IGNORED

Fantastical Fantasies - Season Two (20/21)

RedYoshi

PEU v Middlesbrough

@RedYoshi - cannot select Hunt

@CheddarReds - cannot select Bakinson

@Oubliette23, @prankerd@Redstart - cannot select Paterson

@citywest30, @Newquay-Red - cannot select Wells

@bissellredhead - cannot select Mawson or Paterson

@jrt55555 - cannot select Paterson or Martin

@DownendRed97, @wayne allisons tongues - cannot select Paterson or Wells

@Nathandao - cannot select Mawson, Paterson or Wells

Apologies, there's a slight technical delay on the full update. WhoScored, in their infinite wisdom, have given Wells the assist for Hunt's goal, instead of Martin. Obviously, I ain't listening to that nonsense and have duly awarded the points to Martin, but it does mean that their player ratings are not reliable enough to dole out the bonus points.

Other sites also seem to have got their info from the same faulty source, and the one site I've found that is correct doesn't seem to do player ratings. D'oh! If anyone can point me in the direction of an alternative site/stats source for this week, it would be much appreciated!

Otherwise I'll just have to wait and hope they change it. I have sent a message, but they probably won't pay attention to me. I wouldn't.

23 hours ago, RedYoshi said:

PEU v Middlesbrough

@RedYoshi - cannot select Hunt

@CheddarReds - cannot select Bakinson

@Oubliette23, @prankerd@Redstart - cannot select Paterson

@citywest30, @Newquay-Red - cannot select Wells

@bissellredhead - cannot select Mawson or Paterson

@jrt55555 - cannot select Paterson or Martin

@DownendRed97, @wayne allisons tongues - cannot select Paterson or Wells

@Nathandao - cannot select Mawson, Paterson or Wells

Apologies, there's a slight technical delay on the full update. WhoScored, in their infinite wisdom, have given Wells the assist for Hunt's goal, instead of Martin. Obviously, I ain't listening to that nonsense and have duly awarded the points to Martin, but it does mean that their player ratings are not reliable enough to dole out the bonus points.

Other sites also seem to have got their info from the same faulty source, and the one site I've found that is correct doesn't seem to do player ratings. D'oh! If anyone can point me in the direction of an alternative site/stats source for this week, it would be much appreciated!

Otherwise I'll just have to wait and hope they change it. I have sent a message, but they probably won't pay attention to me. I wouldn't.

Looks like this has now been corrected?

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1486305/Live/England-Championship-2020-2021-Barnsley-Bristol-City

2 hours ago, jrt55555 said:

Woohoo! So it has, cheers. Will now endeavour to get the update done at some point this evening (can’t promise it’ll be before kick off - got a meeting ‘til 6 :bored:)

20 hours ago, Chessels Chick said:

Why not just go with WhoScored?? That's what I'd do ???

I will now...! :thumbsup:

Reminder it’s an 18.45 deadline tonight, folks!

(@Chessels Chick, @Dogbert@DownendRed97, @Oubliette23@prankerd, @Rocking Red Cyril)

Gameweek 5 Update (Barnsley A) - We Meet Again, Desmond

Why is it always 2-2? Always. Is it an elaborate code by the illuminati, utilising two teams starting with the second letter of the alphabet to alert us that, however ridiculous 2020 has been, things are really gonna kick off in 2022?

We can but wonder.

Another game tomorrow [tonight] though, so quit your wondering, and let's get down to business.

The sort of business in which goalscorer & MotM Bakinson was only selected by two players, one of whom managed to select the entire GW5 Dream Team, while a whole five players finished in single digits.

The sort of business in which I had to consult three separate & independent adjudicators to judge whether Wells had hit a shot or a cross in the build up to T's goal, in order to determine if it would count as an assist.

The sort of business in which my Pick of the Week is one of those five players with a single digit score, despite captaining our fourth best player of the match...

:trumpet:Pick of the Week:trumpet:

It may come as no surprise that our two goalscorers were rated highest, with Bakinson earning the 3 bonus points, and Hunt getting 2, while assist king Martin rounded out the trio. Just missing out on a bonus point (though briefly having one during WhoScored's stay in an alternate reality) was our rock at the back: one Taylor Moore.

