IGNORED

International watch- Decent start

Mr Popodopolous

Was out earlier so just finished watching the Wales game.  Joe Morrell is so important to Wales in the role he plays.  Wales were a bit “safe” first half, but towards the end of the 1st half they just pressed a bit higher.  Were better in the 2nd half, Morrell 5-10 yards higher and make some runs forward.  He just doesn’t give the ball away and is so calm when being pressed.  Another very mature performance.

16 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Was out earlier so just finished watching the Wales game.  Joe Morrell is so important to Wales in the role he plays.  Wales were a bit “safe” first half, but towards the end of the 1st half they just pressed a bit higher.  Were better in the 2nd half, Morrell 5-10 yards higher and make some runs forward.  He just doesn’t give the ball away and is so calm when being pressed.  Another very mature performance.

Involved 3 times in the move that led to the goal too. 
Does the simple things really well, keeping possession, enabling a team to pass and probe and gradually create chances. 
I would love Joe to be our lynchpin CM this year. 

5 minutes ago, Harry said:

Does the simple things really well, keeping possession, enabling a team to pass and probe and gradually create chances. 

I don’t know too much about him but you would have thought that this is surely the year he is going to get an opportunity for  us 

5 minutes ago, Harry said:

How good is his awareness and positioning off the ball?  How often did Lockyer and Ampadu have to worry about balls into the striker’s feet?  Rare!

His constant checking and organising belies his years...especially at international level, where he is a novice in reality.  His team mates trust his instruction and do what they’re told.  That’s huge really.

6 minutes ago, Super said:

Wales are miles better than League one level. Ridiculous.

Hennessy - Prem

Roberts - Champ

Lockyer - Champ

Ampadu - Prem / Bundesliga loan last season

Davies - Prem

Morrell - Champ

Smith - Prem / Champ loan last season 

Brooks - Champ

Bale - La Liga

Moore - Champ

James - Prem

Not one Lg1 player in their starting line-up!

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Hennessy - Prem

Roberts - Champ

Lockyer - Champ

Davies - Prem

Morrell - Champ

Brooks - Champ

Bale - La Liga

Moore - Champ

James - Prem

Not forgetting the goalscorer today who has just signed a new contract at Liverpool!

27 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Hennessy - Prem

Roberts - Champ

Lockyer - Champ

Davies - Prem

Morrell - Champ

Brooks - Champ

Bale - La Liga

Moore - Champ

James - Prem

Morrell has spent the last 3? Seasons in league one, hardly constitutes a champ player yet! Ampadu ain't no prem player and couldn't get in the german side last year while on loan

9 minutes ago, frenchred said:

Morrell has spent the last 3? Seasons in league one, hardly constitutes a champ player yet! Ampadu ain't no prem player and couldn't get in the german side last year while on loan

It’s less bollocks than stating they’re a Lg1 side. ??‍♂️

@Harry

Passing, Ball Recoveries, Interceptions!!!

AA3417D1-0815-453F-B033-7A364C8E7DAF.jpeg

FBB8DAC7-0C91-4579-9877-17F366C2EFF8.jpeg

2AFBB255-1C23-4DF8-83C9-E7E2336EEFFB.jpeg

10 minutes ago, frenchred said:

Thats a pretty weak retort.

Just now, Davefevs said:

It’s less bollocks than stating they’re a Lg1 side. ??‍♂️

@Harry

Passing, Ball Recoveries, Interceptions!!!

AA3417D1-0815-453F-B033-7A364C8E7DAF.jpeg

FBB8DAC7-0C91-4579-9877-17F366C2EFF8.jpeg

2AFBB255-1C23-4DF8-83C9-E7E2336EEFFB.jpeg

The beauty of having a system to fall back on - I only saw one misplaced pass..

Not bad from a "L1 player" in an international game.

Joe is fast becoming the first name on the Wales teamsheet - and I wouldn't bet against him becoming one of the first names on the sheet for City this season.

So, have all of our internationals are done for this weekend.

• Morrell and Nagy came through unscathed
  • O’Dowda has picked up a groin injury, we don’t know how bad
  • Kalas is a bit of an unknown after Czech Republic have named a new squad after the coach caught covid.

