IGNORED

Eliasson - Departure confirmed

Lew-T

2 minutes ago, Dolman_Stand said:

Its right that he goes given his contract situation, it is a wory that we will be left with any out-and-out wingers in the squad (O'DOwda at a push), maybe some of the money from him, Fam and a midfielder or two will be re-invested in a rigt sided winger just so we have the option as the season progresses

Weimann will be that option if required.

I really don’t see us spending any money now, not until all the financial uncertainty is cleared up or we get promotion anyway.

30 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

Albert is being linked with a move to QPR which would suit him down to the ground on a personal note. Cardiff are also interested after his loan last season, I guess that could be to replace the sacked Mendez-Laing? Or was it Hoilett they sacked?

Mendez-Laing, mate.

Be nice for Albert to finish his career at QPR, as he is a big fan.

38 minutes ago, mozo said:

Interessant!

Nimes aren't a club I'm too familiar with so had a little look. They call themselves Les Crocodiles! Despite that, they play in red. They just escaped relegation from Ligue 1 last season by one place.

Looks like a hell of a place to live. Down on the south coast, and full of ancient ruins. I'd go and play there!

Lovely city in egg chaser country. If ever down that way visit the Pont du Gard, huge Roman aqueduct. Very best to Nic. 

14 minutes ago, Dolman_Stand said:

Its right that he goes given his contract situation, it is a wory that we will be left with any out-and-out wingers in the squad (O'DOwda at a push), maybe some of the money from him, Fam and a midfielder or two will be re-invested in a rigt sided winger just so we have the option as the season progresses

Opi Edwards anyone? Bring another young un through. Not loaned far as I know.

Just now, RedRoss said:

I actually think we're doing alright. £1 mil profit during covid 19 and only one year left on contract.

I think a lot of people remember the recent £10m+ sums and expect it for all our decent players but obviously there's a huge amount of factors that determine the price..

9 minutes ago, RedRoss said:

I actually think we're doing alright. £1 mil profit during covid 19 and only one year left on contract.

We paid that much for him.

No profit at all, but food for thought for those thinking we will get £5m or £6m for our players in the current climate.

Below the Prem the transfer market is dead, the only clubs spending money have generated it by sales to clubs there or like Birmingham, to the Bundesliga.

6 minutes ago, Judda said:

I think a lot of people remember the recent £10m+ sums and expect it for all our decent players but obviously there's a huge amount of factors that determine the price..

Exactly. Big numbers mostly achieved for top scorers, player of the season, club captain types. Not someone who can barely get in the match day squad half the time.

4 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

We paid that much for him.

No profit at all, but food for thought for those thinking we will get £5m or £6m for our players in the current climate.

Below the Prem the transfer market is dead, the only clubs spending money have generated it by sales to clubs there or like Birmingham, to the Bundesliga.

No we didn't unless you were in that board meeting.

I was wrong though 700k. Thought we bought him for €1.8 instead of sterling.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40867982

1 hour ago, Dolman_Stand said:

Info @telefoot_chaine

It’s done for the arrival of Niclas Eliasson (Bristol) in Nîmes!

The two clubs are in the process of exchanging the last documents but everything is ok: the 24-year-old Swede will be a new player for Nîmes!

Love the type-face ?

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

It is £450k then, 2.5m euros equates to £2.25m, less the £1.8m quoted here.

Less the 10-20% profit to Norrkoping.

1 minute ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Wasted years in Bristol - for all parties. LJ had a dream but could not live up to it. 

I wouldn’t say wasted, he has developed as a player & the experience of playing in the Championship & in England rather than staying in Sweden will have done him good as well.

1 hour ago, RedRoss said:

He should sign a four year deal. Price between 2-2.5 million euros.

I think NE is too good for Nimes and expect that we should get a good sell on fee as he shines in a very ordinary side.

5 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

I wouldn’t say wasted, he has developed as a player & the experience of playing in the Championship & in England rather than staying in Sweden have done him good as well.

His defensive play has improved - that's it. Apart from money and a truly nice city he could have been without the experience and moved elsewhere from start 

2 minutes ago, ReggyRed said:

If he was good as most of the people on here think he is then he certainly wouldn’t be joining nimes 

He's been unlucky to be fair.

In my opinion he's one of our best players, I haven't seen a crosser like him for years. I still dream of his left foot.

Unfortunately we don't play with wingers. Therefore his sum is not worth more than the whole. But he is still a terrific player.

I’m sure he will look good in any team that can allow him the flexibility to play to his strengths....but as the standard gets higher so does the necessity to confirm with tactics and shape without the ball (both in and out of possession)....and that is his weaknesses.

Absolutely brilliant left foot but I can see why Prem clubs aren’t knocking.

Celtic would’ve been a good move though.

9 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

His defensive play has improved - that's it. Apart from money and a truly nice city he could have been without the experience and moved elsewhere from start 

All about opinions I suppose, I don’t know who else was supposedly interested in signing him at the time City did so it would be pointless me speculating about where he could of ended up.

But he’s had a fairly comfortable couple of years here, picked up a decent wage on time (which he might of had problems with if he had joined a club like Wigan or Birmingham). I hardly think he’s going to leave here upset that he made the move in the first place.

Archived