IGNORED

Take a Bow Son

City1984

4 hours ago, City oz said:

Very promising signs. Lets see though in a few weeks time when we play teams at a higher level. I watched the high lights this morning and Exeter opened us up on quite a few occasions which may flag a concern going forward.

Its not as if the team yesterday will be the same one all season.

2 hours ago, JonDolman said:

I am hoping Holden has a big positive influence in Antoine's performances with us.

He did look lost in a few games last season, but at least yesterday he looked confident and seemed to know what his role was in the side.

Yep. Agree

He’s had a tough baptism of games back at City.  He didn’t look lost at Brentford and PNE, but certainly did v Reading.  He’s raw, but we saw yesterday what raw can bring.

I said I'd like to see Palmer loaned to the Scottish Prem... For Semenyo, a stint in Germany would do him a lot of good; maybe Bundesliga 2 side at the top end. They get the basics right over there and are very tactically sound. 

5 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Yep. Agree

He’s had a tough baptism of games back at City.  He didn’t look lost at Brentford and PNE, but certainly did v Reading.  He’s raw, but we saw yesterday what raw can bring.

He didn't look that raw to me yesterday tbh - didn't look out of his depth at all, albeit it was just the 15 minutes or so.

And it was nice to see a forward get across a defender and actually make a run to that near post, something I've rarely seen Famara attempt.

I hope he gets 10-15 minutes for a few games to see how he does, wouldn't like to see him out on loan just yet.

22 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

One thing I did notice in the build up to the goal was his strength when he initially received the ball on the left. The defender tried to outmuscle him but Antoine just turned slightly and the bloke bounced off him letting him get the shot away.

“Specimen” or “unit” is the word ?

Archived