IGNORED

Season Card / Streaming update

man in the middle

16 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Don't know about you but I am still on last season's deal. 

I last paid the £110 RobinsTV season pass on 26 July 2019 and that saw me through last season and I was due to auto-renew on 26 July 2020. It's billed on an annual rather than seasonal basis (same as memberships). Covid meant that the renewal date got pushed out to 23 November 2020 - I guess they worried about people being unable to pay? Seemed strange to me at the time as we're all abroad aren't we?

So essentially as far as I am concerned I currently remain on that same contract as last season, and that runs until 23 Nov. So for the start of this season I expect to pay nothing more than I already have, and I should still get non-televised home and away league games. Then I'll be paying £110 again in November, when I expect to get non-televised home and away league game streamed as we had last season. The terms of my contract with the club haven't changed.

I understand that for ST holders it is a different situation. I'll be paying significantly less than £10 per game - but of course I do not have any of the rights and perks that ST holders have. I get no cash back, no shop discount, and I've no right to a seat at AG when fans return to stadia.

This is based on my reading of the Ts&Cs of my RobinsTV sub and the FAQs on RobinsTV bit of the website btw.

If City were to give SC holders all Home games and midweek away games, that would be 32 / 46 covered.  I would probably go down the VPN airways £5 route for the other 14....if still available at that price.

Preston look to have pissed their fans off:

https://www.pnefc.net/news/2020/august/202021-season-ticket-details/

They hadn’t sold any season tickets so are offering a 21 game season ticket and expect fans to pay £10 to stream the first two home games.

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

If City were to give SC holders all Home games and midweek away games, that would be 32 / 46 covered.  I would probably go down the VPN airways £5 route for the other 14....if still available at that price.

Preston look to have pissed their fans off:

https://www.pnefc.net/news/2020/august/202021-season-ticket-details/

They hadn’t sold any season tickets so are offering a 21 game season ticket and expect fans to pay £10 to stream the first two home games.

Doesn't it say a season ticket includes access to the two home games behind closed doors?

A purchased 2020/21 season card will give access to 21 league games, from Cardiff City – on Saturday 17th October – onwards and also iFollow access to watch the home matches against Swansea City (Saturday 12th September) and Stoke City (Saturday 26th September).

From Preston

There will be no digital season passes available for iFollow for purchasers in the UK and Ireland, each game that is not shown live on Sky Sports will be available on a game-by-game basis, priced at £10 per match – the club gets all income from sales of match passes.

48 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

Thank you Exiled Ajax

I fancy I’m in the same boat although I’d totally forgotten about the existing Robins TV membership being frozen/extended. Fingers crossed ? that your analysis comes to pass. 

No worries. You can check your renewal date by logging onto the new RobinsTV platform and checking the "My Account" tab. It will show your current renewal date.

Essentially I am expecting nothing to change for those who watch as you and I do.

1 hour ago, Lrrr said:

From Preston

There will be no digital season passes available for iFollow for purchasers in the UK and Ireland, each game that is not shown live on Sky Sports will be available on a game-by-game basis, priced at £10 per match – the club gets all income from sales of match passes.

are you sure about this sky do f all for nothing and the EFL will want their bit

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Still surprised we haven’t sold anyone or at least really strong rumours. We do have wiggle room on a FFP, but as you say, reduced income starts to make that tight(er).

FFP effectively scrapped for the next few seasons (not it's worth much anyway, as Derby demonstrated this week.)  It'll be basic company law that does for clubs. As soon as those in charge realise they can no longer cover liabilities the board are obligated to mitigate further and avoidable losses, at risk if they don't it becomes a criminal matter. Other than Mr. Lansdown's beneficence, we've been there for some time.

I didn't hear this myself but someone tweeted this :

Brighton executive on radio this morning explaining that fans who have been paying since April for season tickets will have their payment suspended in September until the government give a solid plan/guidelines to get fans back into stadiums.

10 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

No worries. You can check your renewal date by logging onto the new RobinsTV platform and checking the "My Account" tab. It will show your current renewal date.

Essentially I am expecting nothing to change for those who watch as you and I do.

Just checked and my renewal date is 28 November ?

Couple of points from Swansea's statement

if a weekend fixture is moved to a midweek fixture or a Friday, it will not be included in the seven midweek streaming fixtures. 

As well as providing you with the stream, the club pledge that if 25% of the season is played behind closed doors, those season ticket holders who have not taken a refund will receive a discount off their season ticket for the 2021-22  season.

Season ticket holders who are adults and have paid full price will receive a 12.5% discount off their 2021-22 season, whilst discounted season tickets such as seniors, youths etc will have a 10% discount. 

Should 50% of the season be played behind closed doors then a 20% discount will be applied for the 2021-22 season, while full paying adults will receive 25%.

On 27/08/2020 at 23:15, Blagdon red said:

Indeed you would.

The SC&T has been urging the club to be proactive on this front and has been putting forward various suggestions for some time now, but sadly without any meaningful engagement on their part.

