IGNORED

Iceland V England

Red Army 75

England were only team trying to win that - even with 10 men Iceland didn’t come out of their own half. 3 dreadful decisions for Kane and 2 non penalties so right result I guess but not in the way it happened. 

Worth mentioning that France won 1-0 in Iceland with a penalty last year. 

Just now, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

They had better play better than that then!

We are better against a side who will come out of their own box.

1 minute ago, Alex_BCFC said:

England were only team trying to win that - even with 10 men Iceland didn’t come out of their own half. 3 dreadful decisions for Kane and 2 non penalties so right result I guess but not in the way it happened. 

Worth mentioning that France won 1-0 in Iceland with a penalty last year. 

We are better against a side who will come out of their own box.

Lot's of teams will play like that against England, they must be able to break them down.

13 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Of course but they did - Kane scores a fair goal early on. Iceland are very organised and hard to break down...France did it via a pen last year too.

Unfortunately I missed that goal as I was listening to the phone in on RB, which was a waste of time, only heard Ian and nobody else.

1 hour ago, Super said:

Am i the only one who doesnt get the fuss about Rice?

Too slow on the ball for me. He's still young though and will get better think moving to a better club side who reguarly have more posession would help his development. 

Think we missed Winks and Henderson. A deep lying play maker type is essential to be successful at International level and they are the only 2 players who seem to be good enough at it currently.

Do wonder if the likes of Maddison, Grealish or Foden could be played bit deeper as they do seem to have the qualities to play the role guess the only question is do they have the discipline as they play further forward for their clubs. 

2 hours ago, maxjak said:

Why was he a liability? I most definitely disagree ?

Twice I remember him getting robbed whilst trying to shepard the ball out. Both  time City conceded. One was against Man City iirc......the other was against Villa I think.......

He was also prone to getting caught out of position particularly against slick opposition. Him moving on was no great loss imo.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Twice I remember him getting robbed whilst trying to shepard the ball out. Both  time City conceded. One was against Man City iirc......the other was against Villa I think.......

He was also prone to getting caught out of position particularly against slick opposition. Him moving on was no great loss imo.

I think it was the game against Cardiff? 

IIRC - he got his pocket picked in front of the south stand just on the byline inside the box, one pass and they scored.

8 hours ago, cityal said:

I think it was the game against Cardiff? 

IIRC - he got his pocket picked in front of the south stand just on the byline inside the box, one pass and they scored.

It definitely happened in the cup semi final exactly what you’ve described. Tried to usher it out, had it won back, passed to Sane and he scored just on half time

image.thumb.png.ab9c11dd66c08752bf2162940781da62.png

2 hours ago, JonDolman said:

I didn't watch this, but rarely miss an England game.

I am still confused as to why Southgate is so good a manager to have this job?

Look at the team he picked at the world cup. Absolutely shocking, really. A midfield 3 of Dier - Alli - Lingard

John Stones and Kyle Walker 2 of the 3 centre backs.

We lost to Belgium twice and Croatia. Losing any of the others would have been awful.

He gets a bit of credit for getting a good spirit in the camp. Well not really sure there was bad spirit before he came in.

Playing young players now, a lot of them are friends from the England youth tournaments.

Where he has done well was to beat Spain and Croatia in the Nations League.

But then we were diabolical against Holland losing 3-1. Stones played again at the back, Gomez on the bench!

Then we draw 0-0 with Switzerland, playing terribly, before winning on pens to get 3rd place.

We have some ridiculous talent coming through now. And it really could be a  massive waste of that talent if Southgate is the wrong man.

Tbf there's hardly a queue of talent waiting for the managers job

2 hours ago, JonDolman said:

I didn't watch this, but rarely miss an England game.

I am still confused as to why Southgate is so good a manager to have this job?

Look at the team he picked at the world cup. Absolutely shocking, really. A midfield 3 of Dier - Alli - Lingard

John Stones and Kyle Walker 2 of the 3 centre backs.

We lost to Belgium twice and Croatia. Losing any of the others would have been awful.

He gets a bit of credit for getting a good spirit in the camp. Well not really sure there was bad spirit before he came in.

Playing young players now, a lot of them are friends from the England youth tournaments.

Where he has done well was to beat Spain and Croatia in the Nations League.

But then we were diabolical against Holland losing 3-1. Stones played again at the back, Gomez on the bench!

Then we draw 0-0 with Switzerland, playing terribly, before winning on pens to get 3rd place.

We have some ridiculous talent coming through now. And it really could be a  massive waste of that talent if Southgate is the wrong man.

I quite like Southgate as manager.

He isn't afraid to give debuts or time to young players unlike others before him.

We were lucky with the draw in the World Cup but played some very good football and came unstuck through inexperience against Croatia in my view. He got the team to the Nations League finals and we were beaten by better teams - no disgrace there and plenty of experience gained.

The Iceland game looked abysmal due to the tactics of Iceland and a lot of teams struggle there, its almost a case of who scores first wins (barring THAT game of course).

I'm happy to give him at least until the next World Cup to get the best he can out of what we've got.

Archived