IGNORED

Chris Martin : Confirmed as signed

Rocky

For anyone still not sure what type of player he is (or for anyone interested) here is Chris Martin's most recent Football Manager 2020 profile (based on last season's game). Each score is out of 20. Anything at 14 or above is very good for our level. So as many have pointed out he's not the quickest but is good technically, a more than decent finisher and very strong.

I know any link to computer games puts a lot of people off understandably, but a lot of scouting goes into putting together these scores so they are decent at getting a feel for the type of player at least.

Also stuck in Fam's for some kind of comparison

image.thumb.png.3ced295aeb18310edb482ae290bf7279.png

image.thumb.png.60c203184490cdcf80f2a0a692845b40.png

image.png

3 minutes ago, Ryan_BCFC said:

Happy with this but only if Fam stays too. 

It’s a pretty impressive front-four, who could all play with each other.  Personally I wouldn’t have minded Szmodics being the fourth striker, but I think this is an astute signing.

I know it’s a long way off, but the intention should be to look at succession planning for next summer in the striker position.  Do your due diligence over the next 8-10 months.

Even if he’s on £20k per week for 2 years, I think it’s money well spent.

20 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It’s a pretty impressive front-four, who could all play with each other.  Personally I wouldn’t have minded Szmodics being the fourth striker, but I think this is an astute signing.

I know it’s a long way off, but the intention should be to look at succession planning for next summer in the striker position.  Do your due diligence over the next 8-10 months.

Even if he’s on £20k per week for 2 years, I think it’s money well spent.

Totally agree, he’s also street wise think we may get a few more free kicks and penalties when he plays.

3 minutes ago, markcarter said:

Looks like he may come into his own at the end of November when Holden is sacked and we resort to hoof-ball in a desperate attempt to escape the relegation zone.

Looks more like he has quite a rounded game and scores all types of goals. Good linker of play and can hold it up well. Potentially a solid signing as 4th striker and different to what we have already. 

19 minutes ago, Hartleysbeard said:

Looks more like he has quite a rounded game and scores all types of goals. Good linker of play and can hold it up well. Potentially a solid signing as 4th striker and different to what we have already. 

I doubt he will want to come in as a 4th striker. He is an experienced championship player, will want to play regular football and is still at a good age.

I think he is a good edition, but I’d be concerned if he was a ‘replacement’ for Fam. In addition to, great! 

1 minute ago, bris red said:

Decent signing to be honest - him Fam Wells and Weimann is certainly a top 6 front line on paper..

It’s amazing how one signing can make a big difference to outlook.  Williams was the first piece in the upgrade jigsaw, I think Martin makes our forward line better.

2 hours ago, WirralRobin said:

For anyone still not sure what type of player he is (or for anyone interested) here is Chris Martin's most recent Football Manager 2020 profile (based on last season's game). Each score is out of 20. Anything at 14 or above is very good for our level. So as many have pointed out he's not the quickest but is good technically, a more than decent finisher and very strong.

I know any link to computer games puts a lot of people off understandably, but a lot of scouting goes into putting together these scores so they are decent at getting a feel for the type of player at least.

Also stuck in Fam's for some kind of comparison

image.thumb.png.3ced295aeb18310edb482ae290bf7279.png

image.thumb.png.60c203184490cdcf80f2a0a692845b40.png

image.png

So he's a brave nutter who can take a penalty? 

13 minutes ago, stortfordred said:

Back on topic though, why has he left Derby? Too much competition for WR in the granny stakes?

Allegedly they offered one year plus a one year option.  Assume this will be a 2 year deal (maybe with an option too).  Guessing???

33 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It’s amazing how one signing can make a big difference to outlook.  Williams was the first piece in the upgrade jigsaw, I think Martin makes our forward line better.

So do I . Intelligent player , that with our midfield can make runs off him. Looks like szmodics is off which is a shame . I’d say he probably suits us now better than Palmer . 

Archived