Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

Season Card / Streaming update


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, phantom said:

I really don't want to come across as not understanding or being insensitive, it's hard to write in the correct tone

I was identified as being in that high risk category too back in March, but there is no such thing as a high risk category anymore, that all stopped at the start of August.

I appreciate that you don't want to take the risk of getting the four buses, and realise why. But if you wear a face covering you will be fine and able to travel to a game.

I've worked on getting offices reopened for Medical assessments through my work, and also in my personal life to get a social club reopened, and I have read and spoken to many people with similar reservations as yours. All I can add, on a Monday afternoon in our social club we regularly host 40+ pensioners who use our club for a weekly get together. They had originally said they wouldn't feel comfortable about getting the bus and then sitting around people.

So we arranged for someone to go and meet them (an elderly couple) and walked with them to the bus etc, sat near them on the bus and brought them to the club. Showed them around and once they witnessed how safe it was on public transport and using the new socially distanced seating in our club they are now restarting this club on Monday as they fed back it honestly isn't as bad in reality as it seems.

I know everyone is different, but I would honestly say once you have done it once you will be happier.

There is still a category of high risk, just that the numbers that fall into it are much smaller than the original 1.5m they put into “shielding” / clinically vulnerable.  I can’t remember exactly but it’s something like 70k.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

There is still a category of high risk, just that the numbers that fall into it are much smaller than the original 1.5m they put into “shielding” / clinically vulnerable.  I can’t remember exactly but it’s something like 70k.

There is a "higher risk" group, but there are no groups advised to self isolate anymore

image.png

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Already confirmed U12 get free home shirt only. P&P who knows. Maybe JET can deliver it? 

 

22 minutes ago, chowie said:

Oh, ok missed that.. Thanks 😊 

Was finally confirmed this afternoon https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/city-rewards-scheme-returns-for-202021-season/ though had been mentioned in the season card information

image.png

1 minute ago, cidercity1987 said:

Are season tickets still on sale? Can't find a link to buy anywhere on the website or on my login

No longer on sale

https://tickets.bristol-sport.co.uk/Subscriptions

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, phantom said:

 

Was finally confirmed this afternoon https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/city-rewards-scheme-returns-for-202021-season/ though had been mentioned in the season card information

image.png

No longer on sale

https://tickets.bristol-sport.co.uk/Subscriptions

Thanks Phamtom, the link says everything except that tickets are no longer on sale. Very confusing.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I personally think going back to football in any form without any vaccine on the horizon is a high risk for me. I preferred that my season ticket money for this season would instead be transferred to the following season. Fingers crossed that things would be safer by then.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

You look forward to working with them...

So have SCAT worked with the club on the current deal? I thought as an organisation you were mostly ignored these days (by the club).

Sure I read somewhere else on here that there has - not surprisingly - been no engagement with the SCAT by the football club. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, phantom said:

Masks don't have to be worn in seats anyway, only from entering the ground to sitting in your seat requires one to be worn

With the distancing and ventilation of being outdoors there is no identifiable threat

So have they banned chanting and shouting? I'm regularly encounter spittle from those a few rows back when they're in full vent (accidentally of course.)

Outdoors diminishes the risk of picking up Covid but the threat still remains. For example, Dolman rake is quite steep hence it has handrails. Wouldn't wish to be touching them anytime soon.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

You look forward to working with them...

So have SCAT worked with the club on the current deal? I thought as an organisation you were mostly ignored these days (by the club).

They didn't consult with us on the deal for the behind closed doors games, but have indicated a desire to do so on the arrangements for the next stage, and we naturally welcome that.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Blagdon red said:

They didn't consult with us on the deal for the behind closed doors games, but have indicated a desire to do so on the arrangements for the next stage, and we naturally welcome that.

That is good news. In a way. 

The current refund/streaming strategy is so positive they get all the praise. Get the SCAT on board for a potentially controversial “fans return” and blame you if it goes tits!

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Blagdon red said:

They didn't consult with us on the deal for the behind closed doors games, but have indicated a desire to do so on the arrangements for the next stage, and we naturally welcome that.

That's great news.

Maybe it has dawned on them that the son of a billionaire and a couple of six figure salary suits might not have the skills to read the room that is 'the normal people'.

Good luck!

But I would ask you try and gauge opinion of fans, rather than the absolute balls-up made of the 'fan of the year' award last season.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

That is good news. In a way. 

The current refund/streaming strategy is so positive they get all the praise. Get the SCAT on board for a potentially controversial “fans return” and blame you if it goes tits!

There is always a risk when being involved in consultation that our input will not be taken on board and an unsatisfactory offer will be put out, supposedly with our seal of approval. But we don't believe that is their intention and would, in any case, rather be involved in the discussions so that we can try to help them avoid any pitfalls than be totally excluded from them only to find later that the proposed offer has flaws in it that we could have flagged up.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Whilst BCFC have done the best they can probably do at this stage, I still feel something is seriously wrong with the pricing that the EFL & Sky have set out. 
 

