IGNORED

Season Card / Streaming update

man in the middle

12 minutes ago, 'Pack' It In said:

Guys,

Maybe, I did not make myself clear.

I understood the refund, but wondered why there was not another option that gives you access to the stream instead, like last season?

I’ve got 4 season tickets I’ve paid for (5 if you count the other half’s one that he paid for in our household) we only need one matchday stream between us, so this way we get 4 refunds. 

It’s done this way because last season the government had shut down all stadia for the rest of the season and so there was no option for the final batch of games that we would get back in to watch in person. This season, it’s being done on a match by match basis, in the hope that at some point we’ll be allowed back in in some capacity. 

As others have said, you then use your refund to pay towards watching the game. 

On 03/09/2020 at 18:44, BTRFTG said:

So why isn't any if this detail hinted at in the message I've received from City ( couldn't give a flying about Bristol Sport and I don't follow any if their feeds.) If it's 5k fans what's that, somewhere between 1:4 or 1:3? How's that going to be allocated? If my son can go but I can't, how's he supposed to get to AG from London? Does his ticket go begging or will we have to bid and confirm attendance each time? How far ahead will that be for those who have other considerations? For evening matches and with the crap parking at AG, I struggle to get there for kick-off, so what's the point in giving me a ticket to be in my seat for 6:30pm.

Realistically, households will be able to attend and sit together, but will be 2m away from other people/social bubbles.  With regards to parking, yes it's awful.....but you're looking at what it's like in normal times with 20,000 people going.  This time you're looking at 5,000 people, some of which will be travelling together and some of which will also be on public transport.  There won't be so many parking issues while we're at reduced capacity.

3 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Wow.. Someone has managed to make what sounds like a moan out of the simplest, fairest, only real option, where the club have provided a no quibble refund of all monies due. 

?‍♂️

Not strictly true. If I wanted to be pedantic I'd argue that there should legally be a full refund option for anyone who needs it. At the time in which the service I've paid for is due to commence, I still don't have the option of a full refund, despite the other party clearly not being able to fulfil the obligations of the contract.

Conceivably I could be in a position where I paid £366 in full in Feb/Mar 2020 or whenever it was, and not be fully reimbursed until May of 2021. For the club to sit on your money for 14/15 months before it's repaid to you is fairly poor. When discussing this with fans of other clubs, it's evident that we are one of the earliest to expect fans to purchase season tickets. Fans of many other clubs hadn't even had the option of purchasing, and STs haven't even gone on sale at all.

I'm lucky in that I don't need the £366 back immediately, but I imagine there are hundreds, if not thousands of fans who have been financially affected by COVID and have purchased multiple season tickets at great expense, only to be waiting over a year for their money back, if things don't get back to normality.

I wouldn't say it's the fairest option at all. IMO it's a 'just about acceptable' policy, that everyone is thinking to be incredibly fair and generous purely because their attitude on such matters in the past has been so piss poor.

3 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I wouldn't say it's the fairest option at all. IMO it's a 'just about acceptable' policy, that everyone is thinking to be incredibly fair and generous purely because their attitude on such matters in the past has been so piss poor.

Why would they reimburse you for games yet to be played? 

I'm a bit annoyed they've not reimbursed me yet for the 10% discount I am missing out on for my half time pie & pint. I mean I know I haven't actually bought them, but I would've done for sure. Yet more sharp practice from Bristol Sport and the Lansdowns. The quicker they sell up and let someone who really cares about Bristol and Bristol City, the better. 

37 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Why would they reimburse you for games yet to be played? 

I'm a bit annoyed they've not reimbursed me yet for the 10% discount I am missing out on for my half time pie & pint. I mean I know I haven't actually bought them, but I would've done for sure. Yet more sharp practice from Bristol Sport and the Lansdowns. The quicker they sell up and let someone who really cares about Bristol and Bristol City, the better. 

I purchased a season ticket - an entitlement to attend every game and sit in my chosen seat. They cannot fulfil their promise to deliver that service. 

I think any good contract lawyer would be able to successfully argue that come 3pm on Saturday, the club is in breach of the contract between us. 

Of course it would never get to that point, but I think the club should have been offering full refunds to anyone who genuinely needed it, considering they paid upfront, months ago, for a 'product' that cannot be delivered.

I appreciate that it's not the club's fault, but it's not the supporters' either and some empathy for those in difficult financial circumstances goes a long way.

Assuming by the sarky reaction you are also in the lucky position of not NEEDING your money back, but not everyone is so fortunate, and have lost their jobs and livelihoods due to the pandemic.

There's a time for big corporate entities to do the bare legal minimum required and there's a time for them to take the lead and go above and beyond what's mandated by law.

Like I said the main irony is that fans of most other clubs haven't been put in this position, because their clubs weren't trying to milk them dry 6 months before the season even kicked off. Something to think about.....

26 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I purchased a season ticket - an entitlement to attend every game and sit in my chosen seat. They cannot fulfil their promise to deliver that service. 

I think any good contract lawyer would be able to successfully argue that come 3pm on Saturday, the club is in breach of the contract between us. 

Of course it would never get to that point, but I think the club should have been offering full refunds to anyone who genuinely needed it, considering they paid upfront, months ago, for a 'product' that cannot be delivered.

I appreciate that it's not the club's fault, but it's not the supporters' either and some empathy for those in difficult financial circumstances goes a long way.

Assuming by the sarky reaction you are also in the lucky position of not NEEDING your money back, but not everyone is so fortunate, and have lost their jobs and livelihoods due to the pandemic.