BBC sport says players are in quarantine....but we don’t know who or how long for.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

So, have all of our internationals are done for this weekend.

• Morrell and Nagy came through unscathed
  • O’Dowda has picked up a groin injury, we don’t know how bad
  • Kalas is a bit of an unknown after Czech Republic have named a new squad after the coach caught covid.

BBC sport says players are in quarantine....but we don’t know who or how long for.

Was it the coach ? Thought it was a backroom member of staff and only two players were in contact with him but tested negative ?

All the original squad tested negative and will obviously be tested on return. I think the City players are tested through the week.

Seems a bit of a farce.

5 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Was it the coach ? Thought it was a backroom member of staff and only two players were in contact with him but tested negative ?

All the original squad tested negative and will obviously be tested on return. I think the City players are tested through the week.

Seems a bit of a farce.

Yes it was.  I guess the danger is that transmission can take a couple/few days so hopefully next test will be negative too.  I guess Kalas will be tested this week at Failand (maybe even twice).

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Yes it was.  I guess the danger is that transmission can take a couple/few days so hopefully next test will be negative too.  I guess Kalas will be tested this week at Failand (maybe even twice).

He'll be tested more than twice and as an "elite athlete" he has different rules to the rest of us. I suspect he'll be ok for saturday.

I'm in the middle of self isolation of 14 days and tried to cut it down by testing (and paying for it) but told no its 14 days. And I've had a call to remind me as well ! 

5 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

I think Bale might be that, to be perfectly honest...   :whistle:

I did say "becoming" meaning not there yet.

But Bale has done **** all for Wales for quite some time so I'm not sure that he's guaranteed a place tbh.

8 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

I did say "becoming" meaning not there yet.

But Bale has done **** all for Wales for quite some time so I'm not sure that he's guaranteed a place tbh.

I thought Bale was brilliant yesterday in the second half, albeit it in a weird way.  They were so worried about him, he just dragged players out of position just by his mere presence.  He stayed on that right side most of the game and did a little bit on the ball, laid it off creating space for others.  The good thing was he didn’t try to be a one man band.  I thought it was a clever display.

Knowing JM’s dad well, I still find it weird seeing his son line-up for Wales alongside the likes of Bale...and even more so with the level of performance he then gives. ??????

May as well have a quick Part 2 round up.

Kalas- as we know, didn't play.

Seems like Morrell really impressed again! @Davefevs and others have covered this one better than me.

Morrell- 7.2. Dave has covered passing and Interceptions really quite well and the quality speaks for itself. My metric of choice here is Long Balls 3/3 accurate. Another string to the bow- can enable us to perhaps turn the opposition quickly in phases if he can hit a good long pass- maybe have Weimann and the wingbacks e.g. leading a quick break or hit it up to Martin for any of Paterson, Weimann, Wells to name a few to act as runners and play off him. Not all the time but variety within the same framework is always important!

Nagy- 6.7. Not so good this week, losing probably pushed it down a bit- 6.7 is basically somewhat average I'd say- maybe a bit above but nothing much better. People have questioned Nagy defensively but we all know he can pass- but my area of choice is the defensive side. Made 1 Clearance, 2 Interceptions, 2 Tackles- but was dribbled past once. Not bad though- and I'd also argue that Turkey away and Russia at home represent a higher standard of opponent than Finland away and Bulgaria at home- though the former did qualify for Euro 2020 and get promoted in the Nations League so should be respected than maybe their reputation suggests? Obviously his passing accuracy at least recorded on the site I use was its usual high % as per. Believe @bcfc01 watched this game, any greater input would be good?

O'Dowda- 6.7. Off injured after 59 mins? Well he was a long way from his MoTM- seems there's little he excelled in- number of things he did reasonably well, but nothing outstanding- says he won a foul, but committed none- suppose he could be an asset in that area? His passing from a small sample size was accurate- (17/19 successful)- did alright it seems but nothing particularly notable.

May as well do it for this round and it was quite a long one so waited until all complete- even including a player no longer on our books.

Who was it- Morrell, Nagy, Massengo, O'Dowda and Diedhiou?

