IGNORED

Season Card / Streaming update

man in the middle

• Admin
10 hours ago, BarnzFM said:

I thought live performances like football matches were still banned in pubs

21 minutes ago, Snufflelufagus said:

No not banned (I'm not ? sure it ever was). Just asked to keep volume down so people don't have to shout to be heard.

When bars first re-opened the guidelines we were given stated no TV to be shown, but within about a week or so it was changed to allowing music to be played at a volume where people didn't need to raise their voices to talk.

Shortly after that it was amended again to include sports coverage being allowed as long as sound was low

On 22/08/2020 at 16:17, Harry said:

Will await the pricing options from City, but for context, I pay £143.99 per year to subscribe to NFL Game Pass. 
This gives me access to watch ALL of my teams games, live, as well as being able to watch EVERY game of ALL other teams on playback (full match, 40 minute highlights or just scoring plays). 
Plus there is access to lots of other content, NFL shows. NFL Network etc. 

As said, I’ll await pricing, but if they end up charging the £450 full ST price for 23 home games only, I’ll be a tad peed off, especially given the value I get from the NFL. 

Oy City no !

78E4DC76-4D80-45CC-BC54-3661E280C482.jpeg

I’m 60-40 in not bothering with RobinsTV. I took it as an option last season was disappointed with the lag. It was at least 35secs behind  real time and that spoilt it for me.

Does anyone know if SKy Sports ‘soccer Saturday’ will be permitted Championship goals as they’ve scored this coming campaign?

3 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Can you not fly VPN Airways to a more agreeable timezone?

#DeliberatelyMissingThePoint

That is ridiculous @Bristol Rob.... if they showed the match in different timezones, people would get the result at different times depending on where they were. The bookies would take a proper beating.

Just now, Mad Cyril said:

That is ridiculous @Bristol Rob.... if they showed the match in different timezones, people would get the result at different times depending on where they were. The bookies would take a proper beating.

Of course it works Cyril.

Thanks to the power of VPN I have won every lottery draws for the last few years.

If it wasn't for quarantine, there wouldn't be rollovers.

On 22/08/2020 at 15:17, Harry said:

Will await the pricing options from City, but for context, I pay £143.99 per year to subscribe to NFL Game Pass. 
This gives me access to watch ALL of my teams games, live, as well as being able to watch EVERY game of ALL other teams on playback (full match, 40 minute highlights or just scoring plays). 
Plus there is access to lots of other content, NFL shows. NFL Network etc. 

As said, I’ll await pricing, but if they end up charging the £450 full ST price for 23 home games only, I’ll be a tad peed off, especially given the value I get from the NFL. 

I've mused on how the league, as a whole, could run online TV centralised; in its current working iteration most teams use the same company (we're different because herp-a-derp) yet it's a third-party service. NFL's TV works so well because all of the KO times are standardised and have been for years, and the only reason games would not be on TV would be if the live gate (inc. STs) didn't pass 90%. By that standard we would have 1-2 EFL games on TV per month let alone week. The Holy Grail of 3PM is there for a very good reason but any workarounds should be standardised as well. 

My take in adopting a Gridiron-style schedule fit for both live gates and TV audiences would be to do pretty much as the US does - Sundays are Premier days with 5 games of 2PM KOs, 3 games at 5PM, the "main" game at 8 and a single Monday game at 8. The top-tier football is done within 30 hours per week, European football is far less intrusive to a team's calendar and the EFL has the whole of Saturday to itself for prime coverage of anyone's choosing. This would benefit people who follow two teams in different leagues.

I would charge £300 per season per subscription with the majority evenly distributed across the 92 clubs to make up for shortfall in live gate (If a million subs were purchased each team would make a minimum of just under £71,000 *per game* before ops costs).

Thoughts?

14 hours ago, SX227 said:

I don't mind paying for the TV at a reasonable hour.

Even moreso now I won't be making my annual pilgramage back to the gate this year or next probably.

I do wish there was a 'record' option - I can't get up for a 4am (my time - and my problem I know)  when I am on shift at 7am.

My job means I need to be fully 'with it' and a 4am footy match on TV isn't an option for me if I have a big case on in the morning session.

I don't know what the rights issue would be, but if you can record Sky/Fox/Bein then surely a TV stream that is registered to a private paying account (like cable/satellite) should be able to be recorded?

I would imagine a lot of ex-pats would be much more open to paying more if they could record the match and watch it at a more reasonable time if they have work / family commitments?

