IGNORED

Fantastical Fantasies - Season Two (20/21)

RedYoshi

2 hours ago, RedYoshi said:

Don’t forget your vice-captain too! Not that Paterson won’t play, admittedly.

Chance to clarify to everyone though: if you don’t pick a VC, the sub for your captain will be default vice. So in this case, if Paterson doesn’t play, Bakinson will be captain.

Thus ends this public service announcement.

Ok good tip for next week as I not be allowed to pick Patterson three weeks in row

Gameweek 2 Update (Stoke A) - Weimann does Moore & gives Bak[inson]

A table-topping 41 points, a joint table-topping 4-1 aggregate score, and all of a sudden we're on the verge of potentially matching our best ever start to a season (at least in terms of consecutive wins in all competitions, which - admittedly - is quite a narrow parameter).

Our dream team didn't quite reach the heights of last week but, as alluded to in the title, a line-up of Moore(9)-Bakinson(3)-Weimann(8) would've earned you a "not-to-be-sniffed-at" maximum of 29 points, as long as Taylor had knocked on your door before the match to ask for the armband.

Did anyone pick such a team? Well, that would be telling, and if I've learned anything from daytime TV during lockdown it's to tease the reveal of something just before the break, keeping suckers like me on tenterhooks throughout adverts for dishwasher tablets, only to be desperately underwhelmed on the programme's return.

What I can tell you is that loads of us picked Paterson again. What was that about being underwhelmed?

Best get on to being overwhelmed then, and find out my latest...

:trumpet:Pick of the Week:trumpet:

(fancy graphics not included)

Congratulations to... @citywest30 - for the locally sourced (and eventually successful) captain pick of Semenyo, whose late assist saw him bump up his manager's score from 10 to 16 points, making amends for the late introduction that initially blocked the sub of goalscorer Wells. @Newquay-Red came a close second, also ending up with Skipper Semenyo, but as it was via the vice-captain route it doesn't earn quite as many Pick of the Week points (which are entirely arbitrary and inconsistently awarded, just so we're all clear).

Onto the actual points!

@Rocking Red Cyril14pts (Moore - Paterson - Diédhiou)

@Oubliette2315pts (Hunt - Paterson - Martin)

@citywest3016pts (Hunt - Paterson - Semenyo)

@Dogbert16pts (Hunt - Paterson - Wells)

@Nathandao16pts auto-pick (Hunt - Paterson - Wells)

@prankerd16pts (Vyner - Paterson - Wells)

@kelbcfc17pts (Mawson - Paterson - Wells)

@Newquay-Red18pts (Mawson - Bakinson - Semenyo)

@Redstart18pts (Moore - Paterson - Martin)

@bissellredhead19pts (Moore - Paterson - Wells)

@LeeJohnsonsFlatCap19pts (Mawson - Paterson - Martin)

@DownendRed9720pts (Rowe - Paterson - Wells)

@jrt5555520pts (Rowe - Paterson - Wells)

@RedYoshi20pts (Hunt - Paterson - Wells)

@wayne allisons tongues20pts (Hunt - Paterson - Wells)

@Chessels Chick22pts (Mawson - Bakinson - Wells)

@CheddarReds28pts (Moore - Bakinson - Weimann)

Such a team was indeed picked! Excruciatingly missing out on the maximum by a single point, @CheddarReds was still the only player to pick the Dream Team, and trusting the captaincy to Weimann was still quite an inspired choice. Bakinson also proves his worth in the fantasy world as well as real life, helping out @Chessels Chick in 2nd, while a special mention should go to @jrt55555 who was the only one of us to captain a defender and back us for the clean sheet (nearly earning a PotW nomination in the process).

Meanwhile, @kelbcfc was thankfully proven right and didn't do any worse, earning a respectable 17 points, while our first auto-pick of the season kept @Nathandao afloat with 16.

And as you can see, Cap'n Pato ended up at the opposite end of the spectrum this week, with none of those teams making the 20pt threshold.

