IGNORED

Eliasson - Departure confirmed

Lew-T

3 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Notice the guy selling larks livers , ocelot spleens and otter’s noses. 

Interesting that you should mention food when discussing Nimes, for we had a similar discussion quite some time ago.

Nimes, of course, as well as being famous for its jeans - denim (de Nimes) - was also the origin of the salt cod dish, Brandade de Morue. 

I am sure Niclas will have a wonderful time there, although it is certainly a bit warmer than his native Sweden.

3 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Interesting that you should mention food when discussing Nimes, for we had a similar discussion quite some time ago.

Nimes, of course, as well as being famous for its jeans - denim (de Nimes) - was also the origin of the salt cod dish, Brandade de Morue. 

I am sure Niclas will have a wonderful time there, although it is certainly a bit warmer than his native Sweden.

Do you remember a series called Connections with James Burke back in the 70's? There was a whole episode about how the development of Denim was instrumental in the winning of the West of America, it's origin was one of those facts that I have never forgotten.

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

They have a game on Sunday, (Montpellier away) French media are reporting they want him involved in it so this would have to go through today for that to happen.

Isn't Montpellier their big derby game? Should be a good one for him to make his debut in! I've also seen they have PSG at home the game after too!!

Just now, Port Said Red said:

Do you remember a series called Connections with James Burke back in the 70's? There was a whole episode about how the development of Denim was instrumental in the winning of the West of America, it's origin was one of those facts that I have never forgotten.

James Burke (who is still alive, by the way) is an absolute genius.

If you ever get the chance to view his opening to a TV show in the same series where a space rocket takes off in the distance whilst he does a piece to camera, take it, it is just mind blowing.

His ability to explain complicated concepts in a way that someone like me, who had little interest in science & understood even less, was just amazing.

His TV shows should definitely be a part of the education syllabus.

1 minute ago, Kingswoodactor said:

Isn't Montpellier their big derby game? Should be a good one for him to make his debut in! I've also seen they have PSG at home the game after too!!

Yep, about 40 miles away.

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

James Burke (who is still alive, by the way) is an absolute genius.

If you ever get the chance to view his opening to a TV show in the same series where a space rocket takes off in the distance whilst he does a piece to camera, take it, it is just mind blowing.

His ability to explain complicated concepts in a way that someone like me, who had little interest in science & understood even less, was just amazing.

His TV shows should definitely be a part of the education syllabus.

Yep, about 40 miles away.

They are available on Youtube although, I have just been looking for the episode I mentioned and can't find it so maybe I am getting mixed up with another show of his. I agree he was a great broadcaster and was never quite sure why he disappeared from our screens.

13 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

5 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

They are available on Youtube although, I have just been looking for the episode I mentioned and can't find it so maybe I am getting mixed up with another show of his. I agree he was a great broadcaster and was never quite sure why he disappeared from our screens.

I vaguely remember the name, although, having just looked him up on WIKI, his face is certainly familiar.

I don't recall the 'denim' episode, although I now see that it might not even have been JB in any event ?

27 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Went to America to lecture, certifiable genius for me.

18 hours ago, Dolman_Stand said:

Fishpaste it is then

I said that in Cologne once and in perfect English the German that I asked pointed at a huge clock and said "There is a clock up there". It got me my Avon Credit level 3 in German though.

1 minute ago, Major Isewater said:

I thought we didn’t play with wingers ? 

No it is whingers that "One Hundred Percent Holden" doesn't like.

2 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I vaguely remember the name, although, having just looked him up on WIKI, his face is certainly familiar.

I don't recall the 'denim' episode, although I now see that it might not even have been JB in any event ?

James used to be on Tomorrow's World and I think he led the BBC coverage of the moon landings. It was definitely him that talked about denim, which show is the only question. I am definitely going to rewatch those shows on YouTube though.

55 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

James used to be on Tomorrow's World and I think he led the BBC coverage of the moon landings. It was definitely him that talked about denim, which show is the only question. I am definitely going to rewatch those shows on YouTube though.

Now I remember - that is why his face was familiar.

4 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I totally get what you’re saying Jon.

Maybe we did get the best out of him....maybe he hasn’t got the football intelligence / maturity?  I don’t know, just that I saw him fail to do add anything unless he had the ball at his feet.  I know that sounds a stupid comment, but I rarely saw him (for example) come off the right touch line to create space for Hunt to overlap.  Teams didn’t always have to double up on him either, because good blocking of passing lanes were enough to stop the ball getting to him.

To thrive at Nimes he will need to be a focal point of their play.

Ive no idea how good Nimes are in Ligue1 in comparison to top end of the Champ....or how tactical Ligue1  is beneath the “big clubs”.

Good luck to him...will look forward to new highlight reels.

i can see him fetching 7 --10 mill in a couple of seasoms if things work out and he continues to progress.......I just hope we include a substantial sell on percentage.  I don't care what anyone says,  i definitely will miss him, Shane..........but i understand why he has to go

• The title was changed to Eliasson - Departure confirmed
15 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

We are selling the best in the Championship because we don’t play him , he’s a winger and we don’t play with wingers . 

Nope, we are selling him because he's out of contract next summer and won't sign a new one. If we categorically will not play with wingers at any point this season why did we bother offering him a new one?

There is no chance we will go through all 46 games this season playing only 3-5-2

35 minutes ago, Dolman_Stand said:

You've answered your own question haven't you? We will need a replacement for Eliasson who has to be sold given he won't sign a new contract

As the major states........we don't use wingers in our formation, so why would we spend money on a winger to just sit on the bench?

3 minutes ago, bris red said:

Still don’t think we ever saw the best of him in a BCFC shirt. What was the fee we got does anyone know?

Just over £2m. I just hope we have a hefty sell-on percentage as I can see him moving for an eight-figure fee in a few years, especially if he plays on the flanks of a front three. 

Archived