IGNORED

Season Card / Streaming update

man in the middle

The EFL have reached a ground-breaking deal with Sky Sports that will enable clubs in all three divisions to stream every match next season live on their websites.

Season-ticket holders will get access to their side's home matches free of charge and more casual fans will be able to watch every game — including Saturday 3pm kick-offs for the first time — for a fee of around £10.

35 minutes ago, man in the middle said:

The EFL have reached a ground-breaking deal with Sky Sports that will enable clubs in all three divisions to stream every match next season live on their websites.

Season-ticket holders will get access to their side's home matches free of charge and more casual fans will be able to watch every game — including Saturday 3pm kick-offs for the first time — for a fee of around £10.

I guess we're all 'Armchair Fans', until the Government allow us to attend matches.

5 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Apologies if I have missed this but will season ticket holders have access to all games including those away and cup matches  in the coming season? 

Yes, I noticed the “home” bit in that statement. The only thing that made keeping my season ticket sensible was access to “all” games, if I don’t get that then I might as well get my money back and pay £10 per match.

3 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Apologies if I have missed this but will season ticket holders have access to all games including those away and cup matches  in the coming season? 

Clubs have the permission to stream all games excluding games selected for Sky tv. Nothing said regarding if away games can be watched, but if there covered by Robins tv I can’t see why not?

I presume this means we will be able to watch home and away as we did at the end of the season until such time as we are allowed back in should we wish to or have a refund on our STs pro rata on a game by game basis should we prefer that as an option.

At least the EFL are being proactive on this and I guess clubs will start to announce the available options for ST holders in the next few days.

3 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Yes, I noticed the “home” bit in that statement. The only thing that made keeping my season ticket sensible was access to “all” games, if I don’t get that then I might as well get my money back and pay £10 per match.

It`s a no brainer if it is only home games even for those of us in the SS which are the cheapest STs. I can`t see it not being away games otherwise the admin would be a nightmare and very costly with refunding STs and then reprocessing individual match payments.

1 minute ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

It`s a no brainer if it is only home games even for those of us in the SS which are the cheapest STs. I can`t see it not being away games otherwise the admin would be a nightmare and very costly with refunding STs and then reprocessing individual match payments.

I hope it’s just poorly worded, I don’t want to take money out of the club, and to be honest it’s easier to justify watching games every week if I tell my good lady that I have already paid for them. :)

7 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I hope it’s just poorly worded, I don’t want to take money out of the club, and to be honest it’s easier to justify watching games every week if I tell my good lady that I have already paid for them. :)

Surely if all Home games are streamed, that means all games are streamed - we just wouldn't be providing the stream for other clubs home games and just tap into their stream, and visa versa. 

So yes, I'd be amazed if ALL games (League. Cup may be different) we included, for now. 

If they attempt to charge £10 a game for an entire season they can F right Off. (Obviously no details are out yet.)

£460 for Robins TV when an Adult season ticket in the Dolman (wings + renewing) is £440. (Yes 23 games vs 46 though.)

Nah, not for me.

Would you pay £460?

What do you all think is a reasonable amount to pay for the entire season?

I'll pay £200 and I'm happy to lose the "value" of the commentators, Downsy and any form of attempted "entertainment" surrounding each match in exchange.

15 minutes ago, Prinny said:

If they attempt to charge £10 a game for an entire season they can F right Off. (Obviously no details are out yet.)

£460 for Robins TV when an Adult season ticket in the Dolman (wings + renewing) is £440. (Yes 23 games vs 46 though.)

Nah, not for me.

Would you pay £460?

I'll pay £200 and I'm happy to lose the "value" of the commentators, Downsy and any form of attempted "entertainment" surrounding each match in exchange.

I think that’s a fair amount for a home stream season ticket 

3 minutes ago, man in the middle said:

I think that’s a fair amount for a home stream season ticket 

If that’s what it is, judging by the way others are reading it, it’s for all the games. 
Again, if the club starts offering “streaming season tickets”, I will be weighing up the value of those against what I have already paid.

