IGNORED

Season Card / Streaming update

man in the middle

19 minutes ago, sephjnr said:

Why not just take a tenner off the pro-rata and hand out passes when relevant? At any rate, are the passes available to buy when the refunds are announced?

"We'll take our sweet time giving you your cash back, but spend more on us NOW!"

Bloody hell, talk about not pleasing all the people all the time! Do you not understand the concept of families holding multiple season tickets

42 minutes ago, redpole said:

Surely you can just by a pass for  the home team we are playing??

I''m not sure, think I remember reading something on twitter about a clamp down on having accounts with multiple clubs, whether its tied to ip address or just an email account I'm not sure.

5 minutes ago, Snufflelufagus said:

But we could be back in October.

You might be....we are still shielding.  But I do think it’s the right approach for the vast majority of fans whilst no fans are going.  As @lager loudsaid, the next test is when they start letting “some” back in.

Just now, Lrrr said:

I''m not sure, think I remember reading something on twitter about a clamp down on having accounts with multiple clubs, whether its tied to ip address or just an email account I'm not sure.

Confirmed by club twitter you can buy from other team.

45 minutes ago, bissellredhead said:

I'm sure some will still find something to moan about!

Not moaning as such as I don’t get particularly bothered about such things, but I did gag a bit when reading 

helping our fans support the club they love

which is basically marketing speak for “keeping hold of as much of fans’ money as possible  for as long as we can“. 

The offer itself is perfectly fair for as long as no fans are allowed in the ground.

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

You might be....we are still shielding.  But I do think it’s the right approach for the vast majority of fans whilst no fans are going.  As @lager loudsaid, the next test is when they start letting “some” back in.

Confirmed by club twitter you can buy from other team.

CqUuU5N.gif?noredirect

Seems the sensible approach - especially when considering families with multiple STs, cost differences between say the South stand and central Lansdown stand. 

I think people sucked up the different cost per game for streaming instead of the pro-rata refund for last season but that would have been a harder sell for an indefinite period. 

• Admin
32 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Would have like the option of a total refund, I know why this isn't offered, but even if fans are allowed back in a few months at reduced capacity- not sure i'd want to go.

Why should you be offered a full refund?

We could be allowed back into the ground in a few games time.

26 minutes ago, sephjnr said:

Why not just take a tenner off the pro-rata and hand out passes when relevant? At any rate, are the passes available to buy when the refunds are announced?

"We'll take our sweet time giving you your cash back, but spend more on us NOW!"

Simple, because not everyone wants to pay for Robins TV, and there could be more than one season ticket holder per address. 

Why would they need multiple TV logins?

9 minutes ago, YorksRed said:

I think having read the statement a few times (and might be wrong) that what they are saying is that you can buy individual matches on Robintv for £10 (home and away?) and they will also be doing packages (bundles?) for home and midweek away matches.  However I had understood that £10 was the set price for everyone so not sure what the benefit of bundling would be?

Think we need a bit of clarity on that!

Basically all games on Robins TV are £10

There will be a special package just for MIDWEEK away games - details still to be confirmed, but have to assume it will also be £10

14 minutes ago, Dynamite Red said:

Hopefully as fans are allowed back in gradually that those who do not wish to attend can continue to receive a pro rata refund as everyone's circumstances are different.

Hopefully the communication can also improve going forward.

I am intrigued why someone wouldn't want to return if they were given the opportunity?

I know of supporters of a few Premier league sides and they were asking season ticket holders to make sure their "friends" were linked via their season ticket accounts, that way if there is limited capacity it could be ensured that groups of friends could attend together

At this moment in time there is NO MEDICAL REASON now why someone could not attend with the correct 2m distancing applied or PPE used where no 2m distancing, and there are no conditions identified since August 1st

As long as the club links friends and families, it should not be an issue

Saying as little as possible is the first rule in crisis management (+ve club response,) though the second rule is to supply minimum, sufficient detail to head an information deluge off at the pass (-ve club response.)

That you get monies back for products you've purchased but they can't supply (well, they've no other option so neutral on that one.)

That you can purchase remote viewing rights for home games and some away fixtures (+ve move for those who want it, fair and equitable.)

