IGNORED

International watch- Decent start

Mr Popodopolous

From LiveScore and their sketchy layout.

Nagy starts in the centre of a midfield 3- 3-5-2 in fact. Wingbacks and 3 CM- he's the central of the 3.

O'Dowda starts on what a quick glance looks like a 4-3-3, starts - okay that's shifted. Initially it said 4-3-3 and that he was in CM, on the right of that CM 3 I think, but now it says 4-2-3-1 and he is right winger/wide right in the '3'- looks quite narrow if Hendrick is wide on the other side.

England 3-0 (?) up v Ireland. Not seen the game, forgot it was on Terrestrial so no idea how O'Dowda has done.

Nagy WILL be at Euro 2021, provided he makes the squad, no injuries etc- well done! :clap:

Was substituted late on, on 84 mins when Hungary were going for it- but had a tidy enough game.

Fairly tidy- rating of 7.2 decent.

1. Passes Completed- 32/40, bit low for him?
  2. Notable stat to pick out- Interceptions, 4- while he wasn't dribbled past once!

Well done Adam- should boost his confidence which can only augur well for us.

To add to the Interceptions stat- was the JOINT highest on the pitch with 3 Iceland players.

Congrats!

I saw the score 70 odd mins in, 75 mins, 80 mins- just checking on phone and was 1-0 Iceland- you seemed to have all the possession or most of it anyway, but not too many chances- says you scored on 88 mins and 2nd minute of stoppage time! Good win for you, Iceland have been not bad at International level in the last few years.

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

Congrats!

I saw the score 70 odd mins in, 75 mins, 80 mins- just checking on phone and was 1-0 Iceland- you seemed to have all the possession or most of it anyway, but not too many chances- says you scored on 88 mins and 2nd minute of stoppage time! Good win for you, Iceland have been not bad at International level in the last few years.

Thanks! Also Szoboszlai played liked a diva all game, I hated him for it. Then he nicks that winner... Still don't like him but that was pure class.

13 minutes ago, Hunsupport said:

This was AMAZING!!! A dull game, first half a nervous game from us in which Nagy was the best Hungarian player and a howler from Gulácsi. Second half maintaining this 0:1, change after the 80th for full attack and we won the game against the tired Iceland. Outstanding.

Get in! Was keeping an eye on this one for Adam’s sake. Look forward to seeing him at the Euros next year ? congrats mate!

20 minutes ago, Robin Wood said:

Nagy goes off Hungary turn it around 

Sounds like he was tidy enough so that's a tad harsh- his numbers were decent, without being spectacular- @Hunsupport said he was best player in first half, for Hungary anyway.

Possibly a tactical change, maybe Nagy not what was needed when chasing a game, shit or bust!

Latest quick roundup.

Kalas- played the 90, 1-0 win and clean sheet vs Israel. Scotland lost in Slovakia so Czech Republic if they beat Slovakia at home in the final round and Scotland fail to win in Israel, Czechs win the group. If they finish level, Czech Republic and Scotland, unsure if it's head to head or Goal Difference that would come into it- a Scotland loss and a Czech draw would put them level at the top. In that scenario, Czech Republic have a better Goal Difference.

Rated 7.2. 

No real spectacular stat to report- 5 clearances maybe the best.

Nagy- played the 90. 1-1 draw at home to Serbia. Hungary seem to do better on the road, bit counterpressing maybe. Anyway they are now joint top with Russia but with Turkey a further 2 points back- they play Turkey at home final game and Russia go to Serbia- in short if Hungary better Russia's result they (and Nagy) win the group- though I think Turkey on paper, playing to potential are possibly the best of those 3 sides. Nagy himself played in a 34-1-2 as opposed to a 3-5-2.

Rated 7.4

Those who can query his forward passing, key stat I might pull out- Big Chances created- 1. He had a accuracy as ever. Actually on that note, he has in fact averaged 85% accuracy in the opposition half vs not bad sides in the Nations League this time around which is quite good!

O'Dowda- Came off the bench on 82 mins. Ireland need to avoid defeat to Bulgaria in a Basement battle, otherwise I think they go down.

Rated 6.7.

Nothing really to write home about, lists 1 Successful dribble out of 1 attempted dribble maybe the most.

