IGNORED

Squad numbers

RedRaw

11 minutes ago, glastonred said:

So who is Ryley Towler?

Young lad (18) from Mangotsfield who signed his first pro deal recently...and moved up to u23s this season

Looks like he’s moved from midfield to CB over the past season (listed as midfield on OS).  Others might know more.  I know a few watched the stream of the u23s v Leeds last season.  I only caught a bit but he looked composed on the ball.

24 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Young lad (18) from Mangotsfield who signed his first pro deal recently...and moved up to u23s this season

Looks like he’s moved from midfield to CB over the past season (listed as midfield on OS).  Others might know more.  I know a few watched the stream of the u23s v Leeds last season.  I only caught a bit but he looked composed on the ball.

I stumbled across this from 2 years ago... Read from half way down. His dad... erm, doesn't support City...

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/special-report-bristol-city-several-1554392?utm_source=linkCopy&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar

3 minutes ago, mozo said:

I stumbled across this from 2 years ago... Read from half way down. His dad... erm, doesn't support City...

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/special-report-bristol-city-several-1554392?utm_source=linkCopy&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar

I remember that article.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Yeh he did well in that game. I think he's played in all, or at least most, of the "Bristol City XI" friendlies recently. He's obviously highly rated by the staff.

Don't know much about his game but I'd hazard a guess they're thinking he can turn into a tall, strong CB with good technical ability from his days as a CM. A cultured half back if you will. Will be interesting to see if he debuts tomorrow.

14 hours ago, glastonred said:

So who is Ryley Towler?

He’s a tall left footed lad who used to play Left back during youth football, then moved to centre midfield and now centre half aswell. I have personally played against him on multiple occasions and am not surprised at all that he’s got this chance. Will be some player I’d imagine. Always stood out throughout youth academy football. 

Archived