IGNORED

Season Card / Streaming update

man in the middle

23 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Easily? I am assuming this is not in house software so they will be dealing with developers who will probably have more than one client who would want apply different rules to how any changes are managed. Any patches or updates they come up with then have to be applied, tested and checked, normally to a test environment before being applied live. All this in a period when companies are mainly WFH, furloughing and dealing with other staffing issues.

As an example the company I currently working (I leave at the end of October) are a major provider of payroll software. They would normally issue maybe 1 or 2 patches a year to their main version of the system, they have sent out 9 in the last 6 months. Whilst I and a few others have been furloughed, the developers and testers have been working overtime and weekends. 
But I am sure you are right, it should be “easily adapted”. 

The club have said refunds will be done by Sheff Wednesday. That is only 2 weeks to sort so seems pretty easy.

33 minutes ago, jaydee=inspiration said:

Anyone not had their ST pro rata refund that was supposed to be refunded between the 5th-10th Sept?

I pay monthly for my ST in the SS, so not sure whether this is why they are delaying my payment. Nothing in my bank acc or refunded to my CC?!?

You should have had an email. Those who pay monthly will receive a double refund along with their refund for the Sheffield Wednesday game. 

I paid £10 logged in and although it said that I had paid at the bottom of the page it said that I was not logged in even though my name was at the top of the page this happened for the Saturday match as well so from now on I shall listen on the radio as I have already wasted £30 (tried buying Northampton game twice ) and city were no help when they phoned after an e mail.

8 minutes ago, Redandproud said:

Just heard on BBC news, football fans may not be allowed in grounds untill next year at the earliest due to second wave of the virus, and football could be suspended again before Christmas, so how do we get a refund of S/T which I've already paid in full, any suggestions on this, 

As it stands, you’ll continue to get match by match refunds, like you should’ve got for Coventry, until such point as the club change the process.

I expect the club will continue to do what they have started - each week a refund for the upcoming home match will be made and then you can choose to pay for Robins TV should you wish.

With no one knowing when/if fans will return this seems the fairest thing for the club to do.

I doubt they would want to issue total refunds at this point. 

18 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Don't imagine that process will change, it works well as it is.

Yes, was thinking more a dramatic decision, such as football cannot have crowds all season, forcing a potential re-think of refund strategy.  As it stands, it’s fit for purpose.

8 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Not had a refund yet

Have you chased the SLO or Supporter Services?

NOTE TO DIRECT DEBIT SUPPORTERS

Many thanks for your continued support and we hope it will not be too long before we are able to see you at Ashton Gate again.
In the meantime we are working hard to process all refunds for the Coventry City game and the majority of these have now been completed.
There is an unplanned but necessary upgrade to the system used to facilitate your refund, due to paying by direct debit, and we are working through these as quickly as we can to ensure this is carried out accurately.
You will receive a refund for both the Coventry City and Sheffield Wednesday matches which will be credited to you by the end of the month. 
Please note that if you are in arrears you will not receive a refund.
Once again, thank you for your patience and understanding.

OK, so I'm pretty sure a lot of our games this season are gonna get switched to a Sunday, which will **** me up as I have to work.

So the question this leads me onto is, has anyone downloaded any free 'live stream recording' software that they can recommend before I start searching around the net? Pretty sure the pause button doesn't work and there is no way to re-watch the stream afterwards?!?

Of course, this requires me to take a break around 30 mins before to set things up, but thats not a massive problem in terms of being 5mins away from my workplace.

Archived