IGNORED

Season Card / Streaming update

man in the middle

On 22/08/2020 at 08:44, Prinny said:

If they attempt to charge £10 a game for an entire season they can F right Off. (Obviously no details are out yet.)

£460 for Robins TV when an Adult season ticket in the Dolman (wings + renewing) is £440. (Yes 23 games vs 46 though.)

Nah, not for me.

Would you pay £460?

What do you all think is a reasonable amount to pay for the entire season?

I'll pay £200 and I'm happy to lose the "value" of the commentators, Downsy and any form of attempted "entertainment" surrounding each match in exchange.

I get what you are saying, but on the flip side, if there are multiple people in the household that are season ticket holders then that price is quite cheap.  Then you also have a choice of what matches you may or maynot want to pay to watch. 

Just now, westonred said:

Yes but we have already paid for a season ticket at the higher price so are we likely getting a refund then ?

What it says is that:

- For a STH package, you get all home games and midweek away games

- For a non STH, it’s £10 a game for any of the above

And away weekend games excluded from the STH package, but may be available at additional cost

1 minute ago, Silvio Dante said:

What it says is that:

- For a STH package, you get all home games and midweek away games

- For a non STH, it’s £10 a game for any of the above

And away weekend games excluded from the STH package, but may be available at additional cost

Yes i read that and we are entitled to stream 32 matches for the price of our season ticket mine was £554.10 so that makes each stream cost £17.30 

3 minutes ago, westonred said:

Yes i read that and we are entitled to stream 32 matches for the price of our season ticket mine was £554.10 so that makes each stream cost £17.30 

Correct mate - I think phants read it wrong as his note was suggesting as STH we pay £10 a game - we might for the residual 14, but the 32 are included

1 hour ago, Northern Red said:

The key bit:

Thanks, that’s the important bit....and it’s now up to City to say whether they’ll include away midweek games.  Would Coventry on Easter Monday be classed as weekend?  One game doesn’t make much of a difference so ignore that for now.

43 minutes ago, westonred said:

So we can stream 32 matches,  Sat home games and Midweek away at a cost of £17.30 per game *

* Based on season ticket price of £554,10

These figures don't stack up you might as well cancel your ST £554.10

Purchase 32 match day passes @ £10 = £320 saving yourself £234.10

Yes, that’s the big dilemma for the club.  In your situation, I’d expect a streaming pass and a pro-rate refund.

5 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

Presumably we can buy a £10 pass to watch the weekend away matches ?  If not via BCTV then by visiting the home club's website and opening an account and buying the game there.

I suspect Robinstv will be able to sell it, but money will go to away side.

Without going into the details of individual circumstances, Sky have been pretty good here in the basic offering to clubs.

Lets see what club come up with.

• Admin
21 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Correct mate - I think phants read it wrong as his note was suggesting as STH we pay £10 a game - we might for the residual 14, but the 32 are included

Yeah, I misread the post

Let's hope the club pay us the difference between the two.

Seems odd we have all paid different amounts dependent on our seats, yet all getting the same coverage

4 minutes ago, phantom said:

Yeah, I misread the post

Let's hope the club pay us the difference between the two.

Seems odd we have all paid different amounts dependent on our seats, yet all getting the same coverage

It's a difficult situation, the 32 games are now valued at £320, most will have paid more than this. If the club refund the difference and the fans are allowed back at some point then the club will lose as they will have reduced your S/T to £10/game rather than the original cost. Most likely is that they will refund in blocks or month by month until they know what's happening.  Clearly they would like to keep the money so expect some kind of offer in lieu.......free shirt, food & drink credit to be redeemed when the stadium opens etc. etc

I'm sure Jon Lansdown will sort this out quickly and fairly.

Of course, they could do something REALLY radical.

Default, you get a season of streaming at a fixed price, with all season tickets effectively 'cancelled' we then get to apply for match tickets on a game by game basis, using either the balance on your account, or paying the difference between what your balance is and the cost of a match ticket.

Refunds for those who need them.

Here’s what I’d like to see:

Option One: Refunds offered on a pro rata basis based on the 23 home games until AG open to all STH. STH retains seat but has option to buy individual games back at £10 per game for TV coverage. Away games must be purchased. Season ticket remains “valid” for year and refunds will not be given when full attendances available

Option Two: No refund offered and full TV coverage of 32 games. STH is given priority access (above group one) to attend games when crowds allowed back in.

Option Three: Full, up front refund. STH options “lost”

22 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Option One: Refunds offered on a pro rata basis based on the 23 home games until AG open to all STH. STH retains seat but has option to buy individual games back at £10 per game for TV coverage. Away games must be purchased. Season ticket remains “valid” for year and refunds will not be given when full attendances available

Option Two: No refund offered and full TV coverage of 32 games. STH is given priority access (above group one) to attend games when crowds allowed back in.

Spot on Silvo!

I await the exact same options from the club...

39 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Was a reason given why clubs can't include weekend away games?

I guess they are trying to create an away game income stream (for the home team).  I see some sense in this.  I think clubs are gonna project how many additional Saturday £10 streams they can sell, and factor that against what they might lose if they have to refund too many.

21 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Possibly a variant of option three....refund as a credit to retain SC benefits for 21/22.

There is something else to bring into the mix.