We will continue to impress on them via the SLO and other channels the need, in our view, for them to advise fans of their plans for the coming season ASAP.

We stand ready - as ever - to help the club devise and communicate offerings to supporters that will both give fans a fair deal and minimise the cash outflow for the club that may otherwise result from refund demands.

Interesting to know what options the SC&T have suggested to the club? Have they released such information?

Yes the club's been somewhere south of useless in communicating with fans but they were when I first started watching in '65 and have pretty much been so ever since.

So with major cashflow issues it's a given the club will attempt to hang onto cash banked and commited for as long as possible, hence unlikely to offer refunds until scheduled matches have passed. The difference from last season, it seems to me, is how you therefore offer access, both live & remotely? Last year those who'd already committed and wished to take up the remote option probably saw it as short-term and weren't concerned with the 'inequalities' that solution delivered (though would be more apparent this time.)

At its simplest suppose the club offer all ST holders remote access to all home and away games for the season, perhaps at a standard fee to equalise the premium/cheap seat pricing. Where is that price pitched? At the lowest possible set price (rebates for most,) or in the middle, which therefore requires those in the cheap seats to pay more (with rebates for many?) And if fans can't or won't afford more? What to do with the problem of homes with more than one ST, do they retain multiple access in the hope of perhaps being able to attend later in the season? No guarantees that will happen and if it doesn't, do they then get a rebate?

What happens if and when some fans are permitted to attend? Easiest would be to allow ST holders to 'bid' for seats, taking into allowance any 'standard fee' paid and perhaps having to adjust accordingly as to where they're allocated seats? But how to account for groups of holders applying for seats? Would that have to be nominated upfront, could it be flexed by game? For some, like me, if I can't attend with mates I might as well not bother, others may have to rely on friends to get them to and from the match. How many bids might be allowed, how many successful allocations guaranteed? As ever, we all want to attend the easy access, glamour games; many wouldn't cross Greville Smyth to see bottom fodder on a Tuesday night or should the game be on Sky.

Non ST holders could be offered ad hoc, remote packages without seat rights, with seats released as and when normalcy returns (not next season methinks.) But how's that pitched? If based on a ST model it's already poor value for money. Buy 3 get 1 free?

And for those like me who've sod all interest in watching faux football on a laptop? I'm ok for the trickle back of payments once games have passed but with the signal caveat that once games remotely be accessible I ( and those like me,) demand access to our seats and no way will the club be able to offer that. I've no interest in selectively being able to bid for seats, in which case I might as well have full refund now and be done with it, save I and my mates once seats are ceded won't be minded to renew elsewhere the following year, unless it's to our choosing.

And then there's the biggie. Since all seaters became mandatory it's been impossible to have fans occupy seats allocated and make them sit in the things. That's why we individually migrate to various sections of the stadium where behaviours are, hopefully, akin our own. I go to watch football and have a sensible discussion about what we're watching. I've no interest in singing asinine chants, abusing the opposition, ruining others enjoyment. So post Covid if, as racing (my other passion) is begining to do, crowds return and we have to attend and stay in small, localised, identified areas such Track and Trace is possible, what chance with our f'wits is there of that happening? How would a limited number of seats be allocated in compliance with the various sections of the stadium? A random, free for all will create havoc?

To maintain social distancing how long would it take to enter/leave the stadium, what happens if there's an emergency evacuation, how would discrete sanitary provision be allocated? I'm centre Dolman which takes an age to fill and empty at the best of times and if, quid pro quo, to attend I have to be in my seat an hour before and remain up to an hour afterwards, I won't bother. Ditto taking a wazz.

In other threads folks have referenced that masks need not be worn once in ones allocated seat, though those fixtures where that was deployed saw 'bubbles' 5m-6m apart. Given I'm regularly dodging spit from shouting and loudly chanting fans it'll take that sort of distancing to remain effective. Does the club enforce a no singing and shouting policy, seeing you ejected from the ground for bemoaning a poor decision by the officials? This isn't a three strikes and you're out policy, elsewhere where crowds are back one inadvertent transgression and it's Goodnight Vienna.

I'm assuming, like some overseas matches I've attended, we may have to produce identification when entering the stadium as a requirement to fulfill Track and Trace, with absolutely no swapped tickets. In Racing they've already taken draconian sanctions against jockeys, owners and trainers who've already transgressed (some in error,) and with our history of fans openly flouting existing T&C's and then kicking up hell when admonished or punished, conditioned returns simply aren't going to be adhered to.  How many stewards will it take to police? If somebody who has attended a match tests positive do they and all those near them have to quarantine? If I'm lucky enough to have secured tickets for a Tuesday and Saturday fixture but get the dreaded text on Friday, what of my Saturday ticket? Is that a refund or reallocation and how might that work?

It occurs to me the cost of attempting to administer crowds probably isn't worth it next season and were the club bold enough to take that call it might make things a whole lot easier to communicate. They could then concentrate on delivering remote offerings.

