IGNORED

Season Card / Streaming update

man in the middle

17 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I think the pricing has been set by EFL / Sky.

Correct - was announced in the EFL's article on streaming:

Carabao Cup Streaming

Round One Carabao Cup matches that are not selected for live broadcast by Sky Sports will also be eligible for Clubs to stream. These will only be available on a match pass basis at £10.

https://www.efl.com/news/2020/august/all-sky-bet-efl-matches-available-on-tv-or-online/

I think it's takling the p*ss  last seasons Annual Video pass for the season was £110 (for fans abroad) now the price to watch a game is £17.30 (for ST holders) and extra £10 a game for Saturday away fixtures. I appreciate clubs need to find lost revenue but hammering the Season ticket holders is nothing short of disgraceful 

3 minutes ago, westonred said:

I think it's takling the p*ss  last seasons Annual Video pass for the season was £110 (for fans abroad) now the price to watch a game is £17.30 (for ST holders) and extra £10 a game for Saturday away fixtures. I appreciate clubs need to find lost revenue but hammering the Season ticket holders is nothing short of disgraceful 

I must have missed the annoucement from the club. Can you link to it please?

2 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

The one where they've confirmed games will cost £17.30.

It’s a calculation based on ST cost. The point is that, unless there is a refund/ credit note, the Robins TV works out at poorer value for those in higher cost seats.

2 minutes ago, Chappers said:

It’s a calculation based on ST cost. The point is that, unless there is a refund/ credit note, the Robins TV works out at poorer value for those in higher cost seats.

Exactly it would be cheaper for people to cancel their ST's and purchase all 46 matches at £10 a game and still save yourself £90

3 minutes ago, westonred said:

I pay £554.10 for a season ticket which allows me to stream 32 matches Saturday home and midweek away so it works out at £17.30 per match

Until the club announce their pricing strategy, it’s speculative.  Their comms have sunk massively.  

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

I think the pricing has been set by EFL / Sky.

And it's only the first round games that have been released, with a decision being made on the remaining rounds at a later date.

46 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Until the club announce their pricing strategy, it’s speculative.  Their comms have sunk massively.  

Another nail in the coffin for the 'customer facing' side of the club: how much effort does it take to issue a holding statement?

1 hour ago, Chappers said:

Many perhaps miss the signal point that for many fans (6 of the 7 in my group,) STs are already a woeful value for money. Past few seasons we'd have been significantly better off had we POTD. Most years and before a ball is kicked, they've moved fixtures to dates we're unable to attend or put them on TV to which we already have access. Point being we hold STs for convenience. They guarantee we can sit together when we want and that's the premium we're prepared to pay. Ditto why we opt for the more expensive seats with better views. If this season's options cannot guarantee we may attend all those fixtures that permit crowds and that we may also be able to sit adjacent each other enjoying the better views (I can't see how this may be done,) then there's sod all reason in retaining our STs other than to gift the club money. Even where crowds are permitted I reckon they'll be limited in number with lower admittance than STs already purchased. Once ceded, I predict many of those STs given up will not be renewed in years to come.

Football needs to source a revised funding model.

• Admin
2 hours ago, AirlieBeachRed said:

Im a little confused, how much is it going to cost us abroad? Will we still have the monthly or annual options like previous seasons?

The simple answer is nobody knows for sure, all the above is just speculation 

The Exeter game has been confirmed as being streamed, £10 regardless of whether you’re a STH. Seems harsh on those of us who shelled out but we may have to accept they need what they can get in the current climate. I can’t miss our season opener so me and the old man will be tuning in. Quite looking forward to it tbh.

9 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

The Exeter game has been confirmed as being streamed, £10 regardless of whether you’re a STH. Seems harsh on those of us who shelled out but we may have to accept they need what they can get in the current climate. I can’t miss our season opener so me and the old man will be tuning in. Quite looking forward to it tbh.

Ultimately, it's not the club's decision to take. It's an EFL decision so either they offer a stream at £10 or they don't offer a stream at all.

• Admin
1 hour ago, BCFCGav said:

I see your point but we always had to pay to get into cup matches on top of our season tickets. 

Though would have been a nice gesture from the club to include it in this seasons package 

To me this indicates that they won't get our league packages sorted by that day

1 hour ago, View from the Dolman said:

Ultimately, it's not the club's decision to take. It's an EFL decision so either they offer a stream at £10 or they don't offer a stream at all.

This needs to be a sticky!!!

Theres nothing the club can do about it.

3 minutes ago, BarnzFM said:

They can communicate clearly 

Yep, can’t argue with that....comment was more people suggesting they could offer it for free / £5 as goodwill.

The comms team are having a mare and jeopardising income (either in revenue or refund requests).  You’d think either the Group Head of Comms or Football CEO would be all over this.

12 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

The comms team are having a mare and jeopardising income (either in revenue or refund requests).  You’d think either the Group Head of Comms or Football CEO would be all over this.

I know they should be but based on recent past performance you really wouldn't!  (I get better comms from Bath City and I'm only on their mailing list because of their play-off crowd sourced fundraiser.)

25 minutes ago, GreedyHarry said:

It would likely only be a tenner with a crowd. To try and charge the same to watch on the television-an inferior product by far is taking the piss.

If you’re referring to the cup game, they have no choice.  The price is set by EFL / Sky.

• SC&T Board Members
1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Yep, can’t argue with that....comment was more people suggesting they could offer it for free / £5 as goodwill.

Indeed you would.

The SC&T has been urging the club to be proactive on this front and has been putting forward various suggestions for some time now, but sadly without any meaningful engagement on their part.

We will continue to impress on them via the SLO and other channels the need, in our view, for them to advise fans of their plans for the coming season ASAP.

We stand ready - as ever - to help the club devise and communicate offerings to supporters that will both give fans a fair deal and minimise the cash outflow for the club that may otherwise result from refund demands.

13 minutes ago, Blagdon red said:

Indeed you would.

The SC&T has been urging the club to be proactive on this front and has been putting forward various suggestions for some time now, but sadly without any meaningful engagement on their part.

We will continue to impress on them via the SLO and other channels the need, in our view, for them to advise fans of their plans for the coming season ASAP.

We stand ready - as ever - to help the club devise and communicate offerings to supporters that will both give fans a fair deal and minimise the cash outflow for the club that may otherwise result from refund demands.

I can usually find both sides of the argument, e.g. media / comms silence of the head coach recruitment, but for season cards / streaming I cannot see any benefit in at least not issuing a holding statement, saying “bear with us, it’s complicated” for example.  I sense goodwill of some fans / sensible fans is wearing very thin.

Redrobbo and BS4onTour are comms men in their professional lives- I can’t imagine they think the current approach is anything like satisfactory.

18 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

If you’re referring to the cup game, they have no choice.  The price is set by EFL / Sky.

Understood. But we cannot be the only club that charged the  equivalent first round Plymouth matches at a tenner over the last couple of years. Which means EFL are setting the price to high. Did all of those clubs make representations and dig their heels in? To be fair, I’ll just listen to the radio commentary and not pay. I’m no longer a fan but a customer.

Archived