IGNORED

Fantastical Fantasies - Season Two (20/21)

RedYoshi

2 hours ago, citywest30 said:

@RedYoshi

Just thought I'd point out that I used my triple captain for the final but it's not ticked off on the league. 

??

Cheers!

Ah, wait, it is - if there's a tick it means it's available, so no tick means it's been used. I've also kept the chips from the first half of the season on there (in the red), so that may have caused confusion (the current ones are the three black columns).

But thanks, it's definitely the sort of thing I'm likely to miss!

1 minute ago, RedYoshi said:

Cheers!

Ah, wait, it is - if there's a tick it means it's available, so no tick means it's been used. I've also kept the chips from the first half of the season on there (in the red), so that may have caused confusion (the current ones are the three black columns).

But thanks, it's definitely the sort of thing I'm likely to miss!

Ah I see now. Sorry my mistake I assumed the tick meant it had been used.

On 08/03/2021 at 14:00, RedYoshi said:

PEU v Birmingham (deadline Sat 2pm)

@jrt55555 - cannot select Diédhiou

@LeeJohnsonsFlatCap - cannot select Wells

@Newquay-Red - cannot select Kalas or Wells

@prankerd - cannot select Vyner or Wells

Freestyle for the rest of ya: @bissellredhead, @Chessels Chick, @Dogbert, @Oubliette23, @wayne allisons tongues

Your Saturday morning reminder @bissellredhead, @Chessels Chick, @Dogbert, @jrt55555, @LeeJohnsonsFlatCap, @Newquay-Red, @Oubliette23@prankerd, @wayne allisons tongues

Sessegnon (Hunt)

Bakinson vc (Palmer)

Wells C (Semenyo)

Gameweek 36 Update (Birmingham A) - Super Superstition!

Turns out linking our matches to fabricated fantasy cups works a charm. Yes, I'm taking all the credit. You're welcome.

Some proper high scores this week, to the point that even a score in the 20s looks somewhat disappointing. So send some virtual hugs to our only single digit scorer...

@jrt555558pts auto-pick (Kalas - Bakinson - Wells)

@Nathandao14pts auto-pick (Vyner - O'Dowda - Semenyo)

@citywest3022pts (Hunt - Palmer - Wells)
@RedYoshi22pts (Sessegnon - Palmer - Wells)
@wayne allisons tongues22pts (Mariappa - Palmer - Wells)

@Dogbert23pts (Kalas - Palmer - Wells)

@Chessels Chick24pts (Hunt - Palmer - Diédhiou)
@LeeJohnsonsFlatCap24pts (Sessegnon - Palmer - Diédhiou)
@Oubliette2324pts (Mariappa - Palmer - Diédhiou)

@Redstart25pts (Kalas - Palmer - Diédhiou)

@Rocking Red Cyril30pts Best Of (Vyner - Palmer - Diédhiou)

@bissellredhead: 36pts (Sessegnon - Palmer - Diédhiou)
@DownendRed9736pts (Kalas - Palmer - Wells)
@Newquay-Red36pts (Sessegnon - Palmer - Diédhiou)

@kelbcfc37pts Best Of (Kalas - Palmer - Diédhiou)

@CheddarReds42pts Triple Captain (Hunt Palmer - Wells)
@prankerd42pts auto-pick (Hunt - Palmer - Semenyo)

We have a new record score for the season! Surpassing the 41pts of our opening match, Cheddar and prankerd got there in very different ways, from a well played Triple Captain to the glorious fortune of an auto-pick. Palmer was prankerd's vice-captain, but with Wells ineligible it not only switched the armband but brought in an exclusively auto-picked Semenyo for a near dream team of a pick.

Seems rather fitting that the only two teams to include Semenyo were auto-picks, one of which isn't even really playing at all anymore, seeing as he's managed to score two league goals without really taking a shot. Auto-goals, if you will. No idea where to look it up, but has anyone ever scored their first two league goals for a club from blocked keeper clearances? Remarkable.

Anyway, the auto-pick wasn't as kind for jrt55555, leaving them captainless and lacking a midfield, but at least Kalas was the best defender available.

Elsewhere it's just the simple tale of KaseyKaptain or PalmerPlayer, with the absence of Bakinson & Nagy at least ensuring he was in everyone(else)'s teams one way or another.

