IGNORED

Robins TV Post match

City1984

10 minutes ago, City1984 said:

Why no interviews with players and coaching staff? 

I know they had to squeeze in as many references as possible to the fact no fans are allowed but a quick chat with the head coach wouldn’t of gone a miss.

They've never done it in the past so you're probably going to be a bit disappointed going forward if that's what you're expecting to happen.

33 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

They've never done it in the past so you're probably going to be a bit disappointed going forward if that's what you're expecting to happen.

Pretty pathetic coverage to be honest. I know the match is the important part but would expect an effort at a more sky sports style of coverage. 

I can’t be the only one that feels it’s all a bit plastic and rather meh. 

15 minutes ago, City1984 said:

Pretty pathetic coverage to be honest. I know the match is the important part but would expect an effort at a more sky sports style of coverage. 

I can’t be the only one that feels it’s all a bit plastic and rather meh. 

You do understand their is a slight difference in financial weight between bctv and Sky?

4 hours ago, RedRoss said:
5 hours ago, City1984 said:

You do understand their is a slight difference in financial weight between bctv and Sky?

Given the Head of Communications used to work for Sky, BBC and ITN you’d probably expect more than the current, poor, offering  

https://www.bristol-sport.co.uk/news/skys-lisa-knights-heads-up-bristol-sport-communication-team/

Roll on next month, fingers crossed! 

Watching us play on RTV is barely a 5/10 experience, not having a go at those behind it, I'd only give Sky 6. I just want to be back in my seat watching it live. 

I know some don't mind and even prefer watching online or on tv, for me its nowhere near like being there.  

38 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Given the Head of Communications used to work for Sky, BBC and ITN you’d probably expect more than the current, poor, offering  

https://www.bristol-sport.co.uk/news/skys-lisa-knights-heads-up-bristol-sport-communication-team/

Obviously difference of opinion but I think your expecting way too much. One person who's had experience for production companies isn't a piss in the ocean compared to all the resources Sky have available. 

BCTV has subscribers running into the low thousands I'm guessing? compared to 23 million with Sky. 

7 hours ago, City1984 said:

Why no interviews with players and coaching staff? 

I know they had to squeeze in as many references as possible to the fact no fans are allowed but a quick chat with the head coach wouldn’t of gone a miss.

Surely you just log onto the website for after game thoughts. 

I'd imagine he's a bit busy doing his job, immediately after the game. 

I think the problem here is comments like you expect too much.

The club need to start realising £10 to stream a football game is quite a lot particularly as the picture is not great.

I think the least they can do is try and give decent commentary and analysis and an exclusive post match interview with the boss.

you accept crap and that is all they will give !!

I watch the game and listen to RB at the same time. If they can do after match interviews on RB,Sky & Quest why can’t they do it on Robins TV.? They could fill the intervening time with post match analysis. At the moment it seems a bit like ‘Zoom’ you have a set time and then that’s it. Do iFollow have the post match analysis & post match interviews? 

40 minutes ago, E.G.Red said:

I watch the game and listen to RB at the same time. If they can do after match interviews on RB,Sky & Quest why can’t they do it on Robins TV.? They could fill the intervening time with post match analysis. At the moment it seems a bit like ‘Zoom’ you have a set time and then that’s it. Do iFollow have the post match analysis & post match interviews? 

No - iFollow is very limited from the games I've watched on other club's services in the past.

There's no presenter/punditry, it's just the match coverage with commentary from BBC local radio, EFL graphics, half-time is some highlights and statistics and then the same again at full-time.

2 hours ago, Meh said:

I think the problem here is comments like you expect too much.

The club need to start realising £10 to stream a football game is quite a lot particularly as the picture is not great.

I think the least they can do is try and give decent commentary and analysis and an exclusive post match interview with the boss.

you accept crap and that is all they will give !!

It's an EFL stream, not a club one. That's why there's no flexibility on the price. 

1 hour ago, wendyredredrobin said:

I generally turn it off straight after the final whistle.  Post match coverage is a bit of a waste of time.

I don't often watch much of the pre match coverage either though.

Exactly, you've just watched the game. why do you need to go and watch a pundit explain what you've just watched. If you read the match day thread, everyone is moaning at how bad the commentary/production is, but they are now complaining they want more of it!

There were interviews with Hunt, Semenyo and Holden on the Youtuve channel 19 hours ago (I don't know when that was), but must have been close after the game ending.

1 hour ago, wendyredredrobin said:

I generally turn it off straight after the final whistle.  Post match coverage is a bit of a waste of time.

I don't often watch much of the pre match coverage either though.

I do too, I then head over to BBCRB for Twentyman.  Yesterday we had an hours gap, so didn’t listen.

5 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

It's an EFL stream, not a club one. That's why there's no flexibility on the price. 

The stream of the match is EFL, but the club might attract a few more £10s if they add (better) content either side of the 90 minutes. Guess depends on cost v income of making it a bit more of a “presentation”.

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I do too, I then head over to BBCRB for Twentyman.  Yesterday we had an hours gap, so didn’t listen.

The stream of the match is EFL, but the club might attract a few more £10s if they add (better) content either side of the 90 minutes. Guess depends on cost v income of making it a bit more of a “presentation”.

I know what you mean, but DH does a free to air post match interview later on. 

I expect the logistics of him doing a worthwhile interview before he's spoken to the team just don't line up. 

5 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I know what you mean, but DH does a free to air post match interview later on. 

I expect the logistics of him doing a worthwhile interview before he's spoken to the team just don't line up. 

Yes, they need to “fill” the time before DH is ready...for that to be viable.

17 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I thought @Shtanleydid a good job....but it still needs a pro alongside them.  Can’t believe they had Joe Williams there but didn’t use him in commentary?  

So true, it needs someone who has played the game in there, otherwise it sounds like your listening in to two mates down the pub. Why not approach radio Bristol to get a spare commentator from them alongside a ex pro. So many ex pros around. 

52 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I know who streams it but that is the game itself - presumably it is up to us who we have analysing and what context we put around the 90 minutes.

just put some thought into the broadcast package around the game - mediocre currently and could be better with fairly limited effort.

37 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yes, they need to “fill” the time before DH is ready...for that to be viable.

Suspect other broadcasters probably have some level of priority agreed when they buy the rights so Robins TV may get last dibs.

There's little point in DH talking to Radio Bristol if he does it after they've gone off air. 

19 minutes ago, redpole said:

So true, it needs someone who has played the game in there, otherwise it sounds like your listening in to two mates down the pub. Why not approach radio Bristol to get a spare commentator from them alongside a ex pro. So many ex pros around. 

Gary Owers is great, Chris Honor very decent too.

20 hours ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

It's getting used to the time lapse, which isn't bad on the smart phone but the action was about 3 seconds behind the commentary when viewed on my laptop. 

I don't know if this is related, but there appeared to be some syncing issue via pc (I guess it was everywhere) where the main camera was behind both the audio and the secondary camera:

(a) the commentator would mention some action just before it had happened. e.g. good control by hunt say, when the ball was just about to be passed to him.

(b) the behind the goal camera showed some action (eg a corner) but when the switched to the main camera (split second after the ball had been kicked), the ball still hadn't been kicked.

This was the first time i've noticed this has happened.

Also the second camera appeared to be a lower resolution, and not colour matched against the main camera - i.e. the colour temerature seemed to be different.

Archived