There's a time for big corporate entities to do the bare legal minimum required and there's a time for them to take the lead and go above and beyond what's mandated by law.

Like I said the main irony is that fans of most other clubs haven't been put in this position, because their clubs weren't trying to milk them dry 6 months before the season even kicked off. Something to think about.....

But that just puts the club at a huge disadvantage, if they don't sell tickets early, they won't be able to forecast revenue meaning they'll be planning blind. 

I think the club are being more than fair, you get refunded for the games you aren't legally able to attend, with the option of paying - if you want - a generally lower price to stream the game.

If you read the Fans Charter, you'll probably find that they club are more than covered Terms and Conditions wise (not that I've checked it). 

• Admin
30 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I purchased a season ticket - an entitlement to attend every game and sit in my chosen seat.

If the club refunded you in full, but from  January onwards everyone is allowed back in 

1 - What would you say if someone had your seat?

2 - Would you be happy to pay the increased ticket cost?

1 hour ago, BRISTOL86 said:

1. You are being reimbursed for games that are not open to fans.

2. When fans are allowed back you will get what you paid for.

3. A good contract lawyer would struggle to win a case in this scenario as the club are doing the 'right' thing.

4. I have no knowledge of the majority of Championship clubs but I do know that Swansea's season tickets go on sale in December with early bird offer to end of Jan.

5. I am truly sorry that you need the money at the moment but in normal times this situation would be no different to someone being made redundant and not affording to go to football. That is the peril of paying for something upfront.

4 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

1. You are being reimbursed for games that are not open to fans.

2. When fans are allowed back you will get what you paid for.

3. A good contract lawyer would struggle to win a case in this scenario as the club are doing the 'right' thing.

4. I have no knowledge of the majority of Championship clubs but I do know that Swansea's season tickets go on sale in December with early bird offer to end of Jan.

5. I am truly sorry that you need the money at the moment but in normal times this situation would be no different to someone being made redundant and not affording to go to football. That is the peril of paying for something upfront.

To add to that, if you are now that desperate for a full refund on something you purchased 6 months (or more) ago as your situation has changed, you might be better off using a monthly payment scheme or working out if a season ticket is the best use of your disposable income.

Appreciate that in these uncertain times, a lot of unexpected hardship has hit a lot of people and it couldn't have been forseen, but how far back do you go with things before you just need to accept that a game by game refund is a fair way of doing this and once we are allowed back in the stadium, the games you can attend won't require you to pay 30 or 40 quid to enjoy.

1 hour ago, phantom said:

If the club refunded you in full, but from  January onwards everyone is allowed back in 

1 - What would you say if someone had your seat?

2 - Would you be happy to pay the increased ticket cost?

In this scenario if you have elected voluntarily to take the full refund then of course your seat would be open for sale. 

It’s not even an option I would have taken but I think given that the club expect you to renew months before the current season is even over, offering a refund to those who have paid in full upfront, would have been an empathetic touch. 

31 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

1. You are being reimbursed for games that are not open to fans. Yes, I’m well aware of the situation

2. When fans are allowed back you will get what you paid for. Not strictly true but a point on semantics.

3. A good contract lawyer would struggle to win a case in this scenario as the club are doing the 'right' thing. Subjective but I don’t deny they’re taking a reasonably sensible approach overall to a difficult issue  

4. I have no knowledge of the majority of Championship clubs but I do know that Swansea's season tickets go on sale in December with early bird offer to end of Jan. At least 3 out of 4 people I spoke to said their clubs hadn’t even started selling season tickets when the season got suspended. On that basis it sounds as though we are amongst the earliest to start the renewals process. It’s something that really bothers me - when you buy a season ticket, you should 100% have the opportunity once the current season ends, to retain that seat at the best available price. You should not be forced into an early bird ‘deal’ months before the current season that you’ve paid for is over. 

5. I am truly sorry that you need the money at the moment but in normal times this situation would be no different to someone being made redundant and not affording to go to football. That is the peril of paying for something upfront. I don’t, as I’ve made clear at least twice in my posts above! But I have a lot of sympathy for those who do. You say it’s a ‘peril’ of paying upfront - I’ll spin that another way -  the most loyal fans who have given the club cash upfront are those who are the most affected financially.

• Admin
9 minutes ago, redpole said:

If I want to watch the full match on a Saturday online while we can, But don’t want to watch it live as I’m playing football as we can’t get into stadiums. Can I buy to watch the game Saturday and watch it in the evening??? Will it be replayed or a link to repeat??? 

Sadly not available 

14 minutes ago, redpole said:

If I want to watch the full match on a Saturday online while we can, But don’t want to watch it live as I’m playing football as we can’t get into stadiums. Can I buy to watch the game Saturday and watch it in the evening??? Will it be replayed or a link to repeat??? 

Can you not set it up to record whilst you are out ?

The email did not distinguish - I paid monthly this time around - and they have already taken some payments so I believe it is a refund because you have paid more than the 1/23. If they are still taking the monthly payments I don't think you ever quite reach the point where they would have repaid you more than you have paid already

1 hour ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

Would also like the answer to this 

I believe the answer is **** knows,

There are people i know who still haven't been charged for paying monthly because they have royally ****** it up (the club) 

Look at the mess they made refunding last season

25 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

I believe the answer is **** knows,

There are people i know who still haven't been charged for paying monthly because they have royally ****** it up (the club) 

Look at the mess they made refunding last season

What mess did they make with refunds last season?

I requested a refund and received said refund in a timely way.

Archived