IGNORED

Fantastical Fantasies - Season Two (20/21)

RedYoshi

Gameweek 1  Update (Coventry H) - Popular Pato Promptly Provides Points

Wow!

What a start.

Quick question before I get into the main thrust - was that our fastest ever goal to start a season? I know we’ve had faster goals in general, but to kick off the whole season? Answers on a postcard, please.

Meanwhile: wow.

Out of 17 entrants:

• seven picked the “Dream Team” (highest scorer in each position), with two maxing out by captaining the best of those three,
  • eight gave the armband to the top scorer,
  • 15 chose a captain who earned attacking points,
  • 16 selected the star of the week,
  • @kelbcfc did none of these things :sad26:

D’oh!

Commiserations Kel but, as I said before, I admire the bold approach. Can’t follow the herd or play safe in this game. Well, I mean, you can, and in this instance it would’ve probably paid off... but that’s not important. As football fans we often claim “I’d rather lose 5-4 & play exciting football than win every game 1-0 but be bored”, so it was inspiring to watch as you fully launched yourself into that philosophy, before falling headlong into glorious failure.

As such, despite being our lowest scorer of the match, you have the honour of being my first... 

:trumpet:Pick of the Week:trumpet:

(Make up your own theme tune)

This comes with little to no reward, other than the self-satisfaction of doing something I deem to be particularly worthy of note. The criteria for this will vary each week, depending on my whim, so don’t you all go purposefully selecting injured players & Sammie Szmodics in an attempt to score as little as possible. That’s right, I’m on to you and your prioritising of entirely pointless forum-based trinkets.

An honourable mention must go to @prankerd, who came a close second for ending up with only two players but still scoring over 30pts.

Okay, now the actual stuff. Suffice to say, if you seasoned your Paterson (captained or otherwise) with a Wells and/or a Kalas, you did pretty darn well.

I didn’t.

(bold = captain)

@kelbcfc: 5pts (Moore - Massengo - Diédhiou)

@RedYoshi: 17pts (Moore - Paterson - Diédhiou)

@CheddarReds: 25pts (Hunt - Paterson - Wells)

@wayne allisons tongues: 25pts (Hunt - Paterson - Wells)

@Dogbert: 29pts (Hunt - Paterson - Diédhiou)

@DownendRed97: 29pts (Hunt - Paterson - Diédhiou)

@Rocking Red Cyril: 29pts (Hunt - Paterson - Diédhiou)

@prankerd: 31pts (Mawson - Paterson - Wells)

@Chessels Chick: 33pts (Kalas - Paterson - Wells)

@citywest30: 33pts (Kalas - Paterson - Wells)

@LeeJohnsonsFlatCap: 33pts (Kalas - Paterson - Wells)

@Nathandao: 33pts (Hunt - Paterson - Wells)

@Newquay-Red: 33pts (Moore - Paterson - Wells)

@Oubliette23: 33pts (Kalas - Paterson - Wells)

@Redstart: 33pts (Kalas - Paterson - Wells)

@bissellredhead: 41pts (Kalas - Paterson - Wells)

@jrt55555: 41pts (Kalas - Paterson - Wells)

A HUGE week. For context, last season there were only five scores of 40+, all of which came in GW19 v Huddersfield (the 5-2 win), and two of those were using the triple captain chip. So congratulations to Bissell & Jrt, who are now the joint-second highest chipless scorers EVER along with Chessels Chick & myself from last season.

(Bissell is the outright record holder too, with 43pts, while our reigning champion Oubliette23 holds the overall record for highest score in a week, with a triple-captained 64pts).

So now you know what to aim for, people! Quite the gauntlet laid down.

Before the table, a quick acknowledgement of super sub Kalas for Chessels Chick (a Da-silver lining), as well as LeeJohnsonsFlatCap & Redstart, who were happy to not see Mawson make his debut.

90717B6A-A1EF-40FB-9CE4-221883D90D2D.thumb.jpeg.8f1ca2a40c0a6f7fb768b215da7485fb.jpeg

There you have it. Columns on the right are the chips (TC=Triple Captain, OL=Overload, BO=Body Odour Best Of), and when it’s ticked it means it’s available for you to play.

We’re off to a flyer, our highest scorers have matched my cricket team’s lowest ever score, and I’m stoked for Stoke.

’Til next time!

GW1 Points Breakdown

1. Paterson 13
  2. Kalas 10
  3. Wells 3
  4. Hunt 2
  5. Moore 2
  6. Weimann 2
  7. Bakinson 1
  8. Diédhiou 1
  9. Martin 1
  10. Massengo 1
  11. Rowe 1
  12. Semenyo 1
  13. Vyner 1

5 hours ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Ok next question. 

Do we make player selection for each game or are we set with ones we picked for coventry game all season ?

As @bissellredhead says, you make a new selection for each game, and just to add - I’ll put out an update before each match to let you know if you can’t pick certain players.

e.g. I picked: Moore-Paterson-Diédhiou against Coventry.

If I pick: Kalas-Paterson-Wells against Stoke, I then won’t be able to pick Paterson again v Sheffield Wednesday, ‘cos I’ve had him twice in a row (oo-er).

He’d then be available to be selected again in the next match.

Obviously, with only match played, everyone is available to everyone for the Stoke game. But some amount of planning ahead might be needed if you want specific players against Wednesday.

13 hours ago, RedYoshi said:

As @bissellredhead says, you make a new selection for each game, and just to add - I’ll put out an update before each match to let you know if you can’t pick certain players.

e.g. I picked: Moore-Paterson-Diédhiou against Coventry.

If I pick: Kalas-Paterson-Wells against Stoke, I then won’t be able to pick Paterson again v Sheffield Wednesday, ‘cos I’ve had him twice in a row (oo-er).

He’d then be available to be selected again in the next match.

Obviously, with only match played, everyone is available to everyone for the Stoke game. But some amount of planning ahead might be needed if you want specific players against Wednesday.

Omg more planning than DH

18 hours ago, bissellredhead said:

Change it each game although you're allowed the same team 2 weeks in a row.

Cheers Briss

18 hours ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Stoke pic

Moore (Vyner)

Patterson C. (Bakinson)

Diedhou  (Semenyo)

Don’t forget your vice-captain too! Not that Paterson won’t play, admittedly.

Chance to clarify to everyone though: if you don’t pick a VC, the sub for your captain will be default vice. So in this case, if Paterson doesn’t play, Bakinson will be captain.

Thus ends this public service announcement.

Archived