IGNORED

Team for Coventry

bcfc01

5 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

Why do most have Moore on the right of the back three rather than the middle - am I missing something ?

⬇️⬇️⬇️

4 hours ago, JonDolman said:

2 ball players either side and the stopper in Kalas central.

Kalas looks more comfortable centrally imo.

Yep.  Although of course you can play it however you like.  I think Kalas likes to be the spare man / covering defender in the main.

I’m not adverse to it being Kalas right, Moore centre, but Holden has generally picked Kalas in the centre.  He was LCB v PNE, but that was with Williams (CB) and Vyner (RCB).  However when Benkovic came on, Kalas went back to the centre.

Think it is 50/50 whether Mawson plays. Depending on his fitness levels etc. Holden hinted on Monday that it would be unlikely that any of the new signings would start.

I’m expecting Vyner to start but will be happy to see Mawson if he is up to speed fitness wise.

5 hours ago, Davefevs said:

⬇️⬇️⬇️

Yep.  Although of course you can play it however you like.  I think Kalas likes to be the spare man / covering defender in the main.

I’m not adverse to it being Kalas right, Moore centre, but Holden has generally picked Kalas in the centre.  He was LCB v PNE, but that was with Williams (CB) and Vyner (RCB).  However when Benkovic came on, Kalas went back to the centre.

Didn’t Kalas play RB for Fulham when n loan there? 

6 hours ago, Davefevs said:

⬇️⬇️⬇️

It also helps I think if the wider central defenders are comfortable going out to cover the full backs , Moore has played full back. The obvious perfect player we had for that in our title winning team was luke ayling . 

2 hours ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

Didn’t Kalas play RB for Fulham when n loan there? 

Yes

1 hour ago, steviestevieneville said:

It also helps I think if the wider central defenders are comfortable going out to cover the full backs , Moore has played full back. The obvious perfect player we had for that in our title winning team was luke ayling . 

Yes, in fact Kalas, Moore and Vyner have all played RB, so used to being in that portion of the pitch...and have all played RCB too.  If Mawson can nail LCB we look a really decent CB3 unit.

On 06/09/2020 at 21:00, Finley_Smith10 said:

Got a feeling it’ll be

Bentley 

Hunt Moore Kalas Mawson Dasilva

Nagy Paterson Weimann

Fam Wells

Guessing with the players fit we could have a bench of 

O’Leary, Vyner, Sessengon*, Morrell, Eliasson, Palmer, Martin

Which to me looks like the strongest bench we have had for a while and that’s without Walsh, Williams, Baker etc

Yeh think he could start that aswell out of loyalty

19 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

There are caveats because we don't know who is fit and who may need to self-isolate- aside from the obvious Baker, Williams, Walsh and O'Dowda all out.

Bentley

Moore Kalas Mawson

Hunt Nagy Morrell Paterson DaSilva

Weimann Wells

You can create triangles with that shape. Lots of them! Paterson at a base, Weimann and Wells ahead. Nagy-Morrell with one of Weimann or Wells alternating. Moore-Mawson-Nagy/Morrell ahead depending on the phase of play. I'm sure there are more too!

Clearly Sessegnon is an option at RWB, Brunt is versatile- Martin and Diedhiou are of course options and Massengo given the injuries could be a first reserve.

Weimann or Moore can help out Hunt in some phases- Paterson would be tasked with helping out DaSilva. 

The good thing about that specific back 3 is that all 3 are comfortable in possession. All of them- clearly the two either side are more adventurous but Kalas into the opposition half last week completed 18/19 passes- let off the leash a bit he might be able to be more attacking than he's shown though he must be the most conservative of the 3. Baker as one of them and I'd worry a bit that isolation of the least suited to the high line could occur- Williams too given his age and relative lack of pace- maybe Rowe might be that man if we have to field him at LCB e.g., not least as it's far from his first position anyway!

Caveats:

How fit is Mawson? Can add Sessegnon, Brunt and Martin to that- but they're not necessarily starters at this second IMO.

What is the situation with Kalas? Vyner and Rowe at CB and LCB would put something of a limitation on us this week, in terms of building from the back and dominating the ball, higher line etc.

Cracking team that! I would switch Nagy and Morrell over though.

Mawson would play in the center so he could run down the middle? 

2 hours ago, Sturny said:

Cracking team that! I would switch Nagy and Morrell over though.

Mawson would play in the center so he could run down the middle? 

That's a good shout-yeah Nagy central of the 3 seems a way to go.

