IGNORED

Chris Martin : Confirmed as signed

Rocky

1 minute ago, bcfc01 said:

Maybe so and he can now play that game, but when you look at his game in France, I really thought we were getting a much stronger, albeit not as quick, version of Kodjia. When he comes deep for the ball, which he didn't do under LJ but I saw flashes of under Holden, then turns and faces the defence, rather than have his back to the defence, he is at his best imo. As a "target man" he is virtually static - probably more to do with LJ than him.

Anyway, he's probably out of here soon.

Yeah, I’ve gone on record several times about how I saw him play for Angers in France.  He reminded me of Kevin Campbell (ex-Arsenal / Everton man).  He liked to come short and drift into space (left half), but he also liked it in behind the CBs.  LJ never played like that.  There were flashes, especially Boro (a) where I thought I’d been transported back.

1 minute ago, Jerseybean said:

Welcome to BS3 Chris.

Great bit of business imo he is proven at this level, Derby wanted to keep him, capable of scoring a few and providing intelligent link up play, significantly strengthens our forward options and on a free! 

Well played BCFC.

Not too many times we've been able to say that recently.

Looks a decent enough signing as a backup striker, its always a bit of a worry when a player becomes a journey man he's had a new club every season last few years, hopefully he will fit better here,

I see on his stats his last really good goal scoring season is 2016/17 anyone know if that's due to lack of game time for example,

11 minutes ago, winsaw said:

Looks a decent enough signing as a backup striker, its always a bit of a worry when a player becomes a journey man he's had a new club every season last few years, hopefully he will fit better here,

I see on his stats his last really good goal scoring season is 2016/17 anyone know if that's due to lack of game time for example,

? He's only been at different clubs due to being on loan, he's been at Derby since 2012 aint he?

Anyway, according to wiki at least, he scored 11 last season, which aint bad. He played alot for them too, and the Derby fans seem to be sad he's gone. 

14 minutes ago, winsaw said:

Someone posted on Twitter he's had/has colitis so struggled for a couple of years but that last season he was back on form

1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

If you’re not sure on him, read the Derby fan comments on Facebook. Very reminiscent of ours when Korey left. 

Most rams wanted him to stay. Looks an astute signing. 

Unfortunately I've a Scottish father in law telling me very different stories.

But I know to prioritise the league history - let's face it both us and Derby would probably give the Scots a decent game so he'll have better players around him at club level.

19 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

If you’re not sure on him, read the Derby fan comments on Facebook. Very reminiscent of ours when Korey left. 

Most rams wanted him to stay. Looks an astute signing. 

Agree. This is my favourite quote from a Derby fan on their forum just before lockdown (a lot were hoping he’d sign a new contract):

in the championship there is nothing better than watching a confident and in form Chris Martin

the guy is a joy to watch simple as 

he’s like a championship teddy sherringham 

physical speed of a tortoise after an 8 course banquet and chocolate pudding afters but the speed of thought of usain bolt on steroids 

love him , absolutely love him 

he’s an artist’

3 hours ago, Scare_Man said:

Much appreciated information from the other side, thanks for taking the time to post here.

Derby had a well publicised drinking incident last year, was Martin culpable in any way in that?

No he wasn’t one of the players in that group, as I say a lot has been made of his drinking past but there has been no reported or even rumoured issues off the pitch so don’t worry about anything like that 

3 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

Diedhiou is no more a target man than Martin - he's had to learn that game since coming here.

Mentioned it earlier in the thread, having seen how he played in France (admittedly only from clips) it is nothing like how LJ played him.

Hope DH gets the best out of him.

This is exactly right. LJ turned the bloke into a worse player than when he arrived. The fella must have a huge heart!

58 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Rams fans are disappointed to lose him and I recall him looking decent when he has played against us.  A 2/3 year contract is probably the last he will get being 32 in November.  Sounds like a decent addition to the squad.

He will be a great loss to Coldplay though.

At last!!! a Coldplay reference can't believe nobody has done it before.

Most importantly he should be excellent foil for Wells. I feel like Diedhiou and Wells haven’t really clicked as a pairing yet but I think Wells will thrive with someone like Martin. 

We’ve got a nice blend of forwards now - perhaps we could do with someone pacey and athletic to come off the bench but maybe that’s where Semenyo comes in.

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Most importantly he should be excellent foil for Wells. I feel like Diedhiou and Wells haven’t really clicked as a pairing yet but I think Wells will thrive with someone like Martin. 

We’ve got a nice blend of forwards now - perhaps we could do with someone pacey and athletic to come off the bench but maybe that’s where Semenyo comes in.

I can’t see Semenyo getting a look in to be honest. The forward options that are ahead of him...

Wells

Fam

Weimann

Martin

Palmer

Szmodics

Pato

Archived