Morrell played the same game, started and lasted the 90. Know he's not our player anymore, but rated 6.7 and his passing was accurate as ever- 40/46 completed. (87%).

Meanwhile elsewhere, Magnússon gave away a last minute penalty or a late penalty to give Denmark the win vs Iceland. Decent enough numbers spoiled by an error...sound familiar?? 6.5, but that penalty probably knocked it down a bit given 4 Interceptions made, reasonably accurate passing and not dribbled past once.

Nagy played amazingly against Serbia, he played on the right side of the middle 3 for the first 55 mins then in the middle at his ususal spot. Attacking wise it was the best I've seen him play; he had 3 or 4 key passes as well including a pinpoint sharp cross to the box. We had a B team lined up as all the Bundesliga players were called back after the Iceland game (German quarantine rules) and 2 of our starting centre backs were suspended for this game with 2 yellows. And after the changes if became like a C team so I'm happy with this draw. Also the match was very good, it is always better when the opponent wants to play not just park the bus like Iceland did.

10 hours ago, Hunsupport said:

Nagy played amazingly against Serbia, he played on the right side of the middle 3 for the first 55 mins then in the middle at his ususal spot. Attacking wise it was the best I've seen him play; he had 3 or 4 key passes as well including a pinpoint sharp cross to the box. We had a B team lined up as all the Bundesliga players were called back after the Iceland game (German quarantine rules) and 2 of our starting centre backs were suspended for this game with 2 yellows. And after the changes if became like a C team so I'm happy with this draw. Also the match was very good, it is always better when the opponent wants to play not just park the bus like Iceland did.

I watched the first half and Adam seemed very involved. It was nice to see Serbia going for it as well, I thought they`d just sit back - great goal too, there`s not much you can do against pace and skill like that!

I see from the BBC text report that Adam seemed to be much more involved attacking wise in the second half - lots of `shot by..........., assisted by Adam Nagy`

17 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I watched the first half and Adam seemed very involved. It was nice to see Serbia going for it as well, I thought they`d just sit back - great goal too, there`s not much you can do against pace and skill like that!

I see from the BBC text report that Adam seemed to be much more involved attacking wise in the second half - lots of `shot by..........., assisted by Adam Nagy`

They have some quite good players, probably underachieving if anything- more specifically, needed to win to keep alive chances of avoiding the drop. Still think Turkey on paper probably the best in that group though IMO but Nagy and Hungary certainly have a chance of winning the group and promotion.

That's very positive to hear. He seems to be capable of either or with Hungary- some games it'll show his passing over the halfway line as quite positive, others it'll show him quite strong on interceptions eg, emphasizing the defensive side- sure @Hunsupport can fill in on some more detail.

14 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

They have some quite good players, probably underachieving if anything- more specifically, needed to win to keep alive chances of avoiding the drop. Still think Turkey on paper probably the best in that group though IMO but Nagy and Hungary certainly have a chance of winning the group and promotion.

That's very positive to hear. He seems to be capable of either or with Hungary- some games it'll show his passing over the halfway line as quite positive, others it'll show him quite strong on interceptions eg, emphasizing the defensive side- sure @Hunsupport can fill in on some more detail.

Re Serbia, they do have some good players from what I`ve seen - the fact that Mitrovic doesn`t even start all the time for them tells you that. Most of us would presume he`d be an automatic choice having watched him many times.

May as well update this, now I'm on here and remembered. No Internationals for some while now.

Firstly- Congratulations to both Kalas and Nagy- Promotion! Winning and promotion, Czechs always the best side in that group IMO man for man, but lost twice to Scotland despite dominating- but 4 pts back with 2 to go and it looks done, but no! Hungary's competition surely stronger- Russia, Serbia, Turkey surely trumps Israel, Scotland and Slovakia as a challenge- but they did it and Nagy key for them!

Little boost for O'Dowda too, Ireland stayed up albeit low key and they're in terrible form but though he didn't play, no relegation for Ireland after a 0-0 with Bulgaria.

RATINGS in the decisive final round of games- all had something riding on it.

Kalas- Played the 90 vs Slovakia. Czechs win 2-0, Scotland lose in Israel- Czech Republic win the Group.

