IGNORED

Eliasson - Departure confirmed

Lew-T

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

Your privilege.

The French sports media are very good & there is absolutely no reason at all to doubt what numerous sources in France are reporting.

Whoever the buying club was had us over a barrel, once the window closed on Monday we wouldn’t have got a fee for him at all.

Indeed.

The domestic window closes on 16th October - not that I think Eliasson would have got a premier league move other than to a team like Villa or WBA who were both allegedly interested. 

Anyway, moot point, he's gone and we'll find out for how much when its disclosed.

I would imagine MA would have prioritised a higher % of future transfer rather than a higher transfer fee with only a year left on his deal. 

Mental how people now seem to think that our most creative player last year was not all that. The system now doesn’t fit him yes and it is right for him to go, but he was the shining light in what was ultimately a disappointing team last year. His numbers would have been through the roof if he was played regularly. 

2 minutes ago, Wade Wilson said:

How does a player who’s “not that good” get the 3rd highest amount of assists in the league? He’s a winger, it’s his primary job to assist goals and he did. With a minutes/assist ratio far better than that of the players above him. 

Yes, and did not start to often. He is a winger and he does his job. When NE got the ball other players run in to the box, football is sometimes simple. He did not make in this leauge but in ligue1 he will do fine. Happy for him that he went to another Club where he will play. He is far to good to sit on the bench in Englands second division. It LJ played his Cards right last season he still haved be our manager, but he did not. Happy that DH took over and  got a way of playing. Not be surprised If NE is in the swedish team next euro tournament. Good luck Niclas!!!

12 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

You tell me because you obviously no more than most managers in this country who would of looked at him and thought nah not worth 2 million 

There’s not been many transfers above £2m this window and the ones that have been were funded by player sales (and obviously done quite quick) like Brentford getting in Toney. It’s also entirely possible we quoted Championship teams much higher than we quoted Nimes. 

It’s also very late in the window and teams that had money and needed wingers have already made their moves. 

1 minute ago, Wade Wilson said:

There’s not been many transfers above £2m this window and the ones that have been were funded by player sales (and obviously done quite quick) like Brentford getting in Toney. It’s also entirely possible we quoted Championship teams much higher than we quoted Nimes. 

It’s also very late in the window and teams that had money and needed wingers have already made their moves. 

Hell of a lot of guessing in that post mate let’s be honest,maybe just maybe they were the only team that wanted him

4 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Hell of a lot of guessing in that post mate let’s be honest,maybe just maybe they were the only team that wanted him

Maybe they weren’t. Fact of the matter is he was a fantastic asset to us last season and to see him go at all, especially in these circumstances, sucks. 

1 hour ago, Dolman_Stand said:

Nope, we are selling him because he's out of contract next summer and won't sign a new one. If we categorically will not play with wingers at any point this season why did we bother offering him a new one?

There is no chance we will go through all 46 games this season playing only 3-5-2

....and importantly if he was keen to go abroad, in 3 months he could’ve signed a pre-contract agreement and gone for £0 next summer.  You get what fee you can in those circumstances....and save 9 months wages in the process too.

35 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Undisclosed.

I'd be surprised if it was as low as 2.25m - yes, contract running out, financial situation, etc etc., but I really can't see it personally. And until an official source confirms it, I'll dismiss it :)

I am a bit too, but I guess that’s the market outside the Prem.. I don’t think we will ever get an official fee announced.

35 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

With a year left that’s bloody good business,we all knew he had talent but he just was hit and miss,there is a reason no team in this country has bought him that cheap and that’s because he’s not the good 

Yes, if £2.25m is the fee, I’m surprised there wasn’t more interest....but maybe other clubs and their scouts see deficiencies in his game to not want to pay more.

19 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Indeed.

The domestic window closes on 16th October - not that I think Eliasson would have got a premier league move other than to a team like Villa or WBA who were both allegedly interested. 

Anyway, moot point, he's gone and we'll find out for how much when its disclosed.

Yep, I think several of us would think a lower Prem team might’ve taken a punt at that price, but if there were no guarantees of a regular start (like here) and Nic harbours ambitions of a Sweden call up....then Villa or West Brom aren’t the right clubs for him either.

A good deal for all is my my thoughts.

Every time he played for us, offensively he looked dangerous and I like a winger who goes by a man and can cross a ball so I am somewhat biased.

However, facts are this:

- Does not fit into Dean Holden’s preferred system (he is not a wingback and never will be)

- Clearly wants to leave

- For whatever reason, mentioned suitors (Celtic, Villa et al) did not fancy him

Good luck Nic, and go well, could well have been played/managed differently and would either be lining up for us in the Prem at #11, or being sold for £10-15mill, neither of those scenarios are or were beyond the realms when you consider the era he spent with us.

Hindsight is best sight as they say and the way the current managerial/coaching team have started, you have to trust this as best case right now.

41 minutes ago, Wade Wilson said:

Not too happy tbh, easily one of our best and most talented players. I feel we’re gonna regret this one. 

We mismanaged and underused him the entire time he was here and sold him for pretty much what we bought him for. 

travis fimmel ragnar lothbrok GIF

Not wishing to use this as a stick with which to beat LJ, but I think any blame must be attached to our last head coach rather than the club ( we).

LJ’s muddled thinking about tactics and formations, needing enough clubs in the bag and players he could trust resulted in a us not getting the best out of a number of players. 

For all the reservations many had about Holden, it seems to me that he has a clear plan in mind as to how he wants us to play and he also appears to be being pragmatic about the fact that we have a bloated squad and especially a surfeit of midfield players. In making cuts to the squad, and shipping players out, he has to decide which players fit best with the way we are looking to play. Add to that Elliasson’s contract situation ( after the last couple of years he probe;y, and understandably, wants more regular game time, it appears to be a sensible decision for all parties.