That they're unable to inform what options are required for 'non-midweek' away games -what does midweek mean (Mon-Fri,) else provide info as to how to purchase weekend away access - will we have to register with all the other clubs so perhaps should start doing so now (big -ve re lack of response.)

That they hint at streaming options but fail to say what they are - why the reticence?

I won't bother with asking what happens re cup fixtures?

So they've assured they may bring fans back safely to AG but are unable to hint at:

What this means for fans, how might we comply, what changes will there be to T&C's? (they must know this having conducted their risk assessments;)

It's at a reduced capacity but what does that mean exactly? They'll know because they've assured the safety thresholds. On a positive note that might imply all STs may be accommodated but not further, ad hoc attendance. The missing part being does that imply we get to sit in our seats or seats randomly allocated elsewhere (the mates issue?)

On a negative note and given the levels of attendance elsewhere at trials, I'd estimate reduced capacity might be only 15-20% of existing ST holders. If they already have assessed not all ST holders will be able to attend when allowed, what does that look like, what options are on offer? (Could be some of us would be happy to forgo any 'lucky dip' ST rights this season provided we might regain access to seats once normalcy returns, allowing those so desperate to attend a greater chance of being there.) (-ve club response.)

Perchance, push comes to shove and ST holders get differentiated, those who've paid upfront Vs those who've deferred payment. From an proactive admin but PR disaster perspective, if not all ST holders can get in why continue to take monies from fans if only to later rebate?

There's nothing wrong with what's been said, though the statement signally lacks clarity & direction as to what the season ahead holds for fans?

46 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Would have like the option of a total refund, I know why this isn't offered, but even if fans are allowed back in a few months at reduced capacity- not sure i'd want to go.

Not want to go because of the reduced capactity/ possible lack of atmosphere or becuase of the risk of COVID?

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

correct 2m distancing applied

Suppose that's 2k fans in each of the 4 stands (less than half ST holders, I think.) Then 30mins prior to kick-off you'd have 4 X 4km queues headed in different directions. Dolman down The Cut, Atyeo down The Clanage others up Winterstoke & Duckmoor. Ditto leaving, (or in an emergency,) how to egress keeping that distancing. Ain't happening.

I am happy with this, seams a fair deal to me, I didn't like the robins TV last season and found myself listing to the games in the radio more, just don't like watching on my phone,

And if I did want to watch the club are basically giving me back more money than the cost of watching on robin TV , 

Dose seam a fair deal, was not expecting the club to get this right , very pleasant surprise

• Admin
Just now, BTRFTG said:

Suppose that's 2k fans in each of the 4 stands (less than half ST holders, I think.) Then 30mins prior to kick-off you'd have 4 X 4km queues headed in different directions. Dolman down The Cut, Atyeo down The Clanage others up Winterstoke & Duckmoor. Ditto leaving, (or in an emergency,) how to egress keeping that distancing. Ain't happening.

Of course it will, other venues have already coped with this and are already catering for future events, I'm sorry but to say it "ain't happening" is nonsense

We would be given specific entry points and times of entry to avoid mass queues

2 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Club have already said that 2m social distance let's 5000 fans back in, sounds like they are hoping for it to be 1m social distance as that lets 11k back in the gate,

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

You went to City for the atmosphere !!

There will be no risk of Covid with measures put in plave

? - I still cling to hope each game ?, although I see the atmosphere as the whole day. Love match day.

There will always be a risk, just reduced. Not a 'No' risk though.

24 minutes ago, phantom said:

I am intrigued why someone wouldn't want to return if they were given the opportunity?

I know of supporters of a few Premier league sides and they were asking season ticket holders to make sure their "friends" were linked via their season ticket accounts, that way if there is limited capacity it could be ensured that groups of friends could attend together

At this moment in time there is NO MEDICAL REASON now why someone could not attend with the correct 2m distancing applied or PPE used where no 2m distancing, and there are no conditions identified since August 1st

As long as the club links friends and families, it should not be an issue

The reason is because I live with someone who is in the high risk category, I would not want to risk taking a bus four times (only form of transport) back and forth to Ashton Gate then attend an event with thousands of people.