Massengo- Training Camp.

Morrell.

England 3-0 Wales. No stats that I can see, he played the first half and Cabango took his place at half time.

Ireland 0-0 Wales. Rating was 6.3, passes completed 46/50. Interceptions 4, Tackles 1- but also dribbled past 4 times. Not one of his best games, I expect- only won 3/13 Ground duels and 0/2 Aerial Duels as well.  He completed the 90.

Didn't even make the bench in Bulgaria- assuming he was let go to complete his move to Luton?

Nagy.

Bulgaria 1-3 Hungary in a playoff. Played 82 mins, rating was 6.7 26/28 passes completed. Successfully completed 1 Clearance, 2 Interceptions and 2 Tackles- was dribbled past twice.

Serbia 0-1 Hungary- Nations League. Excellent result I'd suggest, rating was 7.0. 32/39 passes completed which isn't his usual level but showcased his defensive side with 3 Interceptions, 2 Tackles and Dribbled Past just the once.

Russia 0-0 Hungary- Nations League. Not a bad result, started on the bench. Came on at HT, got his 45 mins plus stoppage- Rating 6.5. All a bit meh really, didn't really shine but wasn't terrible either.

O'Dowda.

Got 20 mins during extra time away in Slovakia. Rating 6.7 but seems a bit generous based on his numbers- all seemed a bit meh! Why he was on the bench for us yesterday and not DaSilva, I do not know- knock for the latter?

Diedhiou- Played 56 mins in Morocco v Senegal. Was substituted at that point and no stats or anything available.

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

May as well do it for this round and it was quite a long one so waited until all complete- even including a player no longer on our books.

Who was it- Morrell, Nagy, Massengo, O'Dowda and Diedhiou?

Massengo- Training Camp.

Morrell.

England 3-0 Wales. No stats that I can see, he played the first half and Cabango took his place at half time.

Ireland 0-0 Wales. Rating was 6.3, passes completed 46/50. Interceptions 4, Tackles 1- but also dribbled past 4 times. Not one of his best games, I expect- only won 3/13 Ground duels and 0/2 Aerial Duels as well.  He completed the 90.

Didn't even make the bench in Bulgaria- assuming he was let go to complete his move to Luton?

Nagy.

Bulgaria 1-3 Hungary in a playoff. Played 82 mins, rating was 6.7 26/28 passes completed. Successfully completed 1 Clearance, 2 Interceptions and 2 Tackles- was dribbled past twice.

Serbia 0-1 Hungary- Nations League. Excellent result I'd suggest, rating was 7.0. 32/39 passes completed which isn't his usual level but showcased his defensive side with 3 Interceptions, 2 Tackles and Dribbled Past just the once.

Russia 0-0 Hungary- Nations League. Not a bad result, started on the bench. Came on at HT, got his 45 mins plus stoppage- Rating 6.5. All a bit meh really, didn't really shine but wasn't terrible either.

O'Dowda.

Got 20 mins during extra time away in Slovakia. Rating 6.7 but seems a bit generous based on his numbers- all seemed a bit meh! Why he was on the bench for us yesterday and not DaSilva, I do not know- knock for the latter?

Diedhiou- Played 56 mins in Morocco v Senegal. Was substituted at that point and no stats or anything available.

Morrell picked up 2 bookings so was suspended for the Bulgaria game..

Was Kalas, Nagy and O'Dowda this time out? Morrell gone of course.

Diedhiou- assuming Covid 19 alone stopped that?

Is Massengo in a Training Camp again?

Kalas- On the bench tonight, unused sub in a 1-0 Friendly loss in Germany. Two Nations League games at home to Israel and Slovakia to follow. They could win the group but surely Scotland will after their shock wins vs Czech Republic- one of which away to a scratch side of course.

Nagy- Playoff tomorrow, vs Iceland at home- one legger. Winner goes to Euro 2020. Two Nations League games at home to Serbia and Turkey- got a chance of winning their group and promotion.

O'Dowda- Friendly vs England at Wembley tomorrow, Nations League games at home vs Bulgaria and away to Wales- playing to avoid relegation tbh.

Archived