IMG_FABC5F3707A8-1.thumb.jpeg.f051a568f8aefa22cedc5d1faaab8401.jpeg

@CheddarReds' successful week jumps them all the way up from 14th to 4th, while our top two stay the same but with @jrt55555 just nudging ahead of @bissellredhead.

If this were a sprint, @kelbcfc and I would be left in the rest of your dust, but fortunately it's nothing of the sort, so plenty to play for folks.

GW2 Points Breakdown (bold = Dream Team)

1. Moore 9 (clean sheet + 3 bonus)
  2. Weimann 8 (goal + 2 bonus)
  3. Mawson 7 (cs + 1 bonus)
  4. Hunt 6 (cs)
  5. Rowe 6 (cs)
  6. Vyner 6 (cs)
  7. Wells 6 (g)
  8. Martin 5 (assist)
  9. Semenyo 4 (a)
  10. Bakinson 3 (cs)
  11. Paterson 2 (cs - yellow card)
  12. Brunt 1
  13. Diédhiou 1

Player Eligibility Update (PEU) v Sheffield Wednesday

@citywest30, @DownendRed97, @LeeJohnsonsFlatCap@Oubliette23, @Redstart@RedYoshi - cannot select Paterson

@Chessels Chick - cannot select Wells

@Dogbert - cannot select Hunt or Paterson

@Rocking Red Cyril - cannot select Paterson or Diédhiou

@bissellredhead, @jrt55555, @prankerd - cannot select Paterson or Wells

@Nathandao, @wayne allisons tongues - cannot select Hunt, Paterson or Wells

So only @CheddarReds, @kelbcfc & @Newquay-Red with free choice... and Paterson's about to feel rather rejected.

20 hours ago, RedYoshi said:

Gameweek 2 Update (Stoke A) - Weimann does Moore & gives Bak[inson]

A table-topping 41 points, a joint table-topping 4-1 aggregate score, and all of a sudden we're on the verge of potentially matching our best ever start to a season (at least in terms of consecutive wins in all competitions, which - admittedly - is quite a narrow parameter).

Our dream team didn't quite reach the heights of last week but, as alluded to in the title, a line-up of Moore(9)-Bakinson(3)-Weimann(8) would've earned you a "not-to-be-sniffed-at" maximum of 29 points, as long as Taylor had knocked on your door before the match to ask for the armband.

Did anyone pick such a team? Well, that would be telling, and if I've learned anything from daytime TV during lockdown it's to tease the reveal of something just before the break, keeping suckers like me on tenterhooks throughout adverts for dishwasher tablets, only to be desperately underwhelmed on the programme's return.

What I can tell you is that loads of us picked Paterson again. What was that about being underwhelmed?

Best get on to being overwhelmed then, and find out my latest...

(fancy graphics not included)

Congratulations to... @citywest30 - for the locally sourced (and eventually successful) captain pick of Semenyo, whose late assist saw him bump up his manager's score from 10 to 16 points, making amends for the late introduction that initially blocked the sub of goalscorer Wells. @Newquay-Red came a close second, also ending up with Skipper Semenyo, but as it was via the vice-captain route it doesn't earn quite as many Pick of the Week points (which are entirely arbitrary and inconsistently awarded, just so we're all clear).

Onto the actual points!

@Rocking Red Cyril14pts (Moore - Paterson - Diédhiou)

@Oubliette2315pts (Hunt - Paterson - Martin)

@citywest3016pts (Hunt - Paterson - Semenyo)

@Dogbert16pts (Hunt - Paterson - Wells)

@Nathandao16pts auto-pick (Hunt - Paterson - Wells)

@prankerd16pts (Vyner - Paterson - Wells)

@kelbcfc17pts (Mawson - Paterson - Wells)

@Newquay-Red18pts (Mawson - Bakinson - Semenyo)

@Redstart18pts (Moore - Paterson - Martin)

@bissellredhead19pts (Moore - Paterson - Wells)

@LeeJohnsonsFlatCap19pts (Mawson - Paterson - Martin)