What say you ex-pats ( a 'like'  for yes, 'flames' for no)

3 hours ago, Cider red said:

I emailed the club about this last season. Didnt get a response. 

Not sure about a ‘recorded’ version, but over the last few seasons they’ve put the ‘Full 90’ up on Robins TV around 36-48 hours after the game. The Saturday match used to be accessible sometime on the Monday afternoon-ish. 

For some reason, they’ve rarely put the ‘Full 90’ on there last season, and in fact haven’t put a single one on since Luton in December. 

I asked on twitter and was told that “it takes ages to upload”. Oh ok, cheers then. 

If they could offer the Full 90 replay 24-36 hours after the game finished, then that would make many people happy. 
But they can’t be arsed to upload it. Lazy barstewards!! 

4 hours ago, Robbored said:

I’m 60-40 in not bothering with RobinsTV. I took it as an option last season was disappointed with the lag. It was at least 35secs behind  real time and that spoilt it for me.

Does anyone know if SKy Sports ‘soccer Saturday’ will be permitted Championship goals as they’ve scored this coming campaign?

Why not just turn the internet on your phone off when watching the game?

4 hours ago, Robbored said:

How did it being 35 seconds behind real time affect you?

Were you watching SS News at the same time?  If so, pause it for 1-2 minutes at kickoff.

The club delayed their push notifications to save you getting goal announcements in your phone before the action happened.

I still can’t get my head round why you keep moaning about the sane thing.

What am I missing?

9 hours ago, daored said:

Think this is a really relevant point , going to a game can become a ‘habit’ or a ‘routine’ once it’s broken sometimes it’s difficult to get back into it. I’ve mentioned before people may now have found other things to do with their Saturday afternoons that doesn’t include football. The club needs to be aware of this and not rely on the loyalty of fans to return as soon as allowed. People have paid money in good faith  for a service that the club can’t offer right now , the silence from the club is poor but right now I fear communication from the club is at an all time low

People will come back if the football is good or City are winning. And they come back very fast. Once things are normal anyway.

Until then will be interesting to see what they offer but I don't think either club or fans are in an good position with this so I would give them a bit of leeway (awaits inevitable terrible offering by club!).

12 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

How did it being 35 seconds behind real time affect you?

Were you watching SS News at the same time?  If so, pause it for 1-2 minutes at kickoff.

The club delayed their push notifications to save you getting goal announcements in your phone before the action happened.

I still can’t get my head round why you keep moaning about the sane thing.

What am I missing?

I have the problem of the goal alert coming up on my iPad whilst I’m watching Robins tv and obviously I can’t turn the internet off. It’s an unavoidable issue.

It comes up firstly on my phone followed immediately on my iPad then Sky sports. 

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

I have the problem of the goal alert coming up on my iPad whilst I’m watching Robins tv and obviously I can’t turn the internet off. It’s an unavoidable issue.

It comes up firstly on my phone followed immediately on my iPad then Sky sports. 

We've been through this attention seeker. Turn the alerts off.

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

Turn off the goal alerts of the game you're watching? Unless you really need to be told there's a goal in front of your eyes.

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Ok...But the club were purposely delaying the goal alerts until after the stream had shown it.

Are your goal alerts from Robinstv app or a betting company / other football site?

My goal alerts from robins tv app were always after I watched the goal on the stream!

11 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

Turn off the goal alerts of the game you're watching? Unless you really need to be told there's a goal in front of your eyes.

I don’t know why that didn’t occur either to me before..............:facepalm:
Turn off the alert on my iPad I mean.......

58 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Ok...But the club were purposely delaying the goal alerts until after the stream had shown it.

Are your goal alerts from Robinstv app or a betting company / other football site?

My goal alerts from robins tv app were always after I watched the goal on the stream!

My goal alerts came from the BBC. It annoyed me for the first game. After that I either turned goal alerts off (easy to do) or left my phone in another room.

Simples ?

12 hours ago, Robbored said:

If it helps you could just set your iPad to think you are in a factory, since I know for a fact that factory workers are not allowed to receive goal alerts and this setting is supported on most new iPads.

Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset to Factory Settings

When you put it to be in a factory setting it does also require you to wear safety glasses and a hat but you can ignore those messages and the iPad still works perfectly. I tried this for the Boro game.

• Admin
31 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Technique is a huge problem for elderly people as proved. I'm close to giving up on my dad  turning 85 in november. It's all the computers fault and he wan't to buy a new one really working.

What is the computers fault?

Archived