I was looking on Exeter’s website the other day and they’ve put match day tickets up (for when fans attend) by £1 or £2 across the board to help account for lost COVID income.

I’d guess when fans return (non STH) many clubs may do the same.

2 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

I think those options look fair. I wouldn’t personally consider Option 2 to be very good value, as I certainly won’t watch all the available games on TV. But others might, and could consider the price decent value even if they have a more expensive SC, to get the priority when crowds return.

What are the STH options that are lost for Option 3? Presumably no automatic right to your seat next season and no early bird prices? It looks like the £10 TV option can be made available to anyone - perhaps including away games, so SC holders wouldn’t lose out there, if I’ve understood it properly. 

Again, though, Option 3 seems fair: you can’t expect to take a full refund and get any of the benefits of buying. It might not be bad PR for the club, though, to give something back to those who choose a refund: early bird prices for 21/22, maybe.

9 minutes ago, lager loud said:

I think those options look fair. I wouldn’t personally consider Option 2 to be very good value, as I certainly won’t watch all the available games on TV. But others might, and could consider the price decent value even if they have a more expensive SC, to get the priority when crowds return.

I think that’s where I’m coming from. If we work on the basis of some STH being back in October, that’s a miss of two home games. I’d “buy them back” anyway so my loss (other than the kids ST) is about £20-£30. I’d be happy to take that as a cost in order to get back in.

What are the STH options that are lost for Option 3? Presumably no automatic right to your seat next season and no early bird prices? It looks like the £10 TV option can be made available to anyone - perhaps including away games, so SC holders wouldn’t lose out there, if I’ve understood it properly. 

Yep, seat lost etc. I did float before about allowing people the option to still have their seat reserved but if we did offer a per game refund option you have to “reward” the fans who are keeping money with the club for longer - and if people kept seat with full refund there’s no advantage in the pro rata option 

Again, though, Option 3 seems fair: you can’t expect to take a full refund and get any of the benefits of buying. It might not be bad PR for the club, though, to give something back to those who choose a refund: early bird prices for 21/22, maybe.

Not a bad shout. Maybe they retain membership (so in effect third priority) or similar. I can’t see though any club, if they offer a pro rata refund option, allowing people to take a full refund and keep their seat

Comments above - pretty much agree

Guarantee our club will link any refund at all into you choosing to opt out of being considered a season ticket holder - including renewal period & seat retention. 

If they mess people around now and force you to keep paying, the usual people will make noise around renewal about being disillusioned but will likely still renew. 

If there is a partial refund and a “you may come back in the ground sometime” then the club lose most money from this whilst supporters lose “nothing”. 

So the club will clearly put the risk of you being outcast to deter you from seeking any refund despite the complete imbalance of value for the streams. 

Couple of additional considerations to possibly complicate the proposals put forward above. 

People have paid vastly differing prices for season tickets. Central Lansdown might be nearly twice as much as South Stand wings for example. 
If (when) we’re allowed back in, I don’t believe there is going to be any guarantee that you’ll get to sit in ‘your’ seat. 

They’ll likely use the Atyeo too. So you might have someone who paid top whack for a seat behind the dugout middle tier having to sit in the lower corner of the Atyeo, if and when selected to return. 

So this potential scenario surely complicates the refund ‘per game’ option. Whilst you might only miss a couple of games, you might not get the seat you’d paid for, and it be an inferior seat, whilst someone else who paid half what you did might be up in the nice seats! 

If the distancing plans to return fans to the ground involve a process whereby you are allocated a seat & time of arrival, then they’d have to make sure all ST holders are charged the same price for their ST. 

My other point would be that, if any fans opt for a full refund, then of course they lose any existing benefits, but they should still be allowed to renew the same seat next season. We can’t have a situation where people have been in the same seats for years, located by their friends, having to take a refund because they’re not comfortable attending, but then losing the chance to renew the same seat next season. Their existing seat should still be reserved for them next season. 

I`m just glad I`m not having to sort this lot out!

As far as the weekend away games not being included is concerned that sounds like a tactic designed to give clubs a bit more revenue by forcing `away` fans to buy the coverage. As others have said, it`s bound to be available through City - they won`t want to make it too much of a faff as people won`t bother if they do.

6 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

I’d go for option 3 so I have full control 

1 hour ago, jaydee=inspiration said:

As I think someone said on page 4, just push all ST's over into 21-22 and then people can make their own minds up on what to do for upcoming season. Saves all the faffing about and will give the club some extra income to fight potential fires that may arise.

You’d need to give people the option of that - wouldn’t be able to just do it

6 minutes ago, Dolman_Stand said:

You would have thought they would have done it for a fiver given the tickets would have been cheaper for this tie anyway

Fair point regarding ticket prices totally agree. But with the no revenue of match day attendances I can see why they would charge a tenner . 

30 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Absolute shite, as a season ticket holder who has forked out over £500 in advance for games I won’t be able to see in person I would have thought throwing this in for free as a goodwill gesture was the minimum the club could have done.

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

Absolute shite, as a season ticket holder who has forked out over £500 in advance for games I won’t be able to see in person I would have thought throwing this in for feee as a goodwill gesture was the minimum the club could have done.

Same regarding season ticket be it a bit cheaper than what you pay . But the days of goodwill gestures have long gone 

Archived