Rated- 7.2

Duels won seems the best stat though he had a pretty useful all-round game, competence wise- Ground Duels 2/3 and Aerial Duels 3/3. 5/6 or 83% Success Rate in Duels, have to be fairly happy with that IMO?

Nagy- Played the 90 vs Turkey. Hungary win 2-0, Serbia hammered Russia- Hungary win the Group. I don't think Hungary would have been favourites in that group so it feels like a notable achievement for them! 7 pts from Belgrade, Istanbul and Moscow and 3 clean sheets!

Rated 6.9

Again no individual stat that leaps off the page and shouts 'WOW'- could 5/5 successful Long Balls be the closest? His passing as ever was strong in its accuracy, 42/48 but that feels a bit of a given with him often so unsure how much it should be highlighted.

O'Dowda didn't play.

Elsewhere, a mention for Morrell. Did very well it seems vs Finland and got an assist- and contrary to some posts elsewhere on here, Finland are not a bad side, really much improved since Autumn 2017. However going down to 10 men as they did, after 12 mins in Wales would have helped Morrell and Wales undoubtedly.

I do rather think we should have kept Morrell- not saying sell anyone in his place, but he'd surely be getting gametime now what with all the injuries and Covid related. A buy-back clause when selling to Luton might have been an idea?

98/100 successful passes and an assist :clap:but again, playing vs 10 men from 12 mins in is a huge boost, especially in a game Wales only needed a draw. I do reiterate, Finland are not necessarily a bad side though not as good as Wales and they can take some hammerings on the road- but they were shocking for a while then suddenly their results show a notable uptick from September 2017 to present. No new manager, possibly no notable new players- perhaps something just clicked though.

May as well give a quick roundup of this International break to date.

1. Kalas and O'Dowda- neither were called up due to injury.
  2. Steven Sessegnon was called up to England U21 squad but didn't play.
  3. No Wells for Bermuda. Injured or withdrawn?
  4. Mariappa- played 90 mins in a 4-1 loss to USA over in Austria. A friendly I think.
  5. Kasey Palmer was substituted on 86 mins in the same game.
  6. Nagy of course called up for Hungary. 3-3 vs Poland, had a fairly moderate Rating on SofaScore but his passing stats were good- not too successful in terms of duels and this was reflected in being dribbled past a few times.
  7. Diedhiou- played 24 mins for Senegal in a 0-0 draw with DR Congo.

Massengo- no idea, has he been called up?

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

May as well give a quick roundup of this International break to date.

1. Kalas and O'Dowda- neither were called up due to injury. Both were called up...but withdrew because of injuries
  2. Steven Sessegnon was called up to England U21 squad but didn't play.
  3. No Wells for Bermuda. Injured or withdrawn? He hasn’t been selected for a while now, think he said recently that he’s open to a return at some point, suggesting he’s said he doesn’t want to be selected at this point.
  4. Mariappa- played 90 mins in a 4-1 loss to USA over in Austria. A friendly I think.
  5. Kasey Palmer was substituted on 86 mins in the same game.
  6. Nagy of course called up for Hungary. 3-3 vs Poland, had a fairly moderate Rating on SofaScore but his passing stats were good- not too successful in terms of duels and this was reflected in being dribbled past a few times.
  7. Diedhiou- played 24 mins for Senegal in a 0-0 draw with DR Congo.

Massengo- no idea, has he been called up?  Doesn’t look like it.

Thanks @Davefevs wasn't sure if it was injury and then withdraw or simply not call up due to injury.

Sessegnon played vs Portugal U21, started in fact...not that we flourished, didn't watch the game but lost 2-0- looks unlikely England U21 will qualify for the next round now.  Small mathematical chance...He started at LB I think and played 83 mins, before being subbed off.

Nagy didn't play vs San Marino but doesn't really matter who you play in that one if you're a half decent side, you'll win. Unsure he'll play vs Andorra either, again similar would apply.

Wells not playing for Bermuda is a boost to keep him rested and refreshed for us- not least due to Diedhiou- Senegal due to play later- playing games in Africa, this would give us a chance IMO to play Wells with say Semenyo and Palmer- try something a bit different. Every cloud and that.

Jamaica- no more games and their game vs USA was in Austria so hopefully this can keep Mariappa and Palmer relatively fresh/able to begin training again with the squad.

Archived