IGNORED

Eliasson - Departure confirmed

Lew-T

1 minute ago, BetterRedthenBlue said:

I think Ashton needs to work his magic and turn it into £30m... Sorry using gas logic there. 

I think £2.7m is a good starting point but if we can get it to £4-5m using add ons (he makes x amount of appearances for Sweden we get x etc) then it would probably benefit both parties as Fenerbache won't have to shell out all of that money at once and we know we'll make a bit of bank in the future as well from him. 

Not sure MA will find Fenerbahce quite as easy to negotiate with compared to the likes of Peterborough or even the Prem clubs we have recently dealt with i.e. Brighton, Burnley etc, that being said he hasn't let us down in term so ftransfer dealings to date so lets hope he pulls the rabbit out the hat again!

The player holds all the cards, he may have no intention of going to Turkey or Scotland. He may wish to stay in England, his agent may know of a club that has already offered a huge signing on fee just to sit out his contract and join them next year. We can accept a fee from any interested club but the player could ask for astronomical wages knowing it ain't going to happen.

26 minutes ago, Dolman_Stand said:

Not sure MA will find Fenerbahce quite as easy to negotiate with compared to the likes of Peterborough or even the Prem clubs we have recently dealt with i.e. Brighton, Burnley etc, that being said he hasn't let us down in term so ftransfer dealings to date so lets hope he pulls the rabbit out the hat again!

I agree re Fenerbahce.

With Celtic interested as well (allegedly) and 2.7m now being the starting point, I see no reason why that should be regarded as the final price regardless of contract length. 

Considering Lennon favours a 4-2-3-1, I think Eliasson would tear up the SPL on the flanks of those three behind the striker. For £2.7m, he'd be a steal. I'd accept that with a 30% sell-on fee on any profit. Three months tomorrow, he can sign a deal to walk away for nothing in July, so time is of the essence. 

6 minutes ago, tin said:

Considering Lennon favours a 4-2-3-1, I think Eliasson would tear up the SPL on the flanks of those three behind the striker. For £2.7m, he'd be a steal. I'd accept that with a 30% sell-on fee on any profit. Three months tomorrow, he can sign a deal to walk away for nothing in July, so time is of the essence. 

Celtic have predominantly played a 352 since January in fairness. If they went back to a 4231 it would certainly suit him better and I think he'd do well, but they may have some concerns about whether he'd be effective enough in a wingback role (a concern most of us share I think).

If you take into account that Celtic are much stronger than their usual opposition and spend a lot of time attacking, they might decide to take a gamble on him in that position anyway and see what they can work with.

1 hour ago, And Its Smith said:

Yep!

Agreed! ?

37 minutes ago, tin said:

Just to clarify pre-contract.  He can only agree a pre-contract on 1st January for clubs outside of the FA.  Obviously in Eliasson’s case both Celtic and Fenerbahce are.  But he couldn’t sign a pre-contract with an English club until 1st June.

With the strength in depth currently at our disposal, I would be open to selling both Eliasson and Fam. Add in O'Dowda as well as I can't see how he gets into our squad. You would hope we would have in the region of £8m incoming from these 3. 

The contract situation has dragged on for some time now. keeping them past the end of this window isnt a risk worth taking as we could lose both for free at the end of the season. I don't think we would need to replace them either with the way our squad currently looks.  

I would be happy to bank the profit and look to spend in January. If we are in the mix for top 6 in January, then we could be in a great position financially to add 1-2 players of good quality for a final push in the second half of the season. 

17 minutes ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

With the strength in depth currently at our disposal, I would be open to selling both Eliasson and Fam. Add in O'Dowda as well as I can't see how he gets into our squad. You would hope we would have in the region of £8m incoming from these 3. 

The contract situation has dragged on for some time now. keeping them past the end of this window isnt a risk worth taking as we could lose both for free at the end of the season. I don't think we would need to replace them either with the way our squad currently looks.  

I would be happy to bank the profit and look to spend in January. If we are in the mix for top 6 in January, then we could be in a great position financially to add 1-2 players of good quality for a final push in the second half of the season. 

