IGNORED

A bit OTT

Matthew me

Can't help but think this is getting a bit OTT regarding secret fixtures. 

Do we really think Exeter are such a huge threat ...

Perhaps we had a few players on trial. But we've done that before and excluded their names. It's not as if anyone was going to travel and watch the match.

Chill out City... Leeds arent hiding in a bush with a camera.... 

5 minutes ago, Matthew me said:

Perhaps we had a few players on trial. But we've done that before and excluded their names. It's not as if anyone was going to travel and watch the match.

It doesn't bother me really, but most other clubs have been streaming their friendlies haven't they? Why the secrecy around ours?

1 minute ago, Berkshire Red said:

This club is truly baffling me at the moment. 

Being kept in the dark on so many issues:

Season ticket holder, with the season starting in 2 days and still no word on what's happening.

Fixtures being withheld from fans.

Again, season starts in 2 days and am I right in thinking still no official home kit release? 

Didn't this happen a few years ago as well, we played the first game without knowing the home/away kit I can't remember which it was ?

13 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Firstly and fore mostly Bristol City is a football CLUB. As a bear minimum, that should mean that supporters are actually able to watch games and support their team.

What if it was at the request of the opposition club ?

Just now, Kid in the Riot said:

Firstly and fore mostly Bristol City is a football CLUB. As a bear minimum, that should mean that supporters are actually able to watch games and support their team.

Aww honey, bear with me a sec while I explain it,

Have you paws to think about the people at the cub? The staff will get sacked if we don't win football games. I don't blame them for trying to win. 

There's different types of supporter, I'm fine with not watching the team play friendlies if it gives us 0.00001% increased chance for us to win competitive fixtures. So if this is the reason for the secrecy I SUPPORT their decision.

You care about the social culture more than winning culture, which is fine, that's what you want from football. If you watch football for the social side of things, cool!

We're polar opposites. I don't need pandaing to. I mean I'd like to watch, but if it helps the team win, it's fine.

2 minutes ago, Matthew me said:

It's about engaging with the customers / fans.

We've no clue about our performance, kit, etc etc 

Sure, the communication is awful, 100% agree. That doesn't help the team win football games so I'm against it. I want us to sell kits, to drive revenue, to give us more funds, to buy players, so we spend it on the team and improve the on field success chance.

Now, if we drive TOO many CLUB supporters away by annoying the culture fans like @Kid in the Riot that's also bad, for the same reasons, so as a TEAM supporter I accept there's a balance.

10 minutes ago, Prinny said:

Have you paws to think about the people at the cub? The staff will get sacked if we don't win football games. I don't blame them for trying to win. 

There's different types of supporter, I'm fine with not watching the team play friendlies if it gives us 0.00001% increased chance for us to win competitive fixtures. So if this is the reason for the secrecy I SUPPORT their decision.

You care about the social culture more than winning culture, which is fine, that's what you want from football. If you watch football for the social side of things, cool!

We're polar opposites. I don't need pandaing to. I mean I'd like to watch, but if it helps the team win, it's fine.

Sure, the communication is awful, 100% agree. That doesn't help the team win football games so I'm against it. I want us to sell kits, to drive revenue, to give us more funds, to buy players, so we spend it on the team and improve the on field success chance.

Now, if we drive TOO many CLUB supporters away by annoying the culture fans like @Kid in the Riot that's also bad, for the same reasons, so as a TEAM supporter I accept there's a balance.

Having fans engaged, informed, and part of the journey adds a lot more than 0.0001%

Can we stop making excuses for the shambolic communication from the club.

I've never heard such rubbish. I get behind closed door fixtures. I don't get fixtures where we can't even know who were playing 

It's playground rubbish

9 minutes ago, Matthew me said:

Having fans engaged, informed, and part of the journey adds a lot more than 0.0001%

Can we stop making excuses for the shambolic communication from the club.

