Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Team for Coventry

Got a feeling it’ll be

Bentley 

Hunt Moore Kalas Mawson Dasilva

Nagy Paterson Weimann

Fam Wells

Guessing with the players fit we could have a bench of 

O’Leary, Vyner, Sessengon*, Morrell, Eliasson, Palmer, Martin

Which to me looks like the strongest bench we have had for a while and that’s without Walsh, Williams, Baker etc

Edited by Finley_Smith10
Mis spelt word
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, Finley_Smith10 said:

Got a feeling it’ll be

Bentley 

Nagy Paterson Weimann

Fam Wells

Guessing with the players fit we could have a bench of 

O’Leary, Vyner, Sessengon*, Morrell, Eliasson, Palmer, Martin

Which to me looks like the strongest bench we have had for a while and that’s without Walsh, Williams, Baker etc

Can’t see how Fam can be included if he hasn’t signed a new contract tbh 

Subs bench with Martin starting maybe

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Dolman_Stand said:

Personally think Bentley is more than competent at this level, think we have a decent squad on paper now with a couple more to come in too....time to deliver

The only thing with Bentley yesterday was that he held onto the ball too long and kicked aimlessly in the first half - which was unlike him tbf and added to the lack of tempo.

Second half he was much better in that respect.

Generally, as you say, he is as good as most at this level but its just my opinion that Maenpaa is better and amongst the best in the division. But he's in the past now unfortunately.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Seems more or less a consensus on the defence and midfield.

But appears to be healthy debate on the two up top.

I'm sticking to Martin and Wells.

Holden said Martin had been keeping himself in shape, but he’d be seeing up to speed he is tomorrow in training.

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Holden said Martin had been keeping himself in shape, but he’d be seeing up to speed he is tomorrow in training.

Well, if he isn't up to the game saturday then I would go with Weimann and Wells.

I just like the combination of Martin and Wells - just think they would be a good match given their attributes.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Robbored said:

I only believe that a player has signed for City either on loan or permanently when it’s announced on the OS......

Surely I’m not the only poster who takes zero interest in social media ‘reports’ or speculation and rumour.

I was referring to you commenting about Mason and pretending that you didn't know what he really meant.

Edited by pillred
remove word
14 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

A bit early and there may be one or two more incoming, but given the players we now have on board it looks like we have a lot of choices for the Coventry game.

How about;

.................Bentley

.....Kalas   Moore   Mawson

Hunt   Nagy   Morrell   Dasilva

..............Paterson

...........Martin   Wells

Although I can't see him leaving Weimann out.

No Fammy?

Assuming Sessegnon signs I think both him & Martin, who presumably hasn’t continued to train with Derby as he was out of contract, are unlikely starters.

Although personally I wouldn’t start with Weimann in midfield all the indications are that Holden will, so assuming no shock departures this week or further injuries I think it will be;

Bentley

Weimann Morrell Paterson 

Diedhiou Wells

Subs from O’Leary, Vyner, Massengo, Nagy, Rowe, Palmer, Martin, Eliasson, Semenyo & presumably Sessegnon.

With Brunt now on board and DH intimating that Martin and Mawson probably won't be fit enough for the weekend, I'm now going for;

.................Bentley

......Kalas   Moore   Brunt

Hunt   Massengo   Morrell   Dasilva

................Paterson

..........Weimann   Wells

Caveat: Pending any more signings..

21 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

With Brunt now on board and DH intimating that Martin and Mawson probably won't be fit enough for the weekend, I'm now going for;

.................Bentley

................Paterson

Like Martin and Mawson I would be surprised if Brunt is ready to play, has he had any form of preseason?

30 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

.................Bentley

................Paterson

Didn’t hear him say Mawson not ready ? What did he say?

4 minutes ago, Seneca the Younger said:

Our midfield 3 really will be a conundrum now

Elliason
Massengo
Nagy
Paterson
Szmodics
Morrell
Palmer
Walsh
Rowe
Bakinson
Williams
Towler
Wiemann
O'Dowda
Brunt
Adelakun

That list is crazy, im pretty sure that morrell and paterson will be in on saturday, but ive no idea who with? Surely niclas is our most talented ball player, but massengo is the future. Walsh was fantastic last year and will be wanting game time too.

43 minutes ago, Cov 77 said:

Didn’t hear him say Mawson not ready ? What did he say?

He said that Mawson has only had 45 mins match time for Fulham this pre-season and that Martin had the best chance of being available out of him, Williams, and Mawson.

Sounded to me like none of them will be starting (we know about Williams anyway) but 4 days of training may change that.

Am I the only one who feels we won't see quite as many of our new & loan signings slot straight into the starting XI?

Expecting Vyner to play, especially if Kalas is blocked following the Czech squad quarantine. Do we know what's happening there?

Fitness of Mawson questioned too after lack of game time.

Edited by Thomas_red
Just now, Thomas_red said:

Am I the only one who feels we won't see quite as many of our new & loan signings slot straight into the starting XI?

Expecting Vyner to play, especially if Kalas is blocked following the Czech squad quarantine. Do we know what's happening there?

Fitness of Mawson questioned too after lack of game time.

I think you are right, Chris M is the most likely IMO and then I’d expect him to start on the bench. Kalas didn’t play last night but we await news on whether he will be eligible to play. 

6 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

I think you are right, Chris M is the most likely IMO and then I’d expect him to start on the bench. Kalas didn’t play last night but we await news on whether he will be eligible to play. 

Yeah I can see Martin getting a start if Fam contract negotiations are ongoing. Not sure Semenyo should be starting atm over someone of his experience (if fit)

This feels the most difficult it’s been in a long while! There are multiple available players I’d be happy to see start that aren’t in my 11 (Sess, Nagy, O’Leary, Martin) but I think I’d go (5-3-2 of course):

Bentley - Hunt, Moore, Kalas, Mawson, Dasilva - Morrell, Pato, Massengo - Wells, Fam.

Max, Sess, Vyner, Brunt, Nagy, Weimann, Martin. 

22 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

This feels the most difficult it’s been in a long while! There are multiple available players I’d be happy to see start that aren’t in my 11 (Sess, Nagy, O’Leary, Martin) but I think I’d go (5-3-2 of course):

Bentley - Hunt, Moore, Kalas, Mawson, Dasilva - Morrell, Pato, Massengo - Wells, Fam.

Max, Sess, Vyner, Brunt, Nagy, Weimann, Martin. 

Morrell and Massengo in the same midfield at home to Coventry would be really negative. I’d say Nagy or Morrell along with Weimann and Pato is what we’ll see on Saturday. I’d like Walsh to then replace Weimann when fit and Williams to be first choice as DMF also. 

• Like 1