And yet, in fantasy terms, he may as well have been ranked 13th, earning just the single point thanks to our late misfortune. Meaning that while the four other single digit-ers gave the armband to 7th ranked Paterson for an eventual total of 7 points, one manager captained "better" but ended off worse, with just 6 points.

That unfortunate gaffer was @Rocking Red Cyril, who was planning on Taylor playing better than both Paterson and Wells, was ultimately proven right (at least on this algorithm of choice), and yet gets left unrewarded.

Talk about misfortune.

I for one will always applaud confidence in our young players, and felt the rockin' and rollin' Cyril deserved a reward of some sort, so here it is.

I'm sure it's cheered you right up!

But who was at the other end of the spectrum, with the Dream Team selection? And did Wells earn an assist...? We're about to find out...

@Rocking Red Cyril: 6pts (Moore - Paterson - Wells)

@Dogbert7pts (Rowe - Paterson - Weimann)

@kelbcfc7pts (Mawson - Paterson - Wells)

@Nathandao7pts auto-pick (Mawson - Paterson - Wells)

@Newquay-Red7pts (Kalas - Paterson - Wells)

@bissellredhead15pts (Mawson - Paterson - Martin)

@Chessels Chick15pts (Hunt - Paterson - Wells)

@DownendRed9715pts (Hunt - Paterson - Wells)

@jrt5555515pts (Rowe - Paterson - Martin)

@prankerd15pts (Mawson - Paterson - Martin)

@wayne allisons tongues15pts (Hunt - Paterson - Wells)

@citywest3016pts Overload (Martin - Wells - Weimann)

@RedYoshi19pts (Hunt - Paterson - Martin)

@CheddarReds23pts (Moore - Bakinson - Martin)

@Oubliette2323pts (Hunt - Paterson - Martin)

@Redstart23pts (Hunt - Paterson - Martin)

@LeeJohnsonsFlatCap31pts (Hunt - Bakinson - Martin)

Sorry to all the Wells backers - assist 'twasn't, cross 'twas. Unsurprising, therefore, to see Martin leading the line for the leading teams.

Elsewhere, @citywest30 captained well but the Overload chip didn't quite pay off as much as might have been hoped, while @CheddarReds' selection of Bakinson helped balance out the Cyril-like Moore pick to end up as the highest Hunt-less scorer.

But with Hunt, Bakinson and Martin, streaking out in front is our week-leader @LeeJohnsonsFlatCap - even the perfect captaincy would've earned just 4 points more. Clearly the couple of auto-picks before this were strategic, giving the legs (the fingers?) a rest to come back in style against Barnsley. Top work.

431212381_GW5Table.png.91d8316b99dfc35259ae8a7bd3a743cb.png

And what an impact! Jumping up from 8th to 2nd, LJFC adds to the pressure at the top, as @Newquay-Red travels in the opposite direction. Top 10 is now ridiculously tight, with all having reached 100, and there's not exactly much more room below that either.

Almost as tight as the actual title race :thumbsup:

Anyway, 2nd half has just started. Let's do this!

GW5 Dream Team: Hunt (9) - Bakinson (10) - Martin (6)

Points Breakdown

1. Bakinson 10 (g + 3 bonus)
  2. Hunt 9 (g + 2 bonus - 2 goals conceded)
  3. Martin 6 (a + 1 bonus)
  4. Paterson 2
  5. Weimann 2
  6. Wells 2
  7. Kalas 1
  8. Mawson 1 (2gc)
  9. Moore 1 (2gc)
  10. O'Dowda 1
  11. Rowe 1 (2gc)
  12. Semenyo 1
  13. Vyner 1 (2gc)

Gameweek 6 Update (Middlesbrough H) - Less is Moore

Turns out 2020 has some normality left to go around after all. Defensive mistake, lack of chances, and Warnock. Quite reassuring really, amidst all this.

Suffice to say, no goals and no clean sheet leaves us all with very few points. More than City, at least, but also less than City. That does make sense, I promise.

First, though, a rather apt team selection...

:trumpet:Pick of the Week:trumpet:

Much like Dean Holden, this manager let the team pick itself - but then the midfield simply didn’t turn up on the night.

