IGNORED

Season Card / Streaming update

man in the middle

• Admin
13 minutes ago, David Woody said:

Not had a refund and I paid mine upfront. Didn’t the original email from the club say up to 7 days after the game for the refund?

I thought it said the first refund would be paid in the week up to the game. But depending on the banks we used was how long it would take

• Admin
14 minutes ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

That’s the one hahaha couldn’t make it up! I certainly won’t be purchasing robins TV for either game! Soccer Saturday is better anyway :laugh:

I would bet that nobody thought about checking to see if people could be refunded this way, judging by the IT upgrade and delay in repayment it is clear what the answer is

13 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Does this work on a smart TV? I don’t have a laptop and don’t fancy paying £10 to watch on a mobile.

Cheers

Will work fine via Firefox.  I have been watching without problem via fire fox app on my Amazon fire stick.  Saves plugging in the laptop

15 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Yeah use Firefox or similar. Or worst case scenario a HDMI cable from laptop. 

7 minutes ago, General Zod said:

Will work fine via Firefox.  I have been watching without problem via fire fox app on my Amazon fire stick.  Saves plugging in the laptop

Plugging in a laptop would be an issue if I had one.

Is Firefox a browser or download? Never used it before.

Cheers

22 minutes ago, 054123 said:

In what sense?

I can watch on my smart tv’s browser, but still have to pay £10

In the exact sense you have mentioned, cheers.

19 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Does this work on a smart TV? I don’t have a laptop and don’t fancy paying £10 to watch on a mobile.

Cheers

It depends on your smart tv. I have an LG and the app is not available from the store there. I tried going to the official site using the web browser (which is appalling) and was unable to get past the CAPTCHA security, I think it’s something to do with Flash? I have been using the Bluetooth casting from my laptop, which is mostly ok. I was casting something else from my wife’s chromebook the other day and it was excellent, so I may be borrowing that today. :) 

5 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

It depends on your smart tv. I have an LG and the app is not available from the store there. I tried going to the official site using the web browser (which is appalling) and was unable to get past the CAPTCHA security, I think it’s something to do with Flash? I have been using the Bluetooth casting from my laptop, which is mostly ok. I was casting something else from my wife’s chromebook the other day and it was excellent, so I may be borrowing that today. :) 

Have a Sony Bravia but the 2019 model. Might just have to give it a go and see, thanks

1 hour ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Have a Sony Bravia but the 2019 model. Might just have to give it a go and see, thanks

My dad has a Sony Bravia 2019 model, and the built in web browser worked for him post Covid.

Its a bit of a pain having to type in your login / password using your tv remote....so worth getting yourself onto the web page now, typing it in, so you’re ready later.

Shout if any probs.

2 hours ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Cheers

Presume your can connect your phone to your TV? I haven’t tried that but I have connected my phone to a PC monitor and watched it in that. Works well. 

21 hours ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

That’s the one hahaha couldn’t make it up! I certainly won’t be purchasing robins TV for either game! Soccer Saturday is better anyway :laugh:

Oh come on, the club is no different from any other business in that they are having to make changes to processes that were never intended to deal with these unprecedented circumstances. It’s so ******* easy to sit there saying “ha they screwed up again”, like you would have thought of every eventuality and had the software designed to deal with any problem no matter what they might be.

8 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Oh come on, the club is no different from any other business in that they are having to make changes to processes that were never intended to deal with these unprecedented circumstances. It’s so ******* easy to sit there saying “ha they screwed up again”, like you would have thought of every eventuality and had the software designed to deal with any problem no matter what they might be.

I would say they have known for a couple of months no fans are allowed in till October the earliest. 
Could of quite easily sorted the systems in July or August.

54 minutes ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

I would say they have known for a couple of months no fans are allowed in till October the earliest. 
Could of quite easily sorted the systems in July or August.

Easily? I am assuming this is not in house software so they will be dealing with developers who will probably have more than one client who would want apply different rules to how any changes are managed. Any patches or updates they come up with then have to be applied, tested and checked, normally to a test environment before being applied live. All this in a period when companies are mainly WFH, furloughing and dealing with other staffing issues.

As an example the company I currently working (I leave at the end of October) are a major provider of payroll software. They would normally issue maybe 1 or 2 patches a year to their main version of the system, they have sent out 9 in the last 6 months. Whilst I and a few others have been furloughed, the developers and testers have been working overtime and weekends. 
But I am sure you are right, it should be “easily adapted”. 

Archived