IGNORED

Ashton Gate2. Deryn Coller & Ken Sage

Zip Nolan

The eight and the events leading up to their departure gets lots of coverage, but the efforts of Deryn Coller and Ken Sage are often overlooked. It wasn’t just them that brought the club back from the brink but they played a big part. It would be nice if they had some more official recognition 

Cider head posted a fantastic piece on here back in 2012 about Deryn Coller's part in saving the Club. Deryn worked day and night, put in £70k of his own money, all his savings at the time (without his wife knowing). Got Ken Sage involved, and with others saved the Club from extinction.

Was a friend of Ken Sage and still in contact with his brother. He was a very unassuming, quiet man although a shrewd businessman, owning a window making company in Bedminster. He gave off the impression that he wasnt doing anything spectacular, savibg City, and never really liked to talk about the business side of the club, and was never recognised by anyone in all the time I was in his company. And he disliked Jacki, and his lack of contribution to the team effort. 

2 hours ago, Zip Nolan said:

Cider head posted a fantastic piece on here back in 2012 about Deryn Coller's part in saving the Club. Deryn worked day and night, put in £70k of his own money, all his savings at the time (without his wife knowing). Got Ken Sage involved, and with others saved the Club from extinction.

Here it is and it mentions all of the heroes, who played a part in saving the club:

1 hour ago, The Horse With No Name said:

Was a friend of Ken Sage and still in contact with his brother. He was a very unassuming, quiet man although a shrewd businessman, owning a window making company in Bedminster. He gave off the impression that he wasnt doing anything spectacular, savibg City, and never really liked to talk about the business side of the club, and was never recognised by anyone in all the time I was in his company. And he disliked Jacki, and his lack of contribution to the team effort. 

Reading this I guess Ken is no longer with us?

Deryn owned Park Furnishers which is still going, I presume he is still around?

Archived