25 minutes ago, Prinny said:

Nah, not for me.

Would you pay £460?

If you are the type of fan that goes to every game, home and away, £460 is surely a bargain? 
If you factor in travel costs and subsistence, you would be spending around double that most seasons I would think.

It’s a nightmare for all, club & us fans.

What happens in the autumn when limited numbers might be allowed in the stadium. The mooted gate, to allow for distancing, is  seat free in front, side, and behind, therefore would be perhaps 6k. 
So as ST holder you might be able every other game, if you had a mind to attend. 
Rationale if you can attend, will you still have access to a Robins TV  as well ?
All ifs and buts, and wait and see, but plans must be in place for gradual return. 

As a season ticket you weigh all this up considering your own best option. Robins TV was uninspiring , like football in general without crowds.

6 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

If you are the type of fan that goes to every game, home and away, £460 is surely a bargain? 
If you factor in travel costs and subsistence, you would be spending around double that most seasons I would think.

Yes if you get the same out of watching a game on TV as going to the ground it is a bargain. Do you?

I happen to, (and suspect others will) value the two things differently from each other. And I'm interested in seeing if so and how much so.

5 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

I know this is a novel suggestion, but maybe people should wait to see what the club say before getting menstrual about it?

What does "getting menstrual about it" mean?

12 minutes ago, DT The Optimist said:

It’s a nightmare for all, club & us fans.

What happens in the autumn when limited numbers might be allowed in the stadium. The mooted gate, to allow for distancing, is  seat free in front, side, and behind, therefore would be perhaps 6k. 
So as ST holder you might be able every other game, if you had a mind to attend. 
Rationale if you can attend, will you still have access to a Robins TV  as well ?
All ifs and buts, and wait and see, but plans must be in place for gradual return. 

As a season ticket you weigh all this up considering your own best option. Robins TV was uninspiring , like football in general without crowds.

I think it will be less than that, otherwise how do you cater for those sat in the middle of rows who are invariably last minute.com, Mr Thirsty, pieman and Captain Slackbladder.

56 minutes ago, Prinny said:

Yes if you get the same out of watching a game on TV as going to the ground it is a bargain. Do you?

I happen to, (and suspect others will) value the two things differently from each other. And I'm interested in seeing if so and how much so.

Yes going to games will have a higher value for many (including me), but the reality seems to be that this is not an option for the foreseeable future and nothing to do with the club.

They still need to generate some income, and it will be a small percentage of what they get from getting fans in the ground. If you don’t want to pay £460, then buy the cheapest season ticket available, or pick and choose the games you want to watch. 
Also, it’s worth remembering that it’s £10 for a viewing, there is no limit for how many you gather safely together to watch it.

• Admin
19 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

I know this is a novel suggestion, but maybe people should wait to see what the club say before getting menstrual about it?

Exactly this ⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️

We had this meltdown before 

One thing I would point out, we only paid for a season ticket with Bristol City so in reality we should only be getting coverage of home games.

Anything else is a bonus 

6 minutes ago, Prinny said:

What does "getting menstrual about it" mean?

I fall into two camps.

• being able to watch the full 90 minutes of an away game on a totally reliable feed is fantastic.  As someone who probably did one away game a season, it’s so much better than a dodgy stream over Facebook, or Radio (although enjoy Owers) or just getting social media updates (and getting told off by Mrs Fevs for constantly checking my phone).  Believe it or not, I commented less on OTIB after an away game because I’d not watched the game.
  • home games via Robinstv is just not the same as being at the ground.  But I miss being able to see the whole pitch, the subtle system changes, etc.

1 minute ago, phantom said:

Exactly this ⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️

We had this meltdown before 

One thing I would point out, we only paid for a season ticket with Bristol City so in reality we should only be getting coverage of home games.

Anything else is a bonus 

100% agree and I guess the problem is the pay per game price point allows non season ticket holders to watch the season cheaper. So maybe the pay per game price needs to be higher to give season ticket holders the perceived value they expect.

Archived