IGNORED

Season Card / Streaming update

man in the middle

The way I see it (assumption you as an individual can’t get a seat at AG).

Best case scenario:

All home games + midweek away games (32 in total) via a streaming pass on Robinstv + some form of pro-rata refund based on the amount you paid for your season ticket.

£10 for away Saturday games

Worst case scenario:

All home games via a streaming pass on Robinstv (23 in total).

£10 for all away games

No refund at all

I’m not gonna get into season card benefits, like discounts in the shop etc.  The only thing of real importance is right to your seat in 21/22.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

The way I see it (assumption you as an individual can’t get a seat at AG).

Best case scenario:

All home games + midweek away games (32 in total) via a streaming pass on Robinstv + some form of pro-rata refund based on the amount you paid for your season ticket.

£10 for away Saturday games

Worst case scenario:

All home games via a streaming pass on Robinstv (23 in total).

£10 for all away games

No refund at all

I’m not gonna get into season card benefits, like discounts in the shop etc.  The only thing of real importance is right to your seat in 21/22.

I hope you’re wrong about both scenarios Dave! 

I can understand that some would find the first option attractive. But I’ve paid for a seat in the ground, not for the right to stream games. I would watch some matches online, but probably not as many as I would normally attend in person. I don’t mind paying for that on a game by game basis but I’d be very unhappy to be given only a partial refund on the basis that I’ve got access to 32 games, many of which I won’t watch, in a format I haven’t chosen.

And there will be scenes if there’s no refund option at all!

43 minutes ago, lager loud said:

I can understand that some would find the first option attractive. But I’ve paid for a seat in the ground, not for the right to stream games. I would watch some matches online, but probably not as many as I would normally attend in person. I don’t mind paying for that on a game by game basis but I’d be very unhappy to be given only a partial refund on the basis that I’ve got access to 32 games, many of which I won’t watch, in a format I haven’t chosen.

Yeah, makes total sense....as you say, it’s the going to the match that’s important for many.  Maybe they weren’t best and worst case after all ???

33 minutes ago, Berkshire Red said:

Apologies if said already, but have they announced when they will release details? Or when they will let us know?

Haven't heard anything and surely it's getting very close to being too late with cup starting this week?

This week they said

9 hours ago, lager loud said:

This illustrates perfectly how difficult it will be to please everyone. I have a ST in the SS (£385) so 32 games isn`t much more than twelve quid a game. In the last couple of years I`ve been cutting back on the amount of night games I go to (I live a two hour drive from Bristol and as I get older going to them is starting to **** me up for the rest of the week TBH) so I would probably end up seeing more home games if they were streamed!

I`ll probably take the streaming option to start with - particularly if limited crowds are allowed back BUT you have to get there some ridiculous amount of time before KO - and see how it goes. 

2 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

This illustrates perfectly how difficult it will be to please everyone. I have a ST in the SS (£385) so 32 games isn`t much more than twelve quid a game. In the last couple of years I`ve been cutting back on the amount of night games I go to (I live a two hour drive from Bristol and as I get older going to them is starting to **** me up for the rest of the week TBH) so I would probably end up seeing more home games if they were streamed!

Whilst it’s difficult to please everyone I hope the club comes up with a number of options which don’t leave season ticket holders feeling that their commitment to the club isn’t being taken advantage off.  There needs to be an acceptance from the club that purchasing a season ticket is a big financial commitment for a a lot of  fans but they find the money and the match day experience, meeting up with friends makes the sacrifice worth it.  If you’re struggling for cash at what is a difficult time for many and/or feel like a tv pass isn’t reasonable compensation for the commitment made, their shouldn’t be any bullying tactics from the club and a threat to losing seats in the future.  If people want a refund for the games they are not allowed to attend they should be given one without any bad feeling.

Just now, General Zod said:

Whilst it’s difficult to please everyone I hope the club comes up with a number of options which don’t leave season ticket holders feeling that their commitment to the club isn’t being taken advantage off.  There needs to be an acceptance from the club that purchasing a season ticket is a big financial commitment for a a lot of  fans but they find the money and the match day experience, meeting up with friends makes the sacrifice worth it.  If you’re struggling for cash at what is a difficult time for many and/or feel like a tv pass isn’t reasonable compensation for the commitment made, their shouldn’t be any bullying tactics from the club and a threat to losing seats in the future.  If people want a refund for the games they are not allowed to attend they should be given one without any bad feeling.

I so agree with this. This is not the time cut off your nose for future season ticket sales.

33 minutes ago, Rossi the Robin said:

Friday 4.59pm

And the refund window closes at 5.15pm......after reading 20 minutes of waffle and various options.

Was it option 3 last time that offered money off tickets for this season.......that was a good one (when they would have known it was unlikely any general admission tickets home or away would be available for this season.)

2 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

And the refund window closes at 5.15pm......after reading 20 minutes of waffle and various options.

Was it option 3 last time that offered money off tickets for this season.......that was a good one (when they would have known it was unlikely any general admission tickets home or away would be available for this season.)

The money could be used for up to a year couldn't it? So could be put towards a ST for 21/22

If this is stuffed up, or the club seem to be 'threatening' people who decide to ask for a refund (loss of seat ,discounts etc) then you will have:

A heap of cancelled DD's

A heap of VPN newbies

Hesgoal viewers going through the roof

10 blokes sharing one TV sub.

At £500+ for TV viewing, why would someone NOT cancel their DD and watch a stream, twitter feed or use a VPN.

Watch a betting site grab the  streaming rights to registered customers (already heaps do) - easier to lay a £10 bet between 10 of you and watch on the big TV for free than pay £500 each.