Congratulations to @prankerd, whose forgetfulness saw Brunt automatically fill in the midfield spot and then simply stay rooted to the bench. This alone wouldn’t be enough for the honour of PotW however, ohhh no. It’s more the fact that, thanks to the selection of Mawson at the back, this two man team scored more points than our league leader...!

In fact, we all did (sorry @Chessels Chick), but to do it with just two players is quite the achievement.

And yes, although Mawson’s injury came barely 2 minutes before he’d have earned a clean sheet, he still managed to earn the full compliment of bonus points and end up our joint highest scorer.

Imagine having him as your sub, when your first choice was the man who came on to replace him?!

(Sorry, @Chessels Chick)

Still, with just 5 points separating the entire field this week, it’s not a bad time to slip up:

@Chessels Chick7pts (Kalas - Bakinson - Martin)

@bissellredhead: 8pts (Moore - Bakinson - Martin)

@prankerd: 8pts auto-pick (Mawson - Brunt - Martin)

@RedYoshi: 8pts (Moore - Paterson - Wells)

@Rocking Red Cyril: 8pts auto-captain* (Moore - Bakinson - Wells)

@CheddarReds: 9pts (Rowe - Paterson - Wells)

@DownendRed97: 9pts (Rowe - Bakinson - Martin)

@jrt55555: 9pts (Rowe - Bakinson - Wells)

@citywest30: 10pts (Mawson - Paterson - Martin)

@Dogbert: 10pts (Mawson - Bakinson - Wells)

@LeeJohnsonsFlatCap: 10pts (Hunt - Paterson - Wells)

@Newquay-Red: 10pts (Hunt - Bakinson - Martin)

@Oubliette23: 10pts (Hunt - Bakinson - Wells)

@Redstart: 10pts (Hunt - Bakinson - Martin)

@wayne allisons tongues: 10pts (Hunt - Bakinson - Martin)

@kelbcfc: 12pts (Mawson - Paterson - Wells)

@Nathandao: 12pts (Hunt - Bakinson - Weimann)

The table’s upside down! Fantastic captaincy from Kel and Nathan sees our bottom two top the week, while the rest of us jostle for some sort of position behind them depending on our defensive picks.

So there you have it - we all got more than City (0pts), but ended up with less than City (13pts). The sweet spot.

Pray tell, what tabular mischief has this played?

25AED28A-FE79-4E62-97F2-0E0D60787AC8.thumb.jpeg.8c3da349b244a7a5009ee297afe184cd.jpeg

Very little, in truth, and inevitably. @kelbcfc has at least caught up with @Rocking Red Cyril, and @Nathandao is preparing for the storming comeback, as @DownendRed97, @prankerd & @wayne allisons tongues join the century club.

The lead at the top is cut by three, there’s a little bit of musical chairs going on with @bissellredhead, @Newquay-Red & @Oubliette23, and @citywest30 is busy hopping on one leg.

Onwards!

GW6 Dream Team: Hunt/Mawson (4) - anyone else - who started

(best move would’ve been Overload in defence: Hunt 4 - Mawson 4 - Rowe 3)

Points Breakdown

1. Hunt 4 (2bp)
  2. Mawson 4 (3bp)
  3. Rowe 3 (1bp)
  4. Bakinson 2
  5. Martin 2
  6. Moore 2
  7. Paterson 2
  8. Vyner 2
  9. Weimann 2
  10. Wells 2
  11. Diédhiou 1
  12. Kalas 1
  13. Semenyo 1

*auto-captain will come into play if you forget to select a captain, but your last captain/vice-captain pick is still in your team.

PEU v Swansea City

@LeeJohnsonsFlatCap@Oubliette23, @wayne allisons tongues - cannot select Hunt

@jrt55555 - cannot select Rowe

@RedYoshi - cannot select Paterson

@bissellredhead@citywest30 - cannot select Martin

@Redstart - cannot select Hunt or Martin

@prankerd - cannot select Mawson or Martin

@Rocking Red Cyril - cannot select Moore or Wells

@kelbcfc - cannot select Mawson, Paterson or Wells

And as I type, I see that those Brummies are about to lose their unbeaten record too, so things are already looking up.

Archived