In fact, the only other midfielder present was the unlikely two-touch cameo of O'Dowda, courtesy of Nathan's perennial auto-pick. Quite the achievement to have both him and Semenyo, so figured I'd tag you for a week - hopefully recent developments have cheered you up a bit City-wise!

GW36.thumb.jpeg.2204a9e8d9c0f6f5a6398d7a99769093.jpeg

@Chessels Chick maintaining that lead as @Redstart makes it past 500, and they're both joined by @kelbcfc who jumps past @Oubliette23 and @citywest30 into 3rd.

Unsurprisingly, @CheddarReds & @prankerd make the biggest gains, up four and five places respectively to 11th and 8th. A few other shuffles elsewhere, but I'll brush over those in the hope that it'll mean I won't fall out of the top 10 anytime soon...

As for our Easter Cup seedings & draw, it gives us this:

Match 1: @CheddarReds (1) v (16) @jrt55555

Match 2: @Redstart (8) v (9) @Chessels Chick

Match 3: @Newquay-Red (5) v (12) @Dogbert

Match 4: @bissellredhead (4) v (13) @citywest30

Match 5: @kelbcfc (3) v (14) @wayne allisons tongues

Match 6: @DownendRed97 (6) v (11) @Oubliette23

Match 7: @Rocking Red Cyril (7) v (10) @LeeJohnsonsFlatCap

Match 8: @prankerd (2) v (15) @RedYoshi

The hunt for the egg shaped trophy begins here... Who will be crucified, who will be resurrected, who will wear the crown of thorns? Or something like that, I dunno.

GW36 Dream Team: Kalas (7) - Palmer (14) - Semenyo (8)

Points Breakdown

1. Palmer 14 (g, a, cs, 3bp)
  2. Semenyo 8 (g, 2bp)
  3. Kalas 7 (cs, 1bp)
  4. Hunt 6 (cs)
  5. Mariappa 6 (cs)
  6. O'Dowda 6 (g)
  7. Sessegnon 6 (cs)
  8. Massengo 3 (cs)
  9. Diédhiou 2
  10. Lansbury 2 (cs - yc)
  11. Walsh 1
  12. Watkins 1
  13. Wells 1 (yc)

PEU v Blackburn (Deadline Wed 6.45pm)

@LeeJohnsonsFlatCap - cannot select Sessegnon

@Chessels Chick, @DownendRed97, @Newquay-Red, @Redstart, @RedYoshi, @wayne allisons tongues - cannot select Palmer

@kelbcfc - cannot select Kalas or Palmer

@Oubliette23 - cannot select Mariappa or Diédhiou

@Rocking Red Cyril - cannot select Palmer or Diédhiou

@Dogbert - cannot select Palmer or Wells

Everyone else, go ahead and pick Palmer @bissellredhead, @CheddarReds@citywest30, @jrt55555, @prankerd

@Rocking Red Cyril - spot on! Aside from Semenyo as sub, would have to be another defender.

@DownendRed97 - yep, Watkins has always been on my list as a midfielder previously, but didn’t even make it into my initial list this season! (He’s not even listed on the Official Site either, so Robbored would probably say he was ineligible to play on Saturday...whoops). And yes, pretty scuppered on available forwards - but should at least guarantee you don’t miss one who does something. Just a risk on the ol’ Substishootout™.

1 minute ago, RedYoshi said:

@Rocking Red Cyril - spot on! Aside from Semenyo as sub, would have to be another defender.

@DownendRed97 - yep, Watkins has always been on my list as a midfielder previously, but didn’t even make it into my initial list this season! (He’s not even listed on the Official Site either, so Robbored would probably say he was ineligible to play on Saturday...whoops). And yes, pretty scuppered on available forwards - but should at least guarantee you don’t miss one who does something. Just a risk on the ol’ Substishootout™.

No worries - the 3 forwards will do, hopefully they all start...surely it’ll be an unchanged side.....right....? :P

1 hour ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Vs Blackburn

Overload OL

Mariappa (Hunt) 

Kalas C (Moore) 

Hunt. VC (Semenyo) 

I hope I have fully under stood OL instructions and done it right 

OK yes Semenyo  being  in defence was the deliberate mistake. Well spotted 

Vs Blackburn

Overload OL

Mariappa (Hunt) VC

Kalas C (Moore)