out of the rest of the side

This is spot on. He may not be the most prolific striker around but there's so much more to his game than just sticking the ball in the net. His first touch, his ability to link the play through his passing skills could be invaluable. He may not quite be a Frank Worthington (one of the most skilful centre forwards I ever saw) but he's pretty close. 

Archived