IGNORED

Merchandise

Nigelmalta

I am very supportive of the club but cannot understand the marketing & merchandise process at the club!!   I wanted the red training top but noticed all sold out after what 2 weeks.  The shop have told me they do not plan to order anymore stock!!   So here we are with the season not yet started and our club has sold out of training wear!!   Its just crazy!!  They have 9 months to sell the stock & surely want any income they can get at the moment.

Its an absolute shambles!!

Just now, Nigelmalta said:

I am very supportive of the club but cannot understand the marketing & merchandise process at the club!!   I wanted the red training top but noticed all sold out after what 2 weeks.  The shop have told me they do not plan to order anymore stock!!   So here we are with the season not yet started and our club has sold out of training wear!!   Its just crazy!!  They have 9 months to sell the stock & surely want any income they can get at the moment.

Seeing as we haven’t even got a home top yet I’m hardly surprised. 

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

The club shop has always been a huge disappointment. It’s way too small and has limited stock. 

Who actually is responsible for deciding on and ordering the shop stock?  Someone from Bristol Sport I guess.........:dunno:

I think all employees are employed by Bristol Sport so not a surprise on the last bit.

In terms of size I am sure there was serious talk pre-Covid of expansion or even relocation but no doubt another thing on hold due to tightening the belts a bit - which is understandable for now but when fans allowed back it needs prioritising along with generous stocking of racks to maximise income.

44 minutes ago, Robbored said:

The club shop has always been a huge disappointment. It’s way too small and has limited stock. 

Who actually is responsible for deciding on and ordering the shop stock?  Someone from Bristol Sport I guess.........:dunno:

I’m pretty sure the long term plan has always been to relocate the shop to the new arena complex where it will be much bigger, nobody in the right mind would have built a new stadium and decided to put such a small shop in.....would they? ?

6 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

I’m pretty sure the long term plan has always been to relocate the shop to the new arena complex where it will be much bigger, nobody in the right mind would have built a new stadium and decided to put such a small shop in.....would they? ?

The current location was never the real plan, from memory.

But apart from match days, it is probably far too big.  Until you get steady footfall on non-match days it’s also gonna be the “wrong size” depending on which day you go.

12 hours ago, Robbored said:

How is the shop too small... If there's no stock to put in it...?! 

13 hours ago, Nigelmalta said:

Is the red training top this warm up top? I quite fancy it as it hasn't got the mansion bet logo on it, and I thought I'd like to support the club with some kind of purchase. Only M & L in adult sizes: and how many of us seriously remember being that small? So I guess I keep my cash then? Mad.

Every year you wonder what has gone SO wrong and look forward to the following season when mistakes will be put right.

I wish someone from the club would comment on the shambles, they just seem content with awful choice, dreadful stock levels and poor quality.

The only thing that changes is the inflated prices 

Hummel seem to be doing kit deals left right and centre, with Covid also potentially impacting their supply chain it is no surprise supply it is not available.

Even the away kit is still not available, still at pre-order stage. Launching the home kit less than 24 hours before the first game of the season, draw your own conclusions!

Archived