IGNORED

Fantastical Fantasies - Season Two (20/21)

RedYoshi

So here it is, Merry Christmas a new season, everybody's having fun heated debates about the minutiae of selection, the club's direction, & even the character of Lionel Messi.

Why not select your own team, decide its direction for yourself, and leave Messi out of it altogether?

Now you can!

Welcome to the second season of Fantastical Fantasies or, to give it its alternative title (because consistency is overrated):

Fantasy Bristol City (#FBC) - Triple Threat Edition

Hashtags, as ever, non-mandatory.

A few changes this season but first, for the uninitiated, the basic rules:

• Choose one defender, one midfielder, one forward per match, plus subs.
  • Captain one of them (double points) - vice-captain another (replaces captain if they don't play).
  • Cannot have the same player for more than two consecutive matches (there will be a "Player Eligibility Update" [PEU] before each match, so you don't have to keep track yourself).

Not much more to it than that, other than the ability to play some spectacular (but unfortunately non-edible) chips throughout the season - more info on that to come.

Points System (same as FPL)

• Play < 60mins: 1pt
  • Play > 60mins: 2pts
  • Defender goal: 6pts
  • Midfielder goal: 5pts
  • Forward goal: 4pts
  • Assist: 3pts
  • Clean sheet* (DEF): 4pts
  • Clean sheet* (MID): 1pt
  • Every 2 goals conceded (DEF): -1pt
  • Own goal: -2pts
  • Penalty miss: -2pts
  • Yellow card: -1pt
  • Red card: -3pts
  • Bonus (best 3 City players in match): 1-3pts - based on the player ratings from whoscored.com

*clean sheet points only applicable if they've played more than 60mins.

Chips

• Triple Captain: All three players are captained, essentially doubling your entire points haul for the week. Not to be confused with the FPL version of tripling one player's score!
  • Overload: This allows you to choose all three of your players from just one position (i.e. 3 defenders, 3 midfielders, or 3 forwards). You still choose a captain/vice-captain & subs. 
  • Best Of: Instead of selecting a specific player, you can pick the "best of" a given position, and will automatically be given the best performing player in that position for that match. This chip can be captained.

Each chip can be played twice throughout the season - once in 2020, once in 2021. Only one can be used at a time, and they do not override the selection rules (e.g. if you are ineligible to select a midfielder, play the Best Of chip in midfield, and they are then the best performer, you will be given the second best midfielder instead).

Match Deadline & Substitutes

Teams must be submitted before the line-up is released, so one hour before kick-off.

Subs will only be 'brought on' if your first choice doesn't play in the match at all.

Cups

Throughout the season, there will be a few cups introduced. Exact structure & qualifying requirements to be confirmed depending on the number of players we have, but I'll generally try to include as many as possible, 'cos who doesn't love a cup run?! There will also be rewards for winning these cups, which brings me to...

New for 2020/21 Season

• Cup winners will receive a bonus of 15pts, runner ups will receive 10pts, and 3rd place will earn 5pts.

This should add a bit more context and incentive to the cups, as well as give a big boost to any lower ranked teams who have a fairytale cup run.

Also, I was often quite lenient with the match deadline last season, 'cos I'm just such a generous soul like that. It will be enforced more strictly this time around, HOWEVER:

• If you miss the deadline, your previous week's team will be used (and subs rotated in as necessary to adhere to selection rules).

We can all be forgetful, so hopefully this'll help keep people in the game even if they miss two or three weeks here and there.

Player Positions

Positions are set for the season, regardless of where they end up playing on the pitch in any given match. Here's how we stand at the moment:

Defenders

Baker, Dasilva, Hunt, Kalas, Moore, Rowe*, Vyner

Midfielders

Adelakun, Bakinson, Eliasson, Massengo, Morrell, Morton, Nagy, O'Dowda, Palmer, Paterson, Szmodics, Towler, Walsh, Williams

Forwards

Diédhiou, Martin, Semenyo, Weimann, Wells

*Rowe has pretty much played exclusively in defensive positions for us, so he's the one change from last season.

Was almost tempted to switch Weimann, but a) it remains to be seen how much he plays midfield this season, and b) we've got enough midfielders as it is. Also not 100% sure on Towler - some suggestions he's converted to a CB? - but will stick with how he's listed at the mo.

Sign up here, play here, win here, lose here, be mediocre here, and you might earn your place on the virtual (and bio-secure) Fantastical Fantasies Winners' Plaque, like last year's champion @Oubliette23:

15054218_FantasticalFantasiesChampions.thumb.JPG.a3ed4707ab0c34f8c2c6edd208a55660.JPG

Get involved! Questions and extra suggestions welcome. Let's fantasise!

Out of date already...! Welcome Alfie.

4 hours ago, RedYoshi said:

Player Positions

Positions are set for the season, regardless of where they end up playing on the pitch in any given match. Here's how we stand at the moment:

Defenders

Baker, Dasilva, Hunt, Kalas, Mawson, Moore, Rowe, Vyner

Midfielders

Adelakun, Bakinson, Eliasson, Massengo, Morrell, Morton, Nagy, O'Dowda, Palmer, Paterson, Szmodics, Towler, Walsh, Williams

Forwards

I really did this on the wrong the day, didn’t I? Transfer central.

On 06/09/2020 at 22:23, RedYoshi said:

Player Positions

Defenders

Baker, Dasilva, Hunt, Kalas, Mawson, Moore, Rowe, Sessegnon, Vyner

Midfielders

Adelakun, Bakinson, Brunt, Eliasson, Massengo, Morrell, Morton, Nagy, O'Dowda, Palmer, Paterson, Szmodics, Towler, Walsh, Williams

Forwards

Welcome one, welcome all! Good to see some new blood along for the ride :bounce:

Cheers for the troubleshooting @citywest30 & @jrt55555, true veterans of the arena. This thread will be your one stop shop for all game-related activities @Rocking Red Cyril, so all future picks should be posted here too ? good luck!

@CheddarReds - yeah, just the league games. Allows for some frustration free viewing in the cups (well, aside from the expected frustration that comes with being a City fan) and means I can be lazy and avoid extra spreadsheet updates...! Also might wanna pick a vice-captain too, although I’d be surprised if Wells doesn’t play.

Keep ‘em coming folks - the 39hr 1min countdown has begun :thumbsup:

8 hours ago, RedYoshi said:

Welcome one, welcome all! Good to see some new blood along for the ride :bounce:

Cheers for the troubleshooting @citywest30 & @jrt55555, true veterans of the arena. This thread will be your one stop shop for all game-related activities @Rocking Red Cyril, so all future picks should be posted here too ? good luck!

@CheddarReds - yeah, just the league games. Allows for some frustration free viewing in the cups (well, aside from the expected frustration that comes with being a City fan) and means I can be lazy and avoid extra spreadsheet updates...! Also might wanna pick a vice-captain too, although I’d be surprised if Wells doesn’t play.

Keep ‘em coming folks - the 39hr 1min countdown has begun :thumbsup:

Pato VC :) 

Archived