IGNORED

Eliasson - Departure confirmed

Lew-T

6 hours ago, GrahamC said:

If you ever get the chance to view his opening to a TV show in the same series where a space rocket takes off in the distance whilst he does a piece to camera, take it, it is just mind blowing.

Indeed it is but haven't seen it in years.

Burke was a truly exceptional presenter which utterly beggars belief as to why he disappeared into obscurity allowing a generation of boring, ignorant chancers to prattle on about subject they know or care little about?

My kids make fun as, to this day, I watch NASA TV following the latest launches and landings and that owes everything to the extraordinary coverage Burke and his cohort provided of unbelievable events.

12 minutes ago, bris red said:

Still don’t think we ever saw the best of him in a BCFC shirt. What was the fee we got does anyone know?

3.5m allegedly.

Or 2.7m allegedly.

No one knows (even though they think they do).

Best for all concerned.

The biggest truth in football is the best eleven players don’t make the best team. And even if you’d have Nic in our best eleven, he wasn’t in our best team. To get him in the side LJ had to make the collective weaker, and I didn’t think the gain from Nic outweighed the overall loss.

Despite the crossing ability, I felt he was more bad than good. Positionally very naive and didn’t improve on that. I know people point to the tackles but that’s a function of being in a bad position to start with.

Natural ability wise there was a lot there, but I don’t think Nic ever developed the football intelligence needed. He may in future, and I wish him well, but man cannot live on crosses alone.

10 minutes ago, maxjak said:

As the major states........we don't use wingers in our formation, so why would we spend money on a winger to just sit on the bench?

Because we will need various options throughout the season, we offered him a new deal so obviously see a need for flexibility. I'll be surprised if we don't bring a wide player in before the deadline(s) end, especially if we ship a couple of central midfielders out as well.

Shame for everyone except Nimes really. I think we have mismanaged a 15-20million asset down to whatever we've ended up getting by not playing him regularly enough.

A great number of assists last season up there with Pereira at WBA but for whatever reason has had to take a sideways at best move when he should have been looking higher.

12 minutes ago, bris red said:

Who are Nimes by the way? They seem like a fairly small outfit.. I’m assuming Eliasson see’s them as a stepping stone to a bigger European club or a move to the Prem if he ha a good season or two in Ligue 1?

Nimes finished 18th last season just avoiding relegation to ligue 2 not exactly the biggest club in France. 

But at the same time he is playing at the top level so if he performs well Sweden will come calling. 

Fantastic player for us will miss his million step overs before whipping the ball into the box. 

21 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

3.5m allegedly.

Or 2.7m allegedly.

No one knows (even though they think they do).

Being widely reported in the French sports media as 2.5m euros, £2.25m.

Pretty unanimous over on that side of the Channel that this was the fee.

Just now, BetterRedthenBlue said:

Nimes finished 18th last season just avoiding relegation to ligue 2 not exactly the biggest club in France. 

But at the same time he is playing at the top level so if he performs well Sweden will come calling. 

Fantastic player for us will miss his million step overs before whipping the ball into the box. 

This is what I’m thinking. Playing week in week out at the highest level in France is surely a no brainer than being a bit part player in the second tier in England. Makes sense from his point of view.

Just now, GrahamC said:

Being widely reported in the French sports media as 2.5m euros, £2.25m.

Pretty unanimous over on that side of the Channel that this was the fee.

Undisclosed.

I'd be surprised if it was as low as 2.25m - yes, contract running out, financial situation, etc etc., but I really can't see it personally. And until an official source confirms it, I'll dismiss it :)

7 minutes ago, Wade Wilson said:

Not too happy tbh, easily one of our best and most talented players. I feel we’re gonna regret this one. 

We mismanaged and underused him the entire time he was here and sold him for pretty much what we bought him for. 

travis fimmel ragnar lothbrok GIF

With a year left that’s bloody good business,we all knew he had talent but he just was hit and miss,there is a reason no team in this country has bought him that cheap and that’s because he’s not the good 

2 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Undisclosed.

I'd be surprised if it was as low as 2.25m - yes, contract running out, financial situation, etc etc., but I really can't see it personally. And until an official source confirms it, I'll dismiss it :)

Your privilege.

The French sports media are very good & there is absolutely no reason at all to doubt what numerous sources in France are reporting.

Whoever the buying club was had us over a barrel, once the window closed on Monday we wouldn’t have got a fee for him at all.

5 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

With a year left that’s bloody good business,we all knew he had talent but he just was hit and miss,there is a reason no team in this country has bought him that cheap and that’s because he’s not the good 

How does a player who’s “not that good” get the 3rd highest amount of assists in the league? He’s a winger, it’s his primary job to assist goals and he did. With a minutes/assist ratio far better than that of the players above him. 

Just now, Wade Wilson said:

How does a player who’s “not that good” get the 3rd highest amount of assists in the league? He’s a winger, it’s his primary job to assist goals and he did. With a minutes/assist ratio far better than that of the players above him. 

You tell me because you obviously no more than most managers in this country who would of looked at him and thought nah not worth 2 million 

Archived