I've never heard such rubbish. I get behind closed door fixtures. I don't get fixtures where we can't even know who were playing 

It's playground rubbish

Maybe the opposition requested it ?

Why do we need to know everything of that nature anyway ? Seems a bit entitled to me.

But on the other communications issues such as ST, kit, general info,  I would 100% agree that the communications are crap at the moment.

Rather surprisingly I find myself in agreement with most here. I belueve City do many things well but PR isn't one of them. It's not that it's entirely bad but it's patchy. I hear good things from away supporters, especially disabled supporters or those attending the Gate for the first time about the matchday experience, and about our community programmes, but on issues that affect the majority, such as season tickets, streaming and merchandise, their performance often leaves a lot to be desired. 

I spent many years in the civil service as both a manager a trade union official. I know there are times when, for good reason, you can't say anything. I also know though that in those moments it's best to say exactly that, eg we can't say anything now but will have an update in a few days time. I often told senior management they could use the TU as a conduit for news, City could do the same with the SLO. 

1 hour ago, Carey 6 said:

Didn't this happen a few years ago as well, we played the first game without knowing the home/away kit I can't remember which it was ?

If I remember rightly, 2014/15 promotion season. The purple and lime away kit was only released the day before our first game away to Sheffield United.

• Admin
2 hours ago, Matthew me said:

I wouldn't agree that they were secret fixtures.

They were all known about in advance

Just because you didn't know about them it seems an issue?

2 hours ago, Prinny said:

I think that if you go to the training ground and hang up a banner saying "we love you City-now go out and do us proud, get us a win and we'll all be the better for it. A round of soft drinks are on me, just as soon as we taste victory" then we might increase our chances of winning by 0.0001%.

Now go and do it. Do it now. 

9 minutes ago, The dastardly red said:

I think that if you go to the training ground and hang up a banner saying "we love you City-now go out and do us proud, get us a win and we'll all be the better for it. A round of soft drinks are on me, just as soon as we taste victory" then we might increase our chances of winning by 0.0001%.

Now go and do it. Do it now. 

So if the club wanted to hang that banner up and felt like it's the best thing I might agree or not but I'd support it. Like the Holden appointment, if they're genuine about him being the best candidate I support it. I want to watch the friendlies, and know all about it, but if they would rather hide the information to help the team I support that.

I want the club to do everything it can to win within the rules.

I do not want to do everything I can, nor demand anyone else outside of the club do all they can either.

I don't view myself as part of the club. I'm a supporter of the team, and/or a customer of the business. Lots of fans think they're part of the club, I disagree with that mentality personally but I respect that people like football for different reasons.

Moaning for the sake of moaning. 

Whinging because the kit hasn't been released but will be imminently, whining because we are using behind closed door friendlies where there could be good justification (competitive advantage, request of opposition) 

Just seems like boredom of the lack of football, signings (until possibly today) has some fans worked up that they aren't considered in every decision/action made by the club. 

Dean should signpost every bowel movement he has just so fans are aware.

11 minutes ago, RedRoss said:

Dean should signpost every bowel movement he has just so fans are aware.

Is that possible? I would rather it were the guy who preceeded me into trap 2 in the Dolman last home game. Would have saved both my lunch and months of PTSD. It was like King Kong's finger. Jesus.

• Admin
3 minutes ago, Mad Cyril said:

Is that possible? I would rather it were the guy who preceeded me into trap 2 in the Dolman last home game. Would have saved both my lunch and months of PTSD. It was like King Kong's finger. Jesus.

Well the City is famous for putting the science into this !

Though I'm always convinced there was another level at the bottom, relating to shitting in quarters???

image.png

2 hours ago, Red Homer said:

If I remember rightly, 2014/15 promotion season. The purple and lime away kit was only released the day before our first game away to Sheffield United.

It was 2016/17 

We had played 4 games (3 away) before releasing it. (Just found a thread on otib)

https://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/177263-away-kit-now-released-merged/page/26/

Archived