IGNORED

Season Card / Streaming update

man in the middle

Its going to be a tricky one to work out for clubs. 

The 9 post lockdown games last season, 2 were on Sky, 1 I wasn't able to watch which left 6 on RTV. Which for the 5 home games I was due back worked out at nearly £20 a game

I pay £529 for my season card, £23 per game. Mostly I'm keeping my card so I can be there at the match. The rest I'll pay a tenner as and when and really would like a refund for the rest.

10 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I fall into two camps.

• being able to watch the full 90 minutes of an away game on a totally reliable feed is fantastic.  As someone who probably did one away game a season, it’s so much better than a dodgy stream over Facebook, or Radio (although enjoy Owers) or just getting social media updates 

Indeed the best  scenario (for me)  was Radio Bristol (and the likes of Gary Owers and Chris Honar who i enjoyed) as the commentary, and on screen the Robins TV.  

That plan went out the window very early on with the wretched time lapse of robins TV being 2 or 3 seconds ( might have been 5 secs) behind real time. 

16 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Not sure why people are complaining about £10 a game.  How many of us watch football on our own.  In our case it costs £3.30 each for 3 of us to watch together 

A tenner is fine but offering it as an alternative to a £23 per game season card, not so much

28 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

A tenner is fine but offering it as an alternative to a £23 per game season card, not so much

I'm trying to work out the value. 

Season card is about 580 (tbf not 100 % sure) = £25 per home game

add the availability of away games                    = £12 comes down to per game

Say Sky show us 5 times over the season        = £14 P/G. if you already pay for Sky/Virgin etc.

Robins TV                                                             = £10 P/G

Robins TV per month £15 ,if they keep that       = £2.50. I would think they will change this, or stop the monthly fee

Seasonal  £110  again, if it doesn't change        = £2.50  as above

They really need to try and come up with something fair for all. You add in to the equation all those affected by COVID etc, whether, job losses, reduced wage or whatever, there are a lot of decisions to be made.

5 minutes ago, westonred said:

Before Covid BCTV  Live video pass was £12.50 per month or £110 annually for fans watching abroad how can they justify over £500 a season now ? 

As I posted on another thread before, at worst it needs to be a flat rate for all. Sky don't come round for an  install and say, 'Oh, nice house. We'll bump your package price up by £50 per month.'

I'll wait to see what they come up with, but they ought to know they're on thin ice with some of us: John Lansdown is probably smashing the heels of his size 12 cubans down, saying 'offer looks fine to me. signed off.'

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It’s less about increasing income streams, but reducing refund streams!!!

That reminds me, I went past the Lansdown Stand today and noticed Colliter's Brook is getting a bit overgrown in places. Does Mark Ashon have wellies and a pair of loppers?

2 hours ago, Prinny said:

If they attempt to charge £10 a game for an entire season they can F right Off. (Obviously no details are out yet.)

£460 for Robins TV when an Adult season ticket in the Dolman (wings + renewing) is £440. (Yes 23 games vs 46 though.)

Nah, not for me.

Would you pay £460?

What do you all think is a reasonable amount to pay for the entire season?

I'll pay £200 and I'm happy to lose the "value" of the commentators, Downsy and any form of attempted "entertainment" surrounding each match in exchange.

I’d pay a few extra quid to get rid of Downsy. Maybe I should start a crowdfunder. 

39 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I'm trying to work out the value. 

Season card is about 580 (tbf not 100 % sure) = £25 per home game

add the availability of away games                    = £12 comes down to per game

Say Sky show us 5 times over the season        = £14 P/G. if you already pay for Sky/Virgin etc.

Robins TV                                                             = £10 P/G

Robins TV per month £15 ,if they keep that       = £2.50. I would think they will change this, or stop the monthly fee

Seasonal  £110  again, if it doesn't change        = £2.50  as above

They really need to try and come up with something fair for all. You add in to the equation all those affected by COVID etc, whether, job losses, reduced wage or whatever, there are a lot of decisions to be made.

I have a South Stand card so £355? I have never had, (never will have Sky) and rarely go to away games. As long as the away games are included as well I am happy.

2 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

I’d pay a few extra quid to get rid of Downsy. Maybe I should start a crowdfunder. 

And the prize for the most irrelevant post goes to.............

2 hours ago, DT The Optimist said:

It’s a nightmare for all, club & us fans.

What happens in the autumn when limited numbers might be allowed in the stadium. The mooted gate, to allow for distancing, is  seat free in front, side, and behind, therefore would be perhaps 6k. 
So as ST holder you might be able every other game, if you had a mind to attend. 
Rationale if you can attend, will you still have access to a Robins TV  as well ?
All ifs and buts, and wait and see, but plans must be in place for gradual return. 

