Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Season Card / Streaming update


Recommended Posts

31 minutes ago, jaydee=inspiration said:

OK, so I'm pretty sure a lot of our games this season are gonna get switched to a Sunday, which will **** me up as I have to work.

So the question this leads me onto is, has anyone downloaded any free 'live stream recording' software that they can recommend before I start searching around the net? Pretty sure the pause button doesn't work and there is no way to re-watch the stream afterwards?!?

Of course, this requires me to take a break around 30 mins before to set things up, but thats not a massive problem in terms of being 5mins away from my workplace.

You could use OBS to record it.  Quite simple to set up and generally works well

https://obsproject.com/

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Marvin said:

 

NOTE TO DIRECT DEBIT SUPPORTERS

 
 

Many thanks for your continued support and we hope it will not be too long before we are able to see you at Ashton Gate again.
In the meantime we are working hard to process all refunds for the Coventry City game and the majority of these have now been completed.
There is an unplanned but necessary upgrade to the system used to facilitate your refund, due to paying by direct debit, and we are working through these as quickly as we can to ensure this is carried out accurately.
You will receive a refund for both the Coventry City and Sheffield Wednesday matches which will be credited to you by the end of the month. 
Please note that if you are in arrears you will not receive a refund.
Once again, thank you for your patience and understanding.

Will be worth keeping an eye on this 

 

1 hour ago, jaydee=inspiration said:

OK, so I'm pretty sure a lot of our games this season are gonna get switched to a Sunday, which will **** me up as I have to work.

So the question this leads me onto is, has anyone downloaded any free 'live stream recording' software that they can recommend before I start searching around the net? Pretty sure the pause button doesn't work and there is no way to re-watch the stream afterwards?!?

Of course, this requires me to take a break around 30 mins before to set things up, but thats not a massive problem in terms of being 5mins away from my workplace.

The shame is that the club don't have the full game available like they used to.

I hate to say I have seen this question asked a number of times and never seen a positive response

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

Might be worth logging out & back in? I definitely didn’t get that.

When I clicked to register, it asked me which match I wished to pay for, I clicked City, I then registered & paid. Nothing about redeeming codes.

I think I’ve got it sussed! Checked live devices in the house! 2 iOS devices are secure and have VPN permanently on and are linked to pc pad and iCloud - so I have now turned off the protected devices and it works, streaming no longer geoblocking!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, dave36 said:

I think I’ve got it sussed! Checked live devices in the house! 2 iOS devices are secure and have VPN permanently on and are linked to pc pad and iCloud - so I have now turned off the protected devices and it works, streaming no longer geoblocking!

VPN permanently on? You must be watching some pretty dodgy stuff . . . :whistle2:

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Bernard Lerring said:

I pay for 2 season tickets. Haven't been refunded for or emailed about either. 

It's a shame the modernisation of most things at the club in recent years hasn't stretched to fairly basic administration tasks 

Assume that you have contacted the club to chase this up?

What have they advised?

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, phantom said:

Assume that you have contacted the club to chase this up?

What have they advised?

Its not the end of the month yet - another week to go. I havent been refunded yet - im expecting month end to literally be the last day 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Its not the end of the month yet - another week to go. I havent been refunded yet - im expecting month end to literally be the last day 

Ahh, you are in the direct debit waiting game too

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, phantom said:

Will be worth keeping an eye on this 

 

The shame is that the club don't have the full game available like they used to.

I hate to say I have seen this question asked a number of times and never seen a positive response

Could well be income related? How many fans would choose to wait 2 days to watch the full 90 for free rather than paying to watch it live

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Obviously no Toby plus one on comms tonight as no Robinstv.  So expect a ****fest over Grealish whether he’s playing or not.

It’ll be going on mute then, they have absolutely no hope of me listening to someone creaming themselves over that tosser!

(And no, I don’t like him).

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/09/2020 at 10:03, Davefevs said:

Yes, was thinking more a dramatic decision, such as football cannot have crowds all season, forcing a potential re-think of refund strategy.  As it stands, it’s fit for purpose.

 

The chances of watching a live game this season  has receded dramatically now and I cannot see club issuing refund for whole season in one hit. 

I think what they are doing is fair and while I find Robins TV an ‘OK watch’ now, my stance is by at least buying the matches you are at least putting a few quid back into the coffers.  Funded by the returns they give you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Anyone know if the stream from the Carabaocup.live site can be watched on more than one device at once? 

I have two devices ready to try it as soon as it broadcasts.  I can certainly see the “video window” on 2 devices at the same time....but of course nothing is playing yet.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/09/2020 at 14:08, Lrrr said:

Could well be income related? How many fans would choose to wait 2 days to watch the full 90 for free rather than paying to watch it live

It’s not Covid-income related. 
They stopped doing it last season. Only a few games appeared as Full 90. The last one being Luton in December. 
I was told by the media team that “it takes ages to upload”. 
So it’s laziness / incompetence. Not financial. 
Which is pretty awful really. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...