@DownendRed9720pts (Rowe - Paterson - Wells)

@jrt5555520pts (Rowe - Paterson - Wells)

@RedYoshi20pts (Hunt - Paterson - Wells)

@wayne allisons tongues20pts (Hunt - Paterson - Wells)

@Chessels Chick22pts (Mawson - Bakinson - Wells)

@CheddarReds28pts (Moore - Bakinson - Weimann)

Such a team was indeed picked! Excruciatingly missing out on the maximum by a single point, @CheddarReds was still the only player to pick the Dream Team, and trusting the captaincy to Weimann was still quite an inspired choice. Bakinson also proves his worth in the fantasy world as well as real life, helping out @Chessels Chick in 2nd, while a special mention should go to @jrt55555 who was the only one of us to captain a defender and back us for the clean sheet (nearly earning a PotW nomination in the process).

Meanwhile, @kelbcfc was thankfully proven right and didn't do any worse, earning a respectable 17 points, while our first auto-pick of the season kept @Nathandao afloat with 16.

And as you can see, Cap'n Pato ended up at the opposite end of the spectrum this week, with none of those teams making the 20pt threshold.

IMG_FABC5F3707A8-1.thumb.jpeg.f051a568f8aefa22cedc5d1faaab8401.jpeg

@CheddarReds' successful week jumps them all the way up from 14th to 4th, while our top two stay the same but with @jrt55555 just nudging ahead of @bissellredhead.

If this were a sprint, @kelbcfc and I would be left in the rest of your dust, but fortunately it's nothing of the sort, so plenty to play for folks.

GW2 Points Breakdown (bold = Dream Team)

1. Moore 9 (clean sheet + 3 bonus)
  2. Weimann 8 (goal + 2 bonus)
  3. Mawson 7 (cs + 1 bonus)
  4. Hunt 6 (cs)
  5. Rowe 6 (cs)
  6. Vyner 6 (cs)
  7. Wells 6 (g)
  8. Martin 5 (assist)
  9. Semenyo 4 (a)
  10. Bakinson 3 (cs)
  11. Paterson 2 (cs - yellow card)
  12. Brunt 1
  13. Diédhiou 1

Thanks @RedYoshi tho admittedly I thought I'd made a big mistake when I saw Martin had been picked as Wells' right hand man. ?

@prankerd - sorry, for the purposes of this game Weimann is listed as a forward, so might wanna reshuffle a bit!

Reminder that the deadline is 12pm today, folks, so this is your traditional 2hr 43min warning!

(@bissellredhead@citywest30, @Dogbert, @LeeJohnsonsFlatCap, @Nathandao)

DEF: Rowe vc (Hunt)

MID: Bakinson (Massengo)

FWD: Martin (C) (Wells)

37 minutes ago, RedYoshi said:

@prankerd - sorry, for the purposes of this game Weimann is listed as a forward, so might wanna reshuffle a bit!

Reminder that the deadline is 12pm today, folks, so this is your traditional 2hr 43min warning!

(@bissellredhead@citywest30, @Dogbert, @LeeJohnsonsFlatCap, @Nathandao)

DEF: Rowe vc (Hunt)

MID: Bakinson (Massengo)

FWD: Martin (C) (Wells)

Ok, fair enough i swap him for massengo and bakinson starter just like yours

Gameweek 3 Update (Sheffield Wed H) - Top of the League

Top of the league! Manager of the month? Toast of the city.

Sure, that's all Bristol City (and Reading, but shh), but it's also one of us. Well, the first two, at least.

It's been quite the remarkable start and, with only two players averaging under 20pts a game so far, our little fantasy island is no exception. With nobody averaging above 17ppg last season, even those two would have been good enough to bag runner up & top 6 respectively.

Which brings me quite neatly on to...

