IGNORED

Sell Wieman now!

Coin-op

6 hours ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Why would anyone buy him with the money he is on?

For the slight chance it may bring a half positive post from you. You don’t know how much he’s on and you don’t pay his wages so chill....he’s an asset and gives his all.....let’s be positive 

6 hours ago, 2015 said:

He runs with his head down far too often and gets caught out in possession. Shouldn't be playing in Midfield and can go ineffective in too many games.

Should be a Squad player in my eyes

totally agree, massively overrated because of he runs around a lot. Nobody is going to buy him, so expect him to play regularly with odd snippets of quality.

OK so yes, I did have a few beers and got this off my chest but after a few years of watching AW I just get so frustrated watching him. 

Only one poster has put forward a reasonable argument (Mr Pop) and yes he might make a useful squad player.  Definitely not a starter IMO.

I have been one of his biggest critics because i don’t think he has the best quality on the ball. It’s easy to criticise the bloke when he is many things but never has been and never will be a central midfielder. He looks best when pressing high, hassling defenders and when he has the ball if he does things instinctively (bramall lane hat trick best example). Something is seriously wrong if when everyone is fit he is getting in our midfield

22 hours ago, erndogz said:

I think we are winning the transfer window

11 hours ago, Coin-op said:

All he does is run about and point a lot.  Did he learn his trade from Nicky Hunt?  Get rid.  No this is not from just one game.  I have thought this for the last year or so.  Woss reckon?

Wiseman is more an appropriate word to call him not Wieman. He pulled the wool over Johnsons eyes and now DH as well. 

Blame the manager that picks him in the starting 11 not the player.

1 hour ago, Coin-op said:

OK so yes, I did have a few beers and got this off my chest but after a few years of watching AW I just get so frustrated watching him. 

Only one poster has put forward a reasonable argument (Mr Pop) and yes he might make a useful squad player.  Definitely not a starter IMO.

It’s a compressed season and stylistically we’ll need lots of different forwards over the course of it.

He was playing an unfamiliar position today and hopefully we don’t see him in a midfield 3 in the league season. 

4 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

It’s a compressed season and stylistically we’ll need lots of different forwards over the course of it.

He was playing an unfamiliar position today and hopefully we don’t see him in a midfield 3 in the league season. 

Nothing about the end of last season or yesterday suggests he won’t be given EVERY chance to play in a midfield 3.

As soon as I saw Captain Wiemann I feared that was his position until Williams is match fit as a minimum - let’s just hope this all too familiar trait of shoe-horning certain players in ceases soon.

9 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

I think you are missing the point that it's 1st game of the season..! 

Distinctly average would make it his best and worst..! 

Yes, that's the joke.

It's the first game of the season.

So he was average.

Because there's only one sample size.

So he performed at the average level for this season.

He literally couldn't do anything else than be average no matter how well he played.

Sometimes jokes don't work as well when you fully explain them.

And sometimes, just sometimes it's really funny when people don't understand it's a joke and try to explain it back to you.

:rofl2br:

We are Bristol City, midtable cc team. Weimann not Marsdona but I think he is good enoufgh to be in starting eleven in City. End of last season he had many assists and I hope that will continue. He is fast and also score some goals. I think COD brings nothing, some thinks Weimann the same. Its all about opinions and in the end Holden picks the team. COYR!!!

6 minutes ago, Garland-sweden said:

We are Bristol City, midtable cc team. Weimann not Marsdona but I think he is good enoufgh to be in starting eleven in City. End of last season he had many assists and I hope that will continue. He is fast and also score some goals. I think COD brings nothing, some thinks Weimann the same. Its all about opinions and in the end Holden picks the team. COYR!!!

Is the negativity actually around Weimann or is the negativity and disappointment on who DH picks in his starting 11. COD as well I rate as a decent player but not a player that can honestly play for a top six Championship club.

Our new manager has a lot of weight on his shoulders and well all the best to him and the COYR. 

However the manager picks the team and have we got the manager that has the skills and ability to bring  football at the gate in the next two seasons ??

Im still getting over my disappointment in us not signing a manager with experience at higher level of which we all wish for at BS3.

1 hour ago, Prinny said:

Yes, that's the joke.

It's the first game of the season.

So he was average.

Because there's only one sample size.

So he performed at the average level for this season.

He literally couldn't do anything else than be average no matter how well he played.

Sometimes jokes don't work as well when you fully explain them.

And sometimes, just sometimes it's really funny when people don't understand it's a joke and try to explain it back to you.

:rofl2br:

True. It appeared you didn't get the first couple. Apologies, I will give you more credit next time ?

27 minutes ago, City oz said:

Is the negativity actually around Weimann or is the negativity and disappointment on who DH picks in his starting 11. COD as well I rate as a decent player but not a player that can honestly play for a top six Championship club.

Our new manager has a lot of weight on his shoulders and well all the best to him and the COYR. 

However the manager picks the team and have we got the manager that has the skills and ability to bring  football at the gate in the next two seasons ??

Im still getting over my disappointment in us not signing a manager with experience at higher level of which we all wish for at BS3.

Lots of us were disappointed with the process but he’s here now and he’s here for the foreseeable.

The board are backing him too which is a nice surprise. It’s probably time to put the managerial recruitment process aside now and back the team that we have. You never know, they might surprise you.

18 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Lots of us were disappointed with the process but he’s here now and he’s here for the foreseeable.

The board are backing him too which is a nice surprise. It’s probably time to put the managerial recruitment process aside now and back the team that we have. You never know, they might surprise you.

