IGNORED

International watch- Decent start

Mr Popodopolous

May as well keep this updated via the International break.

Morrell- Win in Finland. Vs a fellow qualifier, decent.

Nagy- Win in Turkey. That one's pretty good IMO, they went unbeaten at home and zero conceded at home in fact in qualifying for Euro 2020, in a group which contained France and Iceland. Again vs a qualifier for Euro 2020.

O'Dowda- Draw in Bulgaria- not bad. May have been aiming for a bit more though.

Ratings albeit SofaScore look encouraging too- as does the odd metric.

Morrell- 7.4. Metric of choice- Pass completion. 44/48 completed, 92%. Was one of two in front of the back 4 in a 4-2-3-1. More fluid in practice? Played the full 90. Could argue it can drop into a central 3 as well with Jonny Willams central in the '3'.

Nagy- 7.1. Metric of choice- Pass completion. 49/52 completed, 94%. Was playing in the middle of a CM 3 in a 4-3-1-2. More fluid shape in practice? Played the full 90.

O'Dowda- 7.3. Metric of choice- Successful dribbles. 5/6 won, 83%. Was wide right in a 4-3-3 was how it was laid out. Played 74 minutes.

All 3 completed 90 mins as well.

Tells me that in the right sort of shape in the case of the first two, we do have technical CMs. O'Dowda I'm less sold on but that was encouraging- good metric, shows he can run at the opposition pretty well which we know is in his locker- his pass completion also was strong. (25 successful passes or 89%).

• The title was changed to International watch- Decent start

Nagy seems to be getting some credit/be getting noticed too by a few Turkey fans. Google Translate is ropey but a few Tweets- as per Google Translate!

https://twitter.com/search?q="ADAM NAGY"&src=typed_query&f=live

Worth Google Translating, they seem quite impressed- I think! One also without a need to translate, that we can all understand ⬇️

Good technically for sure- let's hope we can see him at his best this season. Quite a bit of CM competition though, which is good.

I watched a bit of the 2nd half of the Fin v. Wal game. Thought the same as the stat above proved, Morrell rarely wastes the ball, nothing too flash but he knows where the ball is going before he gets it. Shows well and makes space for himself cleverly. Really looking forward to seeing him tomorrow. 

5 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

May as well keep this updated via the International break.

Morrell- Win in Finland. Vs a fellow qualifier, decent.

Nagy- Win in Turkey. That one's pretty good IMO, they went unbeaten at home and zero conceded at home in fact in qualifying for Euro 2020, in a group which contained France and Iceland. Again vs a qualifier for Euro 2020.

O'Dowda- Draw in Bulgaria- not bad. May have been aiming for a bit more though.

Ratings albeit SofaScore look encouraging too- as does the odd metric.

Morrell- 7.4. Metric of choice- Pass completion. 44/48 completed, 92%. Was one of two in front of the back 4 in a 4-2-3-1. More fluid in practice? Played the full 90. Could argue it can drop into a central 3 as well with Jonny Willams central in the '3'.

Nagy- 7.1. Metric of choice- Pass completion. 49/52 completed, 94%. Was playing in the middle of a CM 3 in a 4-3-1-2. More fluid shape in practice? Played the full 90.

O'Dowda- 7.3. Metric of choice- Successful dribbles. 5/6 won, 83%. Was wide right in a 4-3-3 was how it was laid out. Played 74 minutes.

All 3 completed 90 mins as well.

Tells me that in the right sort of shape in the case of the first two, we do have technical CMs. O'Dowda I'm less sold on but that was encouraging- good metric, shows he can run at the opposition pretty well which we know is in his locker- his pass completion also was strong. (25 successful passes or 89%).

o’dowda Got subbed off.

4 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

I watched a bit of the 2nd half of the Fin v. Wal game. Thought the same as the stat above proved, Morrell rarely wastes the ball, nothing too flash but he knows where the ball is going before he gets it. Shows well and makes space for himself cleverly. Really looking forward to seeing him tomorrow. 

Agreed he looked quality.

He won't be playing for us tomorrow though as is staying with the Wales squad for their game at home to Bulgaria (again in the Uefa Nations League) on Sunday.

3 minutes ago, WirralRobin said:

Agreed he looked quality.

He won't be playing for us tomorrow though as is staying with the Wales squad for their game at home to Bulgaria (again in the Uefa Nations League) on Sunday.

Bugger. You’re right of course. Still, tmrw is City v. Exeter followed immediately by Iceland v. England

6 hours ago, glen humphries said:

6 hours ago, glen humphries said:

o’dowda Got subbed off.

Ah yeah, so he did. Typed in a bit of a hurry.

Getting MOTM bodes quite well though. We've not really seen much of him delivering consistently for us except that period Autumn 2017 when he seemed to be averaging q goal or assist every game! Nothing like since that long term injury.

Kalas had a good time of it tonight. Again using SofaScore as my site!

3-1 win in Slovakia- bit of a local derby. Slovakia not as strong as some of the others but they're a reasonable 2nd tier European nation.

Kalas- 7.0. Metric of choice? There's a few in which he excelled tbh! Duels won. Had 9 duels in total- won 3/5 on the Ground and 3/4 in the Air.

It's secondary but his technical ability came out well too- 50/55 passes completed. To pick out a little from that, again showing how he can be suitable to playing in a medium-higher line, he attempted 19 passes in the opposition half- and completed 18 of them, or 95%!

Completed the 90.

Of course, there are areas in which all of them can improve- but they can all take confidence, so far.

Well that's 2 very tidy and disciplined performances from JM.

Nothing too exciting but looked as if he'd done exactly what was asked of him.

Doesn't look out of place in that Wales side, don't think he would look out of place in our side in a similar role either.

13 minutes ago, Gazred said:

Well that's 2 very tidy and disciplined performances from JM.

Nothing too exciting but looked as if he'd done exactly what was asked of him.

Doesn't look out of place in that Wales side, don't think he would look out of place in our side in a similar role either.

Very controlled, always getting into space to receive the ball and recycling it quickly. Looks a mature and intelligent player to me.

6 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Very controlled, always getting into space to receive the ball and recycling it quickly. Looks a mature and intelligent player to me.

Agree. I watched him closely and he is constantly checking his positioning not just ball watching.

Didn’t make it to half time, I’m afraid. Game so dull to watch, I switched to the 20-20 cricket. For the time that I was watching, though, I kept my focus almost entirely on Morrell, as there was very little else to hold my attention. Very steady, very disciplined. Reminds me of Gary O’Neill in the way he plays. (And I mean that as a compliment. I have always felt that if GON had remained fit and, equally important, in favour, during his time here, we would have been more successful. Solid, calming influence.)

Am very encouraged at the way Joe is steadily accumulating valuable experience. Will be disappointed if he doesn’t get a significant amount of game time for City this season.

Archived