IGNORED

Bristol City v Exeter City - Carabao Cup R1 - Match Day

Septic Peg

Just now, Kingswoodactor said:

Like I just said, how the hell do the other players effect what he does when in possession? He’s very negative on the ball, gives a lot of hospital passes, and he should be dominating in there or really standing out against a league 2 side. I’ve already mentioned that Weimann shouldn’t be in midfield by the way, as he looks out of place in the system. 

Obviously they affect it a lot. Other players need to help him defensively. He is doing everything himself. When on the ball, others can help him by giving him options, moving better and getting closer.  

Just now, And Its Smith said:

Obviously they affect it a lot. Other players need to help him defensively. He is doing everything himself. When on the ball, others can help him by giving him options, moving better and getting closer.  

He’s had options to move the ball quickly to other players, so I’m not buying the argument that people aren’t giving him the necessary movement or runs for him to find them quicker. I actually think Massengo is quite static at times when receiving the ball, and better movement from him would help him out so much more. Positionally he still has so much to learn. 

5 minutes ago, Bristol_Badger said:

Christ this commentary is gash. Can’t they get a former player or someone who knows what they are talking about at least 

Almost unbearable. Wasn’t so bad as a stop gap last season but if this is the norm now the club need to get someone proper in. These two are terrible. 

Just now, ralphindevon said:

When I wrote that, Plymouth in the season we got to the semis was all I could remember. 

We lost to them the year after, can't remember any other league cup games against them

I stopped going to these first round games in recent seasons because we've been so bad in the vast majority of them.

1 minute ago, pl00peh91 said:

I think it’s going to be hard to play the role or opinionated podcast host whilst also playing a sanitized “club friendly” commentator without it sounding disengenuous. For the record I think he’s doing a good job but I have concerns about it 

So far he is being very honest i would say. Been negative about players quite a few times. 

Just now, And Its Smith said:

So far he is being very honest i would say. Been negative about players quite a few times. 

Agreed just wouldn’t want him to bow to club pressure and start spinning things if it’s going to be a more regular role. The last two commentators were unbearable for that 

Archived