The alternative would be to keep him and either compromise the way DG wants us to play in order to accommodate NE, fit him into a 3-5-2 as a square peg in a round hole or change the way we are going to play, all of which would be taking us back towards LJ’s  way of planning and squad management!

1 minute ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Good money for him mate when he’s clearly not in our plans this season 

There’s no way we play without wingers the entire season, I would’ve liked to have seen him upfront or at CAM if needs be. Nice to get some money, absolutely, just gutted at seeing such a talented entertaining player leave. Especially when O’Dowda and Watkins (even if he is away on loan) are still on our books. 

1 minute ago, bristolcitysweden said:

A message to LJ; you need the cake before the icing.

And when the seagulls follow the trawler, its because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea.

Or something like that.

2 minutes ago, Wade Wilson said:

There’s no way we play without wingers the entire season, I would’ve liked to have seen him upfront or at CAM if needs be. Nice to get some money, absolutely, just gutted at seeing such a talented entertaining player leave. Especially when O’Dowda and Watkins (even if he is away on loan) are still on our books. 

Holden could easily go 442 at some point, but like Sir Alf go wingless.

I wish Eliasson had been played more on the left in his time here.

16 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Holden could easily go 442 at some point, but like Sir Alf go wingless.

I wish Eliasson had been played more on the left in his time here.

With our absolute glut of central midfielders we can go wingless or diamond, or the magic 4-2-2-2.

And we can play O'Dowda and Weimann and Paterson on the wings and bring back the glory days of LJ! We can play like, Massengo and Walsh in a midfield 2, get completely overrun and pump the ball long at Fam. It'll be great.

I don't think Eliasson has the physical ability (size/speed) to be a big threat in the Prem. At best IMO he'd look like a David Bentley type (Blackburn not Spurs), where he has excellent passing/crossing but can't beat anyone for pace. David Beckham lite. Good luck to him, think the continent will suit him more than elite English football! 

Seemed like a nice guy, no issues with him. Agree it would have been interesting to see him play left wing and make a team around him. Feels like an acceptable price given the climate and an absence of details. From start to finish think the club has done well with him. It's a shame he didn't perform one year earlier so we could have gotten maximum value out of his sale.

6 minutes ago, Prinny said:

With our absolute glut of central midfielders we can go wingless or diamond, or the magic 4-2-2-2.

And we can play O'Dowda and Weimann and Paterson on the wings and bring back the glory days of LJ! We can play like, Massengo and Walsh in a midfield 2, get completely overrun and pump the ball long at Fam. It'll be great.

I don't think Eliasson has the physical ability (size/speed) to be a big threat in the Prem. At best IMO he'd look like a David Bentley type (Blackburn not Spurs), where he has excellent passing/crossing but can't beat anyone for pace. David Beckham lite. Good luck to him, think the continent will suit him more than elite English football! 

Seemed like a nice guy, no issues with him. Agree it would have been interesting to see him play left wing and make a team around him. Feels like an acceptable price given the climate and an absence of details. From start to finish think the club has done well with him. It's a shame he didn't perform one year earlier so we could have gotten maximum value out of his sale.

Ah, nostalgia ???

1 hour ago, joe jordans teeth said:

You tell me because you obviously no more than most managers in this country who would of looked at him and thought nah not worth 2 million 

I wonder if (domestically at least) our reputation for getting big fees is starting to catch up with us and teams may not have approached us expecting we'd demand a big fee, Bobby and Joe for example of players with 1 year left on their contracts.

57 minutes ago, Wade Wilson said:

Diamond could work, our combination of CM's could easily fit the requirements.

1 hour ago, View from the Dolman said:

Our media team get stick but the announcement from Nimes is about as minimal as they come: http://www.nimes-olympique.com/eliasson-et-aribi-sont-nimois/

But, just to make him feel at home, they did take him up to their roof.

Le Nîmes Olympique a annoncé avoir fait signer le milieu gauche suédois de Bristol (D 2 anglaise), Niclas Eliasson, et l'attaquant de pointe algérien de l'Étoile du Sahel (D 1 tunisienne), Karim Aribi.

02 octobre 2020 à 23h29
partager

ADVERTISING

Le club gardois a annoncé avoir fait signer le milieu gauche suédois de Bristol (D 2 anglaise), Niclas Eliasson (24 ans), et l'athlétique (1,92 m.) attaquant de pointe algérien de l'Étoile du Sahel (D 1 tunisienne), Karim Aribi (26 ans). Ils se sont engagés respectivement pour quatre et trois saisons.

This link might help!

https://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Transferts-niclas-eliasson-bristol-et-karim-aribi-etoile-du-sahel-ont-signe-a-nimes/1179054

Selon Le Midi Libre, Eliasson aurait coûté plus de trois millions d'euros, contre un pour Aribi, et les deux joueurs qualifiés pourraient être du derby à Montpellier dimanche (13 heures).

Sorry to see him go, could have become a legend with proper management. Basically an epitaph to LJ - most promising midfielder for a very long time, proven stats and a former head coach with his head so far up his ..........

enough! The pretender is gone, his understudy seems to have his feet on the ground!

looking forward COYR! 

not claiming to be right - but LJ    Is still unemployed! 
took loads of stick for it - but was I wrong? Only time will tell!

6 minutes ago, dave36 said:

Sorry to see him go, could have become a legend with proper management. Basically an epitaph to LJ - most promising midfielder for a very long time, proven stats and a former head coach with his head so far up his ..........

enough! The pretender is gone, his understudy seems to have his feet on the ground!

looking forward COYR! 

not claiming to be right - but LJ    Is still unemployed! 
took loads of stick for it - but was I wrong? Only time will tell!

So is Chris Hughton! :whistle:

Archived