My thinking there was that we could have a carrier either side of Kalas- Moore right, Mawson left but a carrier through the middle could also be good- stepping up into midfield as and when. Thinking Mawson for this.

I wouldn't even rule out Kalas as showing adventure in phases @JonDolman- I've cited it before but I note that in Slovakia he completed 18/19 passes in the opposition half- completed 1 key pass as well. He's the most conservative of the back 3 and rightly so, but always thought he has scope in terms of pushing on a bit too, at times. Limited times of course, but at times all the same.

On 09/09/2020 at 21:32, Davefevs said:

Yes, perhaps the negative test he already had with Czech Republic doesn’t count, and they usually test on a Tuesday I think, perhaps waiting for results.

Confusing whatever!

Anyone heard any news on this ?

9 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

That's a good shout-yeah Nagy central of the 3 seems a way to go.

My thinking there was that we could have a carrier either side of Kalas- Moore left, Mawson right but a carrier through the middle could also be good- stepping up into midfield as and when.

I wouldn't even rule out Kalas as showing adventure in phases @JonDolman- I've cited it before but I note that in Slovakia he completed 18/19 passes in the opposition half- completed 1 key pass as well. He's the most conservative of the back 3 and rightly so, but always thought he has scope in terms of pushing on a bit too, at times. Limited times of course, but at times all the same.

Kalas played left CB in a 2 for Czech Republic last week.

C6CBC7AE-5D9C-424C-B2C3-210C052FECF8.thumb.jpeg.c0f7d976321d9c813aaffe3975321c8c.jpeg

25 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Kalas played left CB in a 2 for Czech Republic last week.

C6CBC7AE-5D9C-424C-B2C3-210C052FECF8.thumb.jpeg.c0f7d976321d9c813aaffe3975321c8c.jpeg

Thanks Dave.

LCB- ah could we move switch him and Mawson around then, thought Kalas was a right footer and Mawson left- but Mawson raiding from central could be a way to go at times.

Pass completion- that 18/19 in opposition half ratio looks suspect then!

33 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Yeah he goes on powerful runs when he sees a gap. But for me Mawson and Moore have a lot more quality on the ball. Better touch and better passing and can use either foot. Kalas certainly decent enough though. Just worries me at times when he smashes a pass to the goalie or defender.

Still not sure we've seen from a technical standpoint the best of Kalas- but of the 3, he certainly needs to be the most conservative.

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Thanks Dave.

LCB- ah could we move switch him and Mawson around then, thought Kalas was a right footer and Mawson left- but Mawson raiding from central could be a way to go at times.

Pass completion- that 18/19 in opposition half ratio looks suspect then!

Still not sure we've seen from a technical standpoint the best of Kalas- but of the 3, he certainly needs to be the most conservative.

Kalas is right footed.  Just that Czech Republic played him left side in the pair (I guess his partner was right footed too!).

I would say Mawson is comfortable with either foot.

13 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

It's probably just me but given an incubation period of anything up to 14 days for Covid...well who am I to question but it is according to varied estimates 2-14 days- towards the lower end and he's in the clear along with us- but if not...?

Am just likely erring on the side of caution!

He’s been training all week since returning.  He took a test with his country....it was negative.  He will have had at least one test with City this week, possibly 2 (e.g. Tues / Fri).  We will have had at least one test result back....the fact he’s been training tells me that was negative too.

Of course he could fail a test at any point, contracting it from any source, just like anyone else.

26 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Kalas is right footed.  Just that Czech Republic played him left side in the pair (I guess his partner was right footed too!).

I would say Mawson is comfortable with either foot.

He’s been training all week since returning.  He took a test with his country....it was negative.  He will have had at least one test with City this week, possibly 2 (e.g. Tues / Fri).  We will have had at least one test result back....the fact he’s been training tells me that was negative too.

Of course he could fail a test at any point, contracting it from any source, just like anyone else.

Mawson being comfortable with either foot a good place to be.

Can't recall what day Czech players potentially came into contact or indirect contact with the guy? I can't remember if I'm honest but my slight concern about the incubation period bit is that if it's towards the upper end he could play, be fine- but be playing either asymptomatically or play while still within the incubation period and unknowingly have infected others by the time signs or symptoms actually come to light. Not his fault of course!

Having said that a quick google search, suggests a 4-5 day median incubation period- less worried now!

7 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

A lot of options in most positions now after a good window. The first name I’ll look for at 2pm will be Paterson. Got a feeling about him this season. 

Reckon he could get near 10 goals this season If he keeps the form he had at the end of last season.

Archived