(trumpets are silent on account of no lungs)

After the Halloween incident of '93, I vowed never again to pick myself, and I'm not going to start now. Sorry Tommy. Instead, this week's not-at-all-prestigious award goes to:

@Nathandao, whose second consecutive auto-pick earned a place in Fantastical Fantasies folklore - lowest ever score, & fewest minutes played! There's been so much success going on recently, achievements such as these must be celebrated in kind. Be proud, oh forgetful one!

With a second auto-pick requiring all substitutes to be used (and forfeiting captain choices), @Nathandao was left with Dasilva (on the bench, at least, but didn't make it to the pitch), Massengo (not even squad-worthy), and Diédhiou (hoorah, an appearance! ... from the bench ... in the 90th minute...).

Never in the field of fantasy football was so little earned by so many (or just Diédhiou).

Nathan, I salute you.

Of course, Famaral did come on early enough to witness Paterson sealing the win in style, which was a late bonus for the only four who could (and duly did) still pick him. They didn't all captain him, though... in fact, there was just one who did.

Let's find out who:

@Nathandao1pt auto-pick (Dasilva - Massengo - Diédhiou)

@Oubliette2313pts (Moore - Bakinson - Wells)

@Redstart13pts (Moore - Bakinson - Wells)

@bissellredhead16pts (Moore - Bakinson - Martin)

@citywest3018pts (Hunt - Bakinson - Martin)

@DownendRed9718pts (Hunt - Bakinson - Martin)

@jrt5555518pts (Moore - Bakinson - Weimann)

@LeeJohnsonsFlatCap18pts auto-pick (Mawson - Bakinson - Martin)

@prankerd18pts (Mawson - Bakinson - Martin)

@Rocking Red Cyril18pts (Moore - Bakinson - Weimann)

@wayne allisons tongues18pts (Mawson - Bakinson - Martin)

@Dogbert19pts (Moore - Bakinson - Martin)

@CheddarReds20pts (Mawson - Paterson - Wells)

@kelbcfc24pts (Mawson - Paterson - Wells)

@Newquay-Red27pts (Moore - Paterson - Martin)

@RedYoshi29pts (Rowe - Bakinson - Martin)

@Chessels Chick31pts (Mawson - Paterson - Martin)

No surprise to see the four Paterson picks up near the top, with only high-scoring Rowe disrupting them and helping me to nuzzle into second place. But congratulations to @Chessels Chick who tops the gameweek as that only manager to hand Paterson the all important armband.

Elsewhere, @kelbcfc continues their recovery from the first week, while the auto-pick wasn't as harsh on @LeeJohnsonsFlatCap, matching table-topper @jrt55555 in mid-table. That means second placed @bissellredhead falls ever so slightly further back, and reigning champion @Oubliette23 is feeling the bad luck of 13 - despite several attempts at bribery and match-fixing :fear:. Scandalous!

Fear not, however, for the brown envelope never made it into my hands, and it turned out to merely be a sting operation to double check the integrity of the league. We should always trust our champions to keep us on the straight and narrow. Stand down, angry mob!

So to the table, and the crowning of our first manager of the month. Surely it's @jrt55555's for the taking?

IMG_B3D74A3B09E5-1.thumb.jpeg.551663c2a0a3113a0c1ab1f611178acc.jpeg

No! @Chessels Chick's excellent week is enough to jump from 3rd to 1st, and claim the title of September's Manager of the Month. Congratulations!

@Newquay-Red also benefits, gaining three spots to split our former top two, in what is already looking like a very competitive league - only 25pts separating the top 15.

Can we maintain such pace? Buskin' badgers, I hope so.

GW3 Dream Team: Rowe(17) - Paterson(10) - Martin(5)

Points Breakdown

1. Rowe 17 (g, a, cs + 2 bonus)
  2. Paterson 10 (g, cs + 3 bonus - yc)
  3. Moore 7 (cs + 1 bonus)
  4. Hunt 6 (cs)
  5. Mawson 6 (cs)
  6. Vyner 6 (cs)
  7. Martin 5 (a)
  8. Bakinson 2 (cs - yc)
  9. Weimann 2
  10. Wells 2
  11. Diédhiou 1