IGNORED

Team for Coventry

bcfc01

1 hour ago, chinapig said:

Williams said he would miss 3 or 4 games. Walsh is back training "on the grass" as Dean put it.

Back on the grass, but training on his own, not back in the group yet.  Did his quad about 6/7 weeks ago, and was diagnosed as an 8 weeker.  Hopefully that’s 8 weeks til fit to play, because he’s already back in some sort of training.

30 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Btw.....where is the edit icon? I haven’t found it since the upgrade.

Top right of your post....click on the 3 dots.

@bcfc01

Don’t think either of your sides will be a million miles away.  Without knowing whether any of the internationals have picked up any knocks, I would be going for:

Bentley

Hunt | Moore | Kalas | Mawson | Dasilva

Nagy | Morrell | Paterson

Weimann | Wells

Assumes Mawson signed and fit, or else Vyner will come in.

Massengo did himself no harm at all and it wouldn’t surprise if he retained his place.

Subs:

O’Leary, Vyner, Rowe, Massengo, Eliasson, Diedhiou, Martin (if fit)

Out go Semenyo, Palmer, Towler, Morton and Bakinson.  Tough decisions, it’s why we need to stay in the cup to get some minutes into players.

Just now, JonDolman said:

He must have played badly to make you drop him from your team?

I wouldn't say badly, just didn't do enough.

Massengo put a lot into his game yesterday - much more than Nagy put in today for Hungary, walked around most of the game pointing, didn't show for the ball. Massengo deserves the nod imo.

4 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

I wouldn't say badly, just didn't do enough.

Massengo put a lot into his game yesterday - much more than Nagy put in today for Hungary, walked around most of the game pointing, didn't show for the ball. Massengo deserves the nod imo.

Wonder whether Holden might have to calm a few down this week in training!! ???

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

Fair enough.

I don't rate Nagy as highly as some do on here. On a good day he has shown to be very good. But just not sure if he can be like that on a consistent basis. Hope I'm wrong. Genuinely do like him and the type of midfielder he is.

My feeling is Holden has him behind others as he had Korey ahead of him in those 4 games before Korey refused to play vs Preston. Korey being a player we didn't even want to keep.

And Holden also seems to prefer Weimann and Pato in the box to box roles to Nagy.

So with all the others coming back, plus maybe brunt coming in. I see Nagy being one of the players that are sold. As he'd probably have a fair bit of interest abroad I reckon. I know people don't like seeing that for whatever reason, but it's just how I see things going!

Massengo was very good yesterday. And I think he's going to be an amazing player in the future. 19 and looking that good. Yes, league two opponents. But he had so much to do at times in the holding role.

Massengo is a different player to Nagy with different attributes and its obvious that both have had top training in the past as both are technically very good. Its really a question of how they fit in with who plays next to them. Morrell is one of those players that would enable either to play. I really don't mind which of them plays but it will be one of them alongside Morrell I think/hope.

1 hour ago, wendyredredrobin said:

I don't care what team DH puts out.  What I want to see is midfielders and forwards that will run at defenders, take defenders on, excite us and create something   Sadly, I can't see my wish being fulfilled.

I'm really getting fed up with watching players recieving the ball in advanced positions passing it backwards. It's a game of football, not rugby.  Forward passes are allowed.

OK, we beat a 4th division team 2-0 but was there any excitement?

I’ve only seen the two goals, but looked like good passing team goals?

2 minutes ago, pillred said:

As you well knew.

I only believe that a player has signed for City either on loan or permanently when it’s announced on the OS......

Surely I’m not the only poster who takes zero interest in social media ‘reports’ or speculation and rumour.

8 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

What makes you ask/think that ?

In your original post you have Martin and Wells upfront........and throughtout the subsequence posts he is hardly mentioned.  I know he has not yet signed his new contract, but for me, he would be the very first name on the teamsheet,?  I was just drawing attention to his absence from the majority of predicted line ups, which seemed strange.

1 minute ago, maxjak said:

In your original post you have Martin and Wells upfront........and throughtout the subsequence posts he is hardly mentioned.  I know he has not yet signed his new contract, but for me, he would be the very first name on the teamsheet,?  I was just drawing attention to his absence from the majority of predicted line ups, which seemed strange.

He is at least a week behind everyone re fitness and it showed yesterday.

I would hope he gets 15 minutes or so a game to build him up.

I've not written him off at all.

2 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

I don't care what team DH puts out.  What I want to see is midfielders and forwards that will run at defenders, take defenders on, excite us and create something   Sadly, I can't see my wish being fulfilled.

I'm really getting fed up with watching players recieving the ball in advanced positions passing it backwards. It's a game of football, not rugby.  Forward passes are allowed.

OK, we beat a 4th division team 2-0 but was there any excitement?

Im more looking forward to us beating up teams if im honest. DH is already speaking of being physical and roughing teams up. For too long weve been too soft. Hopefully we do beat some up!

Got a feeling it’ll be

Bentley 

Hunt Moore Kalas Mawson Dasilva

Nagy Paterson Weimann

Fam Wells

Guessing with the players fit we could have a bench of 

O’Leary, Vyner, Sessengon*, Morrell, Eliasson, Palmer, Martin

Which to me looks like the strongest bench we have had for a while and that’s without Walsh, Williams, Baker etc

4 minutes ago, Finley_Smith10 said:

Got a feeling it’ll be

Bentley 

Hunt Moore Kalas Mawson Dasilva

Nagy Paterson Weimann

Fam Wells

Guessing with the players fit we could have a bench of 

O’Leary, Vyner, Sessengon*, Morrell, Eliasson, Palmer, Martin

Which to me looks like the strongest bench we have had for a while and that’s without Walsh, Williams, Baker etc

Can’t see how Fam can be included if he hasn’t signed a new contract tbh 

Subs bench with Martin starting maybe

Archived