IGNORED

Dean Holden on Sounds of the City Monday night

Never to the dark side

12 minutes ago, grifty said:

Just want to to hear what is plan is for NE now and I think he's answered all questions I've seen on here recently.

Just trying to recap;

Palmer - thinks he's a good player, needs game time - didn't confirm if he would stay or leave

Fam - Offered new contract, waiting for him to agree/not agree

Weimann - Likes his versatility, won't play centre mid every game

Walsh - offered new deal, will play a big part this year

Morrell - will be involved this year

O'Leary - Offers from League 1, will be No.2 challenging No.1

Bakinson - Mentioned him a lot, thinks he rates him highly.

Eliasson - New contract offered!

Likes 3-5-2 as a formation/structure - seems what he'll go for mostly

13 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Doesn’t sound like he’ll be back playing anytime soon though which is a shame.

Yeah I heard that in there. My guess is Brunt and Sessegnon tonight...

Not sure , got the impression he is a bit closer than that , fingers crossed , also said last week back on the grass 

4 minutes ago, RedRoss said:

Never heard a better interview from a city manager. Had it all honesty, real emotion and genuine passion.

Really want Dean to do well!

Thinking the same myself. If you didn’t tune in listen to it when Radio Brizz puts it in listen again. 

The boy was utter class. 

Good Luck Son. I’m right behind you. 

15 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Best interview I have probably ever heard from a city manager/coach . So much information. No ducking the questions 

If anyone still doesn’t understand why Holden came out on top in the Head Coach interview process, they should replay tonight’s programme. 

2 minutes ago, Badger08 said:

So are we basically saying, that everyone can see how he's done so well in the interview and that he could actually be the man? 

I think he could be, but MA, SL and JL took A LOT of abuse for this. 

Which obviously they will never get an apology for......

Football fans are so funny.

Agree with you completely! Ultimately football is a results business and so DH will be judged on that alone. He could be the nicest guy on the planet but if the results don’t go the way we all want, the fans will be right in their initial opinion when he was appointed 

1 minute ago, Badger08 said:

So are we basically saying, that everyone can see how he's done so well in the interview and that he could actually be the man? 

I think he could be, but MA, SL and JL took A LOT of abuse for this. 

Which obviously they will never get an apology for......

I actually have backed him and was arguing with people just after his appointment constantly on here but in their defence he is a risk so I do get the criticism. I'm sure hes got a few more on his side now and rightly so, he's got me pumped like I'm playing next week haha. 

Wow! I was 15 minutes behind as I forgot, what a great interview. Honesty, shirked nothing and even emotion.

I was in the doubters camp re DH but that was a different stratosphere to the bullshit LJ came out with.

Go Dean, absolutely loved that interview and well done GT. I really hope Dean is a success.

22 minutes ago, Badger08 said:

I think he could be, but MA, SL and JL took A LOT of abuse for this, which obviously they will never get an apology for......

People have valid concerns about appointing a manager with his credentials over someone like Chris Hughton. Surely you can see that and why that would be.

Anyone can sound good on a cosy interview with Geoff on Radio Bristol but the proof will be in results.

I really liked what I heard and hope he does brilliantly, ultimately the proof will be in the results. It’s far too early to criticise fans for valid and legitimate concerns about the recruitment process - I don’t see people wanting Holden to fail.

Firstly, If anyone didn't hear it , I implore you find an hour during the week to listen to it 

Firstly as others have alluded to Geoff Twentyman is a magnificent presenter and interviewer IMHO and we are so fortunate to have him covering City and local sport - his chat with DH and his questions were brilliant

As for Dean

Was never in favour of his appointment but something grew me when he was appointed and although hes pretty quiet and has a monotone Manchester way of speaking (Not a criticism) what strikes me repeatedly is his straight forward nature and his clear visible honesty, and simply a real good solid bloke.

I have met him briefly but his recent interviews, particularly tonights paint a really good picture of Dean Holden the man

I wont get into his footballing ideas answers etc as there are plenty of threads to discuss those aspects

Is he a good coach ? manager ? will he be sucessful ?    Not sure , time will tell 

But , what is absolutely clear is that we have a really good bloke at the helm.

An honest one who will be doing everything he can to do a good job

You can see why players will like him and as any of us know , we will go the extra mile for someone we like / respect and that is the real positive thats grown on me and at least gives Dean a decent base.

That interview / chat finished with me thinking 'Go on Dean , Go for it , Right behind ya lad ,

i'm actually desperate for him to do well

(I wont spoil it but the bit about his Dad.....Wow.............just Wow

Having lost my dear Dad not long ago...Wow.....

If you listen to this chat with GT , whatever your views on him prior , I challenge you not to desperately want him to succeed 

Ultimately results will judge him but I cant remember hearing such a humble , decent , honest 'bloke' in charge of us

Lets all get right behind him and particularly ..........................give him time and a decent chance

COYR

Go Get Em Dean

That hour went so quickly.

A bit of everything, including giving the game away re "open roof tonight" and "don't go to bed too early"  More or less told us who it is as well. :laughcont:

Walsh's contract, Famara, injuries, all open comments.

And choking up when talking about his dad..I'll leave that there.

Very open - and up for a chat and a pint at the 3 Lions as well.

Nice bloke.

I sincerely hope he succeeds - it won't be for the want of busting a gut trying.

Archived