£10 to stream every game. So that’s 23 home games = £230 for the season + 23 away games = £460 for the season. 
 

As I posted earlier in this thread, I subscribe to NFL Game Pass which costs me £143.99 for the whole season and I can watch EVERY SINGLE GAME OF EVERY SINGLE TEAM.  
 

I just don’t think £460 to watch 46 games on the tele is value for money. 
 

I hope the club go back to putting the ‘Full 90’ on the website so that we can all have access to watch the full game a day or two later for free. There’ll still be plenty of take up on the £10 streams as most people would want to know the live score, but I’m happy to pay the £10 sometimes when I’m free but have the liberty to watch the game replay in full the next day. 
 

@Blagdon red please could the SC&T put some pressure on the club to offer the ‘Full 90’ on the website the day after a match. They always used to but apparently (as I was told on twitter by our media dept) they stopped doing it because it “takes ages to upload”. 
 

We need access to the game replay in full. Lots of other clubs do it, and we did historically, they shouldn’t cease doing this because it’s too much of a job for the media assistant to load it up!! 

Edited by Harry
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Blagdon red said:

There is always a risk when being involved in consultation that our input will not be taken on board and an unsatisfactory offer will be put out, supposedly with our seal of approval. But we don't believe that is their intention and would, in any case, rather be involved in the discussions so that we can try to help them avoid any pitfalls than be totally excluded from them only to find later that the proposed offer has flaws in it that we could have flagged up.

Surely the trust should demand (politely!) to be involved in all things that impact your members/fans? 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Blagdon red said:

There is always a risk when being involved in consultation that our input will not be taken on board and an unsatisfactory offer will be put out, supposedly with our seal of approval. But we don't believe that is their intention and would, in any case, rather be involved in the discussions so that we can try to help them avoid any pitfalls than be totally excluded from them only to find later that the proposed offer has flaws in it that we could have flagged up.

Thankfully you have the right to reply on here/SCAT website if they do ignore some common sense advice.

But fingers crossed they will either have a good proposal or will go in to any meeting without blinkers on.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Harry said:

Whilst BCFC have done the best they can probably do at this stage, I still feel something is seriously wrong with the pricing that the EFL & Sky have set out. 
 

£10 to stream every game. So that’s 23 home games = £230 for the season + 23 away games = £460 for the season. 
 

As I posted earlier in this thread, I subscribe to NFL Game Pass which costs me £143.99 for the whole season and I can watch EVERY SINGLE GAME OF EVERY SINGLE TEAM.  
 

I just don’t think £460 to watch 46 games on the tele is value for money. 
 

I hope the club go back to putting the ‘Full 90’ on the website so that we can all have access to watch the full game a day or two later for free. There’ll still be plenty of take up on the £10 streams as most people would want to know the live score, but I’m happy to pay the £10 sometimes when I’m free but have the liberty to watch the game replay in full the next day. 
 

@Blagdon red please could the SC&T put some pressure on the club to offer the ‘Full 90’ on the website the day after a match. They always used to but apparently (as I was told on twitter by our media dept) they stopped doing it because it “takes ages to upload”. 
 

We need access to the game replay in full. Lots of other clubs do it, and we did historically, they shouldn’t cease doing this because it’s too much of a job for the media assistant to load it up!! 

I do think there should be a season ticket option for the streaming, but I'm also sure that they are hoping it won't be too long before fans (limited numbers) will be able to attend again. 

The club have made this simple and fair and the pricing, by the EFL is out of their hands. 

Hopefully it will only be a month or 2 and then a staggered return to attending will be possible. 

Streaming isn't usual allowed in the UK, so I'm sure it's not something they want to be a long term solution, but is a good option in the current circumstances. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

@Harry Yes, we'll ask them to make a full match replay available as soon as possible after the game.

@Rocky We can only ask to be involved, which we do constantly. Thankfully on this occasion they have proactively indicated a wish to have us participate.

@Bristol Rob Yes, we can always express criticism on here and/or our website. But we much prefer to be supportive in advance and thus to help the club avoid doing anything that warrants criticism from us.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Harry said:

Whilst BCFC have done the best they can probably do at this stage, I still feel something is seriously wrong with the pricing that the EFL & Sky have set out. 
 

£10 to stream every game. So that’s 23 home games = £230 for the season + 23 away games = £460 for the season. 
 

As I posted earlier in this thread, I subscribe to NFL Game Pass which costs me £143.99 for the whole season and I can watch EVERY SINGLE GAME OF EVERY SINGLE TEAM.  
 

I just don’t think £460 to watch 46 games on the tele is value for money. 
 