Why would I want to put a loved one at risk for the sake of a football game? I like many paid up before we fully knew how this pandemic would develop. Not a criticism but I hope you now understand why some do not feel comfortable returning under the current situation.

3 minutes ago, phantom said:

Of course it will, other venues have already coped with this and are already catering for future events, I'm sorry but to say it "ain't happening" is nonsense

Correct the guide lines state that everyone will have and allocated arrivel time that maybe a couple of hours before kickoff, the days of turning up 5 mins before kickoff are gone, if u miss your allocated arrivel slot it's unlikely you will get in, only way to stop queues and keep all safe,

• Admin
1 hour ago, BTRFTG said:

That they're unable to inform what options are required for 'non-midweek' away games -what does midweek mean (Mon-Fri,) else provide info as to how to purchase weekend away access - will we have to register with all the other clubs so perhaps should start doing so now (big -ve re lack of response.)

That they hint at streaming options but fail to say what they are - why the reticence?

I won't bother with asking what happens re cup fixtures?

So they've assured they may bring fans back safely to AG

It's at a reduced capacity but what does that mean exactly? They'll know because they've assured the safety thresholds. On a positive note that might imply all STs may be accommodated but not further, ad hoc attendance. The missing part being does that imply we get to sit in our seats or seats randomly allocated elsewhere (the mates issue?)

On a negative note and given the levels of attendance elsewhere at trials, I'd estimate reduced capacity might be only 15-20% of existing ST holders.

The EFL and Sky only agreed to any coverage last week, the Premier league are losing coverage to their season ticket holders so you must accept that there will be holes in the statement.

We know midweek away games will be available, but why do you need to know what it is today? Give the EFL / Sky etc chance to agree on how this package will work.

We will need to become account holders for opposition clubs for this to work, so very obvious why details are yet to be announced on how this works

The reduced capacity you mention isn't set in stone yet, Bristol Rugby stated they had applied to hold a test event up to 9,000 people, but had already announced their season cards would only be sold up to a maximum of 7,000.

Bristol Sport announced with 2m distancing we could get 5,000 in for football. But at 1m distancing could get up to 11,000 people in. That is why there is nothing more definate yet. Government guidelines are changing almost daily at the moment, so it makes sense for the club to err on the side of caution without making any statements about anticipated numbers returning.

It is obvious that we won't all be sitting in our usual seats, as common sense will explain why that won't happen. See my point above about how friends that follow Premier League teams have been asked to approach this.

Test events start at 15% of capacity, then the next three games are at 30% of capacity at present

But Twickenham are looking at holding 20,000 for an England Vs Barbarians match in a few weeks time so maybe number could be as much as 25% of capacity?

Just now, phantom said:

So do the math; how might that work with all existing ST holders? When working I saw some of the crowd modelling used for the London Olympics and unless very few spectators are allowed in any semblance normalcy goes out the window. Flow modelling essentially only works where individuals are allowed as much freedom as possible yet are syphoned into/out of controls. Less interaction the better.

If I have to be in my seat 90mins pre kick-off or wait 90 minutes to leave, what's the likelihood I'll do so?

Like with numpties who switch lanes in traffic jams when told to stay in lane it's the non-compliers who cause the pinch points. Missed your admittance time, do you wait until all others are in or push forward to then spend minutes arguing with other fans and stewards? Do we get exit times, if so who'd check and to what purpose?

4 minutes ago, Dynamite Red said:

The reason is because I live with someone who is in the high risk category, I would not want to risk taking a bus four times (only form of transport) back and forth to Ashton Gate then attend an event with thousands of people.

Why would I want to put a loved one at risk for the sake of a football game? I like many paid up before we fully knew how this pandemic would develop. Not a criticism but I hope you know understand why some do not feel comfortable returning under the current situation.

Thank you ??????

• Admin
8 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

? - I still cling to hope each game ?, although I see the atmosphere as the whole day. Love match day.

There will always be a risk, just reduced. Not a 'No' risk though.

Fair point, just with the right measures in place, it will be so small we will be ok (as long as all measure are followed)

Archived