Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

Team Tomorrow - Couple of U23s involved

13 minutes ago, redpole said:

I take it we can work out who they are by looking at the squad numbers. 

You can try.

Bentley, Vyner, Moore, Hunt, Dasilva are nailed on - possibly Wells as well.

Edit - misunderstood redpole post. Yes, it would seem to be Towler and Morton

Edited by bcfc01

As I see it, it will be:

Bentley

Hunt / Vyner / Moore / Rowe / Dasilva

Weimann / Bakinson / Paterson

Diedhiou / Wells

Subs:

O’Leary / Towler / Morton / Eliasson / Palmer / Martin / Semenyo or Szmodics

I believe that was the starting eleven v WBA too.  I think Weimann as a one-off in midfield with Pato bringing experience alongside Bakinson.

Assume Martin is fit for bench.

Moore captain.

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

As I see it, it will be:

Bentley

Diedhiou / Wells

Subs:

I believe that was the starting eleven v WBA too.  I think Weimann as a one-off in midfield with Pato bringing experience alongside Bakinson.

Moore captain.

Well, they didn't do too badly if thats the case, even with Rowe at LCB.

Would think Martin will get 30 minutes with Wells.

Given all the players missing, thats a fairly strong team so no excuses if we get beat.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, B-Rizzle said:

All these players injured or on international duty. Surely Szmodics or Palmer need to start?

Not necessarily, Pato and Weimann finished the season in midfield and then you don't play one of Szmodics/Palmer with them and would guess Bakinson 

52 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Not necessarily, Pato and Weimann finished the season in midfield and then you don't play one of Szmodics/Palmer with them and would guess Bakinson 

Maybe so but, if we have two midfielders injured, four on international duty and one covering in central defence and still aren’t picking Palmer then his days at the club are surely numbered. Not necessarily saying that is the wrong decision but surely he is on his way out if we can find a buyer?

Would love Morton to get his chance. Been watching him closely when at Bath and what a passer of the ball he is with either foot. Left footed but i'd say just as good with the other.

Tower been playing centre back sometimes, so I assume he would be back up centre back on the bench. Looks very tall to me, obviously needs to bulk up a bit though which hopefully will come.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Lrrr said:

I'd rather Weimann upfront, just basing it off how the season finished

I reckon Weimann could be up front. We scored 4 against Cheltenham with him and Wells, with a midfield 3 that are all available tomorrow in Eliasson, Pato and Bakinson. 

Also Diedhiou joined us a bit later so might be behind in fitness. But then it could be argued Fam needs more minutes so play him.

Personally I just want to win our first game and get some confidence.

0-0 against WBA and what sounds like a very good performance. I'll trust Holden to get it right.

8 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I reckon Weimann could be up front. We scored 4 against Cheltenham with him and Wells, with a midfield 3 that are all available tomorrow in Eliasson, Pato and Bakinson. 

Also Diedhiou joined us a bit later so might be behind in fitness. But then it could be argued Fam needs more minutes so play him.

Personally I just want to win our first game and get some confidence.

0-0 against WBA and what sounds like a very good performance. I'll trust Holden to get it right.

i think Weimann in midfield is a one-off for tomorrow, and will normally be expected to fight for his place up-top....hence why he partnered Wells v the other Robins, before all the injuries and call-ups.

Yes, think Fam could do with 60-65 in the tank tomorrow.  No idea how ready Martin is?

Yep, get off to a nice winning start, get some confidence (hopefully).

8 minutes ago, BCFC Richard said:

I'm sure someone has asked this somewhere already, but is this on BCTV? I have the overseas package - can't remember if cup games are included. 

I asked Jerry the SLO earlier.

It's not included as part of your usual subscription. If you want to watch from abroad you'll need to buy the £10 pass and then...somehow...not sure how...trick the internet into thinking you're in the UK. Or quickly fly back and watch it in Heathrow's arrivals lounge.

• Thanks 1
13 hours ago, Davefevs said:

As I see it, it will be:

Bentley

Diedhiou / Wells

Subs:

Moore captain.

I don’t think you’re far off with that predicted XI, although continuing this trend of not playing players - Rowe and Weimann - in their best positions is a worry. LJ was good at trying to hammer square pegs into round holes. 

I think Szmodics or Palmer need to start today, fringe players with a point to prove. If Rowe plays, it should be at LB/CM; Weimann up top or not at all.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, tin said:

I don’t think you’re far off with that predicted XI, although continuing this trend of not playing players - Rowe and Weimann - in their best positions is a worry. LJ was good at trying to hammer square pegs into round holes. 

I think Szmodics or Palmer need to start today, fringe players with a point to prove. If Rowe plays, it should be at LB/CM; Weimann up top or not at all.

I suspect many agree with you.

In fairness we have two true available CBs (Moore and Vyner) and Holden wants to play 352, so someone has to play there.

13 hours ago, Davefevs said:

As I see it, it will be:

Bentley

Diedhiou / Wells

Subs:

Moore captain.

no liam walsh?