I hope the club go back to putting the ‘Full 90’ on the website so that we can all have access to watch the full game a day or two later for free. There’ll still be plenty of take up on the £10 streams as most people would want to know the live score, but I’m happy to pay the £10 sometimes when I’m free but have the liberty to watch the game replay in full the next day. 
 

@Blagdon red please could the SC&T put some pressure on the club to offer the ‘Full 90’ on the website the day after a match. They always used to but apparently (as I was told on twitter by our media dept) they stopped doing it because it “takes ages to upload”. 
 

We need access to the game replay in full. Lots of other clubs do it, and we did historically, they shouldn’t cease doing this because it’s too much of a job for the media assistant to load it up!! 

I’ve been saying similar....£460 is a lot for a season’s streaming pass (add at least 2x£10 for the cup games too).  It’s not a superior product / broadcast like Sky Sports, it’s in 1080i (may even be 720p during the match) amongst other things.

Its incomparable to going to a match, and although cheaper than buying tickets, travel, etc etc it’s not quite comparing apples and pears.

I’m hoping we get a few games on Sky personally, as that will lower the cost a bit for me too.

I shall certainly be checking out VPN airways again, unless the “streaming pass” offers a different pricing model (not sure how it will if EFL have set pricing).

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CyderInACan said:

That is good news. In a way. 

The current refund/streaming strategy is so positive they get all the praise. Get the SCAT on board for a potentially controversial “fans return” and blame you if it goes tits!

My first thought when I read Mike's post !   If there' a massive covid outbreak related to a game attended by fans. It was the SCAT wot done it.

They will be what "The Science" is to Boris.,😄😄

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I’ve been saying similar....£460 is a lot for a season’s streaming pass (add at least 2x£10 for the cup games too).  It’s not a superior product / broadcast like Sky Sports, it’s in 1080i (may even be 720p during the match) amongst other things.

Its incomparable to going to a match, and although cheaper than buying tickets, travel, etc etc it’s not quite comparing apples and pears.

I’m hoping we get a few games on Sky personally, as that will lower the cost a bit for me too.

I shall certainly be checking out VPN airways again, unless the “streaming pass” offers a different pricing model (not sure how it will if EFL have set pricing).

That works on the assumption that people will stream every game, from my 'live' football viewing habits, I tend to only go to home games and I listen to the radio for away games.

So personally (and assuming we don't get to go to games this season) streaming will work out cheaper for me than attending as my Dolman ticket pro-rata is more per game than attending (although attending would be my preference).

Having the option of watching the away games as well is a welcome bonus, and depending on how we are doing/who we are playing, I may decide to pay to stream some or all away games (which you'd have to buy tickets for that would cost way over a tenner).

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Harry said:

Whilst BCFC have done the best they can probably do at this stage, I still feel something is seriously wrong with the pricing that the EFL & Sky have set out. 
 

£10 to stream every game. So that’s 23 home games = £230 for the season + 23 away games = £460 for the season. 
 

As I posted earlier in this thread, I subscribe to NFL Game Pass which costs me £143.99 for the whole season and I can watch EVERY SINGLE GAME OF EVERY SINGLE TEAM.  
 

I just don’t think £460 to watch 46 games on the tele is value for money. 
 

I hope the club go back to putting the ‘Full 90’ on the website so that we can all have access to watch the full game a day or two later for free. There’ll still be plenty of take up on the £10 streams as most people would want to know the live score, but I’m happy to pay the £10 sometimes when I’m free but have the liberty to watch the game replay in full the next day. 
 

@Blagdon red please could the SC&T put some pressure on the club to offer the ‘Full 90’ on the website the day after a match. They always used to but apparently (as I was told on twitter by our media dept) they stopped doing it because it “takes ages to upload”. 
 

We need access to the game replay in full. Lots of other clubs do it, and we did historically, they shouldn’t cease doing this because it’s too much of a job for the media assistant to load it up!! 

It's not a technical issue.

The problem with your proposal is Sky own exclusive rights for ALL live EFL broadcasts (and that includes re-runs or highlights.) This doesn't just include the 138 matches they cover, it's ALL games irrespective of whether Sky cover them. That's the deal they've just concluded with the EFL to allow others (clubs) to market live games over which they hold property rights. It was also the bit last year when the EFL sold additional, restricted live rights with some clubs claiming they knew nothing of the deal (Red Button issue.)

Pitch International own similar for overseas rights.

NFL Game Pass is a good comparison given its only available to those outside North America & China (latter excluded for rights infringements.) Unlike the EFL The NFL own & produce content via their various broadcast partners. They're hugely protective of their intellectual property hence licence broadcasters to produce and disseminate under their control. They're not the EFL who simply offload everything to a partner and look to bank the cash. Of which I fully expect The Browns to disappoint me yet again, flattering if only to deceive and managing to chuck games they should win.

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • elhombrecito changed the title to Robins TV Queries (Merged)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...