Fans also need to understand the club itself has a duty of care to all whilst in the stadium and that may not be passed off. If somebody suffers loss as a result of discovering they contracted the virus because the club failed to take reasonable mitigations required (a knowingly infected Herbert borrowed his mates ticket because he fancied seeing a game then managed to sneak through the checks,) they could be facing extraordinary liability. We already suffer the folly of non-enforced coat and bag checks, you think our stewards will forcefully discharge the new, highly intrusive checks now required?

There are no easy answers and dialogue is the way forward but interesting to hear what others and the SC&T propose?

On 27/08/2020 at 22:07, Davefevs said:

Yep, can’t argue with that....comment was more people suggesting they could offer it for free / £5 as goodwill.

The comms team are having a mare and jeopardising income (either in revenue or refund requests).  You’d think either the Group Head of Comms or Football CEO would be all over this.

Or the SLO, needs to be proactive and keep people informed.

On 24/08/2020 at 12:08, Portland Bill said:

100%, why would anyone want to sit in front of their tv at 3pm on a Saturday afternoon, when there are hundreds of football matches being played that you can go and watch live.  

Because I want to watch the team I support rather than a random non league game? 

If I’m not allowed in the ground to sit with friends and enjoy the match day experience but instead are offered two tv passes each game for my 2 already paid in full Lansdown season tickets I’ll be disappointed.  I must be in for around £60 a game in the Lansdown stand and will only use 1 tv pass in the house.  That can’t be right and the threat of losing and season ticket rights like last time would seem like bullying tactics.  With such a difference in seat prices across the ground, multiple season tickets in single households plus watching on tv being a pretty flat experience the club really needs to up its game on what it offered at the end of last season.

1 hour ago, General Zod said:

If I’m not allowed in the ground to sit with friends and enjoy the match day experience but instead are offered two tv passes each game for my 2 already paid in full Lansdown season tickets I’ll be disappointed.  I must be in for around £60 a game in the Lansdown stand and will only use 1 tv pass in the house.  That can’t be right and the threat of losing and season ticket rights like last time would seem like bullying tactics.  With such a difference in seat prices across the ground, multiple season tickets in single households plus watching on tv being a pretty flat experience the club really needs to up its game on what it offered at the end of last season.

If large numbers get refunds on their season tickets and lose their ST rights completely I can see some not coming back.

9 minutes ago, man in the middle said:

If large numbers get refunds on their season tickets and lose their ST rights completely I can see some not coming back.

I agree.  Last year the club could argue that Covid took everyone by surprise, budgets were set and season ticket money accounted for so refunds could have left them in a tricky position.  This season there’s no surprises, budgets should reflect the new normal (Holdens appointment, lack of transfers throughout the league would appear to back this up) and treating season holders fairly with no quibble, no loss of rights refunds for games they can’t take their seat at should happen without argument.

if season ticket holders loyalty is taken advantage of by Bristol Sport at a time when they turn every other aspect of our interaction with the club into a normal commercial transaction I can see lots never renewing again.

personally I would expect at the very least a refund for each game I can’t attend being given as credit towards next years season ticket.  I’m happy to pay to watch games on tv separately as and when I want to watch as I don’t find no atmosphere TV games that appealing 

Apologies if this is already covered in the prior eight pages, but outside the featured Sky games, so we know if they are going to do the non-3pm Saturday red button games again?

I was quite enjoying that before the Covid break - be disappointing if we lost it now.

6 minutes ago, samo II said:

Apologies if this is already covered in the prior eight pages, but outside the featured Sky games, so we know if they are going to do the non-3pm Saturday red button games again?

I was quite enjoying that before the Covid break - be disappointing if we lost it now.

Looks like no so clubs can stream on their platform without the competition of no extra cost for the game from sky

8 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Looks like no so clubs can stream on their platform without the competition of no extra cost for the game from sky

Ah I see. I had figured that might be the case. Disappointing when there are zero city games scheduled so far but can’t knock the fact the club likely needs the cash so imagine I’ll put my hand on my pocket.

59 minutes ago, samo II said:

Ah I see. I had figured that might be the case. Disappointing when there are zero city games scheduled so far but can’t knock the fact the club likely needs the cash so imagine I’ll put my hand on my pocket.

Our early games aren't overly attractive, we have the likes of Norwich, Bournemouth, Swansea and Forest in October so we may feature a bit then, November then has Cardiff, Derby and Watford etc so I'd have thought it strange if we appeared on sky for Coventry, Wednesday or Stoke in September, particularly when Sky focus will be on the relegated teams.

23 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Our early games aren't overly attractive, we have the likes of Norwich, Bournemouth, Swansea and Forest in October so we may feature a bit then, November then has Cardiff, Derby and Watford etc so I'd have thought it strange if we appeared on sky for Coventry, Wednesday or Stoke in September, particularly when Sky focus will be on the relegated teams.

Fair points all.

Hopefully the less attractive for Sky games can keep us under the radar so when we do come to those slightly more appealing ones we can put on a decent show. 

Archived