I doubt these factors have crossed the clubs mind - we are sheep-like customers.  

Mind you when people pay £15 for a £1 easter egg in a City cup - who can blame them.

People who stop a habit, usually find something else to do instead........

I hope it isnt 10 pound per game for us overseas. The exchange rate where i am is going to make it very expensive to watch city how i have been since bctv started. I have only missed 2 games since i have had the option to watch us play. A lot of late nites or bloody early mornings. Id feel a bit shafted after forking out religiously for this service since its conception to suddenly get charged like a wounded bull for it.

10 hours ago, Lrrr said:

The money could be used for up to a year couldn't it? So could be put towards a ST for 21/22

Again not much use if one of the options this time (which I am hoping for) is to roll this seasons ticket over to next season.

I had no regrets asking for a £115 refund last time and then spending £10 to watch 4 games, 2 on Robins TV and 2 on Now TV (Sky).

19 minutes ago, AirlieBeachRed said:

I hope it isnt 10 pound per game for us overseas. The exchange rate where i am is going to make it very expensive to watch city how i have been since bctv started. I have only missed 2 games since i have had the option to watch us play. A lot of late nites or bloody early mornings. Id feel a bit shafted after forking out religiously for this service since its conception to suddenly get charged like a wounded bull for it.

You are on a different tv deal so my gut feel is you will stay the same. 

Hi to all the expats. Can anyone tell me if their subscription to Matchday live for those living abroad auto renewed. I’m in the middle of moving and am having difficulty working out if I have paid or not and I don’t want to be faffing around five minutes before kick off on Saturday. 

22 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Hi to all the expats. Can anyone tell me if their subscription to Matchday live for those living abroad auto renewed. I’m in the middle of moving and am having difficulty working out if I have paid or not and I don’t want to be faffing around five minutes before kick off on Saturday. 

Ok in response to my own question I have found that I have an extension to Dec and my account auto renews then. Go to Robins tv through the website and you can find the details. Check your payment details girls could save a lot of stress On Saturday. 

• The title was changed to Robins TV 2020/21 Season
  • Admin

To me it looks like my account goes up to the end of this current season?

Which is interesting considering I have no idea what the cost etc will be. Assume everyone else is the same?

This date has been the same since the games started being broadcast due to Covid - I assume that was because I had already purchased my 2020/21 season ticket by then?

image.png

I don't mind paying for the TV at a reasonable hour.

Even moreso now I won't be making my annual pilgramage back to the gate this year or next probably.

I do wish there was a 'record' option - I can't get up for a 4am (my time - and my problem I know)  when I am on shift at 7am.

My job means I need to be fully 'with it' and a 4am footy match on TV isn't an option for me if I have a big case on in the morning session.

I don't know what the rights issue would be, but if you can record Sky/Fox/Bein then surely a TV stream that is registered to a private paying account (like cable/satellite) should be able to be recorded?

I would imagine a lot of ex-pats would be much more open to paying more if they could record the match and watch it at a more reasonable time if they have work / family commitments?

What say you ex-pats ( a 'like'  for yes, 'flames' for no)

On 01/09/2020 at 02:05, SX227 said:

People who stop a habit, usually find something else to do instead........

Think this is a really relevant point , going to a game can become a ‘habit’ or a ‘routine’ once it’s broken sometimes it’s difficult to get back into it. I’ve mentioned before people may now have found other things to do with their Saturday afternoons that doesn’t include football. The club needs to be aware of this and not rely on the loyalty of fans to return as soon as allowed. People have paid money in good faith  for a service that the club can’t offer right now , the silence from the club is poor but right now I fear communication from the club is at an all time low

I have every sympathy with the club to be honest it’s pretty much the definition of being between a rock and hard place. 
I am sure they are aware of all the fans   concerns, but as those concerns are varied between us (like almost everything else) it will be difficult to address them all. 
In the meantime they have a business to run and in that respect they are no different to all the high street retailers who have seen their income and business models thrown to wolves. They need to maximise their income in the best possible way to minimise that affect. 
Whatever decision(s) they make they will probably end up upsetting at least half of us, (it seems they always do).

I understand @BTRFTG when he talks about clubs cutting their cloth accordingly, but things like salary caps  are not going to happen overnight, and costs will only start to be driven down when new contracts are being offered. The players themselves are going to need re-educating in the post COVID world. 
Personally my season ticket (admittedly the cheapest available for an adult) will remain as it is. Although I will be semi-retired at some point in this season, my job meant that I always missed games, usually midweek and I rarely attended away games anyway. 
I know it’s not the same as being at the ground, but it’s better than nothing at all. 

9 hours ago, SX227 said:

Even moreso now I won't be making my annual pilgramage back to the gate this year or next probably.

I do wish there was a 'record' option - I can't get up for a 4am (my time - and my problem I know)  when I am on shift at 7am.

My job means I need to be fully 'with it' and a 4am footy match on TV isn't an option for me if I have a big case on in the morning session.

I don't know what the rights issue would be, but if you can record Sky/Fox/Bein then surely a TV stream that is registered to a private paying account (like cable/satellite) should be able to be recorded?

I would imagine a lot of ex-pats would be much more open to paying more if they could record the match and watch it at a more reasonable time if they have work / family commitments?

Can you not fly VPN Airways to a more agreeable timezone?

#DeliberatelyMissingThePoint

17 hours ago, REDOXO said:

Ok in response to my own question I have found that I have an extension to Dec and my account auto renews then. Go to Robins tv through the website and you can find the details. Check your payment details girls could save a lot of stress On Saturday. 

Just checked mine, same deal: expires December 2020.

11 hours ago, SX227 said:

I emailed the club about this last season. Didnt get a response. 

Archived