My thoughts are that any money we make from transfers are there to cover a portion of the huge losses we will make this season.

27 minutes ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

I guess the issue with paragraph one is that you have to have someone willing to pay for those players? It’s easy to say that they could make us £8m but how long have Diedhiou & Eliasson in particular been touted about & with very little sign of any real interest let alone bids (Twitter rumours don’t count). And O’Dowda, while many on here in particular don’t see any value in him playing wise, there must be a reason why we wanted to tie him down to a new contract & that he keeps getting picked to start for Ireland, surely they aren’t so short on players that that’s the only reason he starts for them, I assume they see some footballing ability in him?

Many would of been happy to see Weimann moved on a month or so ago because he was classed as not good enough, I’d suggest he’s not actually doing too bad at the moment?

We are going to need a squad this season, especially if we really have any ambitions of trying to get promoted & yes I’d agree with allowing Eliasson & Diedhiou go if there are acceptable bids made because of their contract situations, I wouldn’t be disappointed to see them stay & contribute towards our end goal if all we’re being offered £1m for each (which is easy for me to say when that £1m isn’t my money).

14 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

Agree, i dont know what our monthly wage bill is, but a few million coming in should help cover it for a month or 2

Cash flow isn’t an issue with SL....it’s staying within FFP.  We are on track to lose £25m (and some with covid impact) a season as it currently stands.  That’s why we need to sell.

12 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Cash flow isn’t an issue with SL....it’s staying within FFP.  We are on track to lose £25m (and some with covid impact) a season as it currently stands.  That’s why we need to sell.

Getting promoted would help :w00t:

1 hour ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

Can't see O'Dowda and Eliasson both leaving, it leaves us with no wingers whatsover and no flexibility to change things if we need to. Eliasson, Fam and a couple of midfielders should bank us smwhere near £10m to do as you suggest in January which is only a couple of months after the deadline closes.

9 minutes ago, Dolman_Stand said:

Can't see O'Dowda and Eliasson both leaving, it leaves us with no wingers whatsover and no flexibility to change things if we need to. Eliasson, Fam and a couple of midfielders should bank us smwhere near £10m to do as you suggest in January which is only a couple of months after the deadline closes.

Semenyo, Weimann , Pato , Rowe , Chris Brunt can all play on the wings

46 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Is FFP relevant this season as every club is going make a massive loss? Im surprised there hasn’t been an announcement about some relaxation in the rules, or have I missed it ? 

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Makes you wonder why some of the signings were sanctioned.... mawson i get, but people like gilmartin are blagging a salary.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

My thoughts are that any money we make from transfers are there to cover a portion of the huge losses we will make this season.

To be honest, I struggle to see areas where I want us to strengthen our squad anyway. At the moment it feels we've got too many players and a lot of people are unlucky to be left out. 

Just now, Simon bristol said:

Makes you wonder why some of the signings were sanctioned.... mawson i get, but people like gilmartin are blagging a salary.

I doubt Gilmartin is blagging much of a salary and it sounds like he was primarily signed for character in the squad and coaching skills. 

1 minute ago, LondonBristolian said:

To be honest, I struggle to see areas where I want us to strengthen our squad anyway. At the moment it feels we've got too many players and a lot of people are unlucky to be left out. 

I doubt Gilmartin is blagging much of a salary and it sounds like he was primarily signed for character in the squad and coaching skills. 

Character in the squad is a basis for a salary? Weve got a list as long as my arm of people who have blagged a salary. Watkins and szmodics are 2 who we have moved out, the last 5 years i dread to think about

33 minutes ago, RedRoss said:

I know that I was just responding to the poster who said we've got no winger options to change up the system if we have to if we sold O'Dowda and Elliasson

Ah ok. Can’t see him switching to 4 at the back at all unless perhaps we have  a player sent off personally , even then I don’t think he’d go with wingers 

1 minute ago, steviestevieneville said:

Ah ok. Can’t see him switching to 4 at the back at all unless perhaps we have  a player sent off personally , even then I don’t think he’d go with wingers 

I agree and I'm glad we're sticking to a system rather than chopping or changing all the time. 

Archived