IGNORED

Eliasson - Departure confirmed

Lew-T

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Looks like Celtic, Fenerbahce & Nimes are all interested.

Seems the most likely of our horde of midfielders to depart now.

Best scenario for us having multiple teams interested, should start a bidding war which would at least bump the price up a bit I’d imagine!

On 26/09/2020 at 11:56, GrahamC said:

Think it is in everyone’s best interests if this happens now.

He doesn’t have a natural home in a 3-5-2, we still have far too many midfield players & he gets a chance to play more regularly in a decent league. We get a player off the wage bill & some income, too.

Personally think the talk of Villa being even remotely interested in him is absolute nonsense, he played in midweek because we pretty much reverted to the team that beat Northampton.

Be lucky to get much more than 4m Euros for him, though.

Very true Graham and I think the Glasgow Times have been on the Whisky. Defender?

CELTIC have been linked with a move for Bristol City defender Niclas Eliasson as Neil Lennon steps up his bid to bring in a new left-back before the transfer window closes next month.

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/news/18755468.celtic-plotting-move-bristol-citys-niclas-eliasson/ 

52 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

Very true Graham and I think the Glasgow Times have been on the Whisky. Defender?

CELTIC have been linked with a move for Bristol City defender Niclas Eliasson as Neil Lennon steps up his bid to bring in a new left-back before the transfer window closes next month.

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/news/18755468.celtic-plotting-move-bristol-citys-niclas-eliasson/ 

Could we be done under the Trades Description Act if they think they are possibly signing a left-back??

2 hours ago, Curr Avon said:

Be disappointed if they want a left back then!!

12 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

I mean we paid £2m for him? Maybe paid out £1.5-2m in wages over the three years, so wouldn’t be getting our entire investment back but let’s be honest we’ve done well to do so on other players. If we can sneak in another half mil and a good sell on then great, but I don’t see us getting much better money than that.

2 minutes ago, RobArnold10 said:

I mean we paid £2m for him? Maybe paid out £1.5-2m in wages over the three years, so wouldn’t be getting our entire investment back but let’s be honest we’ve done well to do so on other players. If we can sneak in another half mil and a good sell on then great, but I don’t see us getting much better money than that.

Probably a sell on for his former club diminishes any profit further.

But Celtic are still sniffing around so there may well be a few quid more.

On 29/09/2020 at 09:44, cidered abroad said:

We have a gem in Bakinson and you would loan him to League One?

Incredible!

Cidered Abroad, what you’ve failed to notice, or take into account, is that my OP was done on 8th September 2020.

Sorry, but my crystal ball was at the cleaners that day, otherwise I would have known what a huge impact Bakinson would have on the start of our season ?

Hindsight is a beautiful thing!

One thing I’m sure we can agree on now, is that Tyreeq Bakinson is a super talented player with huge potential. 

COYR.

If we paid £1.8m for him...the we possibly make £0.9m on him in terms of net spending, and owe Norrkoping say 20% of that, £180k....leaving us with £720k net profit.

From an FFP perspective he’s only worth £300k on the books (amortised £600k yr1, £600k yr2 and yr3’s £600k was split into two as part of one year option).  So if we get £2.7m we can take off £300k and £180k and that leaves a “transfer profit” of £2.22m for our FFP submission.

Every little helps.

10 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

If we paid £1.8m for him...the we possibly make £0.9m on him in terms of net spending, and owe Norrkoping say 20% of that, £180k....leaving us with £720k net profit.

From an FFP perspective he’s only worth £300k on the books (amortised £600k yr1, £600k yr2 and yr3’s £600k was split into two as part of one year option).  So if we get £2.7m we can take off £300k and £180k and that leaves a “transfer profit” of £2.22m for our FFP submission.

Every little helps.

Plus we can only get what someone will offer, despite some on here still thinking clubs are clamouring to pay us money for our players, if we look at who we have moved on so far (Watkins, Szmodics, Adelakun) only one has gone for a fee & that was funded by Brentford buying Toney, which was itself funded by Villa buying Ollie Watkins...

46 minutes ago, RobArnold10 said:

Yeah I get your logic in regards to wages but he has played over the years he's been here. Maybe not constantly in contention every week but contributed nonetheless. Don't think firstly we can try and guess the wages with no real reference point and secondly add them into profit or loss making on transfer fees.

27 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

A lot of posters on here have given reasons why we wouldn’t get more than £3m.  Some seem to think £5-6m is more fair but that ignores his contract length 

Contract length is key here, he has 9 months left and the clock is ticking.

Some people don't understand  there's a huge difference between a player over 24 with less than year left on their deal and a 21 year old with 3 years of contract to go.

I'd happily take £2.7m now because it's a hell of a lot better than the £0 we get in 9 months...

£2.7 (and also 9 months of wages, say he's on £10k a week) is essentially £3 mil we'd have back.

For a player who isn't starting it makes sense, use that money in Jan where we need to reinforce and gets another player on the bench (squad harmony help there too)

38 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

if we have been offered as reported 2.7m for Eliasson then i would take that.  last year of his contract not getting game time. does not appear to want his new deal.  makes sense to sell.

Yep

34 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

A lot of posters on here have given reasons why we wouldn’t get more than £3m.  Some seem to think £5-6m is more fair but that ignores his contract length 

Yep

6 minutes ago, Prinny said:

Contract length is key here, he has 9 months left and the clock is ticking.

Some people don't understand  there's a huge difference between a player over 24 with less than year left on their deal and a 21 year old with 3 years of contract to go.

I'd happily take £2.7m now because it's a hell of a lot better than the £0 we get in 9 months...

Yep

Plus if you let him go for nothing, you are paying 9 months wages too, let’s say circa £400k.

So, take £2.7m and save yourself £400k in wages too....in effect is worth more like £3.1m.

It all helps.

4 minutes ago, Selred said:

£2.7 (and also 9 months of wages, say he's on £10k a week) is essentially £3 mil we'd have back.

For a player who isn't starting it makes sense, use that money in Jan where we need to reinforce and gets another player on the bench (squad harmony help there too)

Beat me to it.

I think Ashton needs to work his magic and turn it into £30m... Sorry using gas logic there. 

I think £2.7m is a good starting point but if we can get it to £4-5m using add ons (he makes x amount of appearances for Sweden we get x etc) then it would probably benefit both parties as Fenerbache won't have to shell out all of that money at once and we know we'll make a bit of bank in the future as well from him. 

Archived