As a season ticket you weigh all this up considering your own best option. Robins TV was uninspiring , like football in general without crowds.

All spot on.

Until we know what the club plans it seems bizarre to be jumping up & down like some on this thread, though.

For what it is worth I thought the picture quality was better than I expected & as someone who very rarely sees an away game, the opportunity to see them all was welcome.

The commentators are truly awful though & I avoid the build up completely, though Lisa Knights & the couple of players they had on (Moore & Morrell) were professional & much better.

This is a pandemic FFS, much of which is clearly beyond the club’s (& indeed football’s) control & evidently the planning for even small numbers to return at a point in the future is going to be very problematic.

1 minute ago, Port Said Red said:

I have a South Stand card so £355? I have never had, (never will have Sky) and rarely go to away games. As long as the away games are included as well I am happy.

This highlights how one offer is fine for some but doesn't suit all. 

Different price season cards, Sky tv subscribers or not, able and happy to go to restricted capacity matches or not.......

I was a member for the last 4 seasons (not a season ticket holder as I can’t get to enough games) and I was slightly pissed off that there was no discount for members whatsoever. I just had to pay my £10 same as anyone else and watch my membership run down. 
Needless to say I won’t be renewing my membership this season - what’s the point?

I WILL be paying to watch the games though - I’m not saying £10 per game is a bad deal, just that it made my membership worthless. 

4 minutes ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

I was a member for the last 4 seasons (not a season ticket holder as I can’t get to enough games) and I was slightly pissed off that there was no discount for members whatsoever. I just had to pay my £10 same as anyone else and watch my membership run down. 
Needless to say I won’t be renewing my membership this season - what’s the point?

I WILL be paying to watch the games though - I’m not saying £10 per game is a bad deal, just that it made my membership worthless. 

If you've broke even on the savings you've made against standard ticket prices I'm not sure last seasons membership was made worthless. I do agree that next seasons membership seems worthless given the present climate - I hope they aren't offering this yet.

44 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Which makes my point even more. £5 less per game, or because I have Sky I potentially pay double. I know it's difficult for the club to put something in place for everyone, but that does not seem remotely fair. Let's not forget, there are ticket prices much higher than mine.

As I said decisions to be made.

Says home games free for season ticket holders, and a tenner a game.

Would guess its just that.

If City are playing Stoke at the Gate, home season ticket holders tune in as per last season, Stoke fans pay City a tenner for their access code.

For most of us, we pay more than a tenner a game on a season ticket, so I would guess City will look at the difference between what you've paid and what you can do with the balance.

Donate, refund, discount to that value on an away stream, stadium/shop credit etc...

As someone else said, let's wait and see what they come up with.

43 minutes ago, man in the middle said:

Interesting to see what the club come up with. I’m hoping for a refund and then I’ll just pay as I go through Robins tv

You will miss out on any games chosen for live broadcast on Sky but (for us legal only streamers) you can get a nowtv daypass for £9.99 (maybe cheaper) so I don't see much of an upside of not opting for a refund, and controlling things yourself. Surely they must have to do something about away games otherwise I'll be abroad every other week and constantly in quarantine.

(Legalities aside) this almost makes me think a refund might not be on offer.

6 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

You will miss out on any games chosen for live broadcast on Sky but (for us legal only streamers) you can get a nowtv daypass for £9.99 (maybe cheaper) so I don't see much of an upside of not opting for a refund, and controlling things yourself. Surely they must have to do something about away games otherwise I'll be abroad every other week and constantly in quarantine.

(Legalities aside) this almost makes me think a refund might not be on offer.

Us foreigners will pay more and we are happy to but we demand to be able to watch Sky games

I think a heck of a lot of people will:

If 6 people normally meet up and go - 5 will cancel their season cards, and all go to the 6th persons man-cave after a few down the pub and watch it together.

Whatever they decide it needs to be so affordable that people don't do the above.

If they charge £250 then I'm sure 5 people will chip in £50 each and enjoy the pub, fish and chips and a few £1 cans at the designated watching house.....

2 minutes ago, SX227 said:

I think a heck of a lot of people will:

If 6 people normally meet up and go - 5 will cancel their season cards, and all go to the 6th persons man-cave after a few down the pub and watch it together.

Whatever they decide it needs to be so affordable that people don't do the above.

If they charge £250 then I'm sure 5 people will chip in £50 each and enjoy the pub, fish and chips and a few £1 cans at the designated watching house.....

Trust you lot will ship in for me rising the price 

Archived