Lets hope so. I suppose its time i put my toys back in the pram. COYR 

Weimann gets a bit of unfair flack but I think he could be a victim of our new system. He does consistently okay but really, if they play to their potential, Diedhiou, Wells, Martin and Semenyo should be looking to push ahead of him for striker spots and Nagy, Walsh, Massengo, Williams, Morrell, Bakinson and Paterson should all be looking to stop an out of position forward getting in the team ahead of them.

Competition for place is a good thing and I have nothing against Weimann but still hope that, by the end of the season, he is our fifth choice striker and at least seven players are head of him for central midfield slots.

3 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Interestingly Gregor who gets a lot right in transfer terms but I certainly disagree with on a regular basis on how he sees games, reckons that Holden is planning to play him there this season & that he will be captain.

If the former is true, like you I would be surprised. I am a fan of Weimann, he is a good player & a valuable member of the squad but with at least 8 to choose from in midfield, I wouldn’t be thinking of starting with him there.

On a related note I would hope Baker’s injury would end any interest in Brunt, as if there are any funds left after bringing in Mawson & presumably a RB (allowing Vyner to provide solely CB cover) then we should consider whether 4 fit CBs is enough when we intend starting with 3, as Rowe is really just a fill in there.

I like Weimann, but his natural instincts to bomb forward mean that if played in midfield near Pato, leaves huge gaps in the middle of the pitch; which in turn exposes our defensive midfielder/s. Also if Weimann playing means that Walsh is looking at bench time for large spells, that is something I personally can’t get on with. Once everyone is fit, I think Walsh, Williams and Morrell behind Pato is our best system going forward. Walsh will be much more aware of what’s behind him, but still able to play those telling forward passes, as well as linking well with Pato and the front two. If anything, Weimann should be considered as a part of the front two for certain games, not to take a midfield spot ahead of better players for that role. 

3 hours ago, City oz said:

Also hoped for a proven manager but the more i think about Holden the more I think he can be the right man. Pep was coaching Barca reservs, Bayerns manager was caretaker before he was appointed as there manager. Think and hope Holden will play more offensive, attracting football. Many of us fans was disapointed when Holden became the gaffer, we will see how our team will perform. Two clean sheets is a good start.

29 minutes ago, Kingswoodactor said:

I like Weimann, but his natural instincts to bomb forward mean that if played in midfield near Pato, leaves huge gaps in the middle of the pitch; which in turn exposes our defensive midfielder/s. Also if Weimann playing means that Walsh is looking at bench time for large spells, that is something I personally can’t get on with. Once everyone is fit, I think Walsh, Williams and Morrell behind Pato is our best system going forward. Walsh will be much more aware of what’s behind him, but still able to play those telling forward passes, as well as linking well with Pato and the front two. If anything, Weimann should be considered as a part of the front two for certain games, not to take a midfield spot ahead of better players for that role. 

I’ve said plenty of times, I think yesterday with Weimann in CM, is a one-off / rare scenario this season.  We now have the players in CM for DH not to need Weimann in there like he felt he had to at the end of last season.

But, in the 6 games under DH that Weimann and Paterson have played (with Korey, Nagy and now Massengo) we haven’t been exposed in any of them.  We had a 10 minute spell v Stoke after h-t where Pato looked leggy and the shape broke down a bit, and a little spell v Swansea (before h-t) where Korey got pressed aggressively through a tactical change.  But we haven’t looked “strung out” in any game, like we have done with “other midfield combinations”.

Weimann might want to bomb forward, but who was back supporting Hunt in our own third in the last 20 minutes?  Statszone app no longer supporting EFL games, Whoscored not covering EFL Cup, so I can’t wait to for Wyscout to update and I can check his heatmap / stats.

However, as my opening gambit I don’t think the plan is to play Weimann in CM....but I think there is far too much unconscious bias that an unnatural CM3 that contains Pato and Weimann is too attack minded and will leave us exposed, when that’s not been the case in the 6 games they’ve played there.  Massengo’s energy and strength yesterday is the balancing player to help it be reasonably effective.

21 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I’ve said plenty of times, I think yesterday with Weimann in CM, is a one-off / rare scenario this season.  We now have the players in CM for DH not to need Weimann in there like he felt he had to at the end of last season.

But, in the 6 games under DH that Weimann and Paterson have played (with Korey, Nagy and now Massengo) we haven’t been exposed in any of them.  We had a 10 minute spell v Stoke after h-t where Pato looked leggy and the shape broke down a bit, and a little spell v Swansea (before h-t) where Korey got pressed aggressively through a tactical change.  But we haven’t looked “strung out” in any game, like we have done with “other midfield combinations”.

Weimann might want to bomb forward, but who was back supporting Hunt in our own third in the last 20 minutes?  Statszone app no longer supporting EFL games, Whoscored not covering EFL Cup, so I can’t wait to for Wyscout to update and I can check his heatmap / stats.

However, as my opening gambit I don’t think the plan is to play Weimann in CM....but I think there is far too much unconscious bias that an unnatural CM3 that contains Pato and Weimann is too attack minded and will leave us exposed, when that’s not been the case in the 6 games they’ve played there.  Massengo’s energy and strength yesterday is the balancing player to help it be reasonably effective.

Some valid points in there, but our record in those games during the restart were hardly great markers to go by. We only beat poor Middlesbrough and Hull sides. Plus that game yesterday was against League 2 opposition. You’re saying we didn’t get exposed in those 6 games he played with Pato, yet we were exposed on many occasions and lost against Sheffield Wed, Forest, Cardiff and Swansea. Stoke also should have beaten us as they were constantly breaking through our midfield. I know you’re a big Weimann fan, but I don’t see him as a player good enough to start consistently for a side looking to break top 6. Derby knew this when they sold him to us. 

Archived