IGNORED

Novak Djokovic

Super

With Djokovic defaulting out, the US Open will be only the 12th grand slam since 2003 Wimbledon that has not been won by one of him, Federer or Nadal. It really is an incredible period of domination.

1571644590_Annotation2020-09-07034638.thumb.jpg.faa6e857bee7ba118e268ac52280164a.jpg

And those other winners: Murray x 3, Wawrinka x 3, Roddick, Gaudio, Safin, del Potro, Cilic.

3 hours ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

With Djokovic defaulting out, the US Open will be only the 12th grand slam since 2003 Wimbledon that has not been won by one of him, Federer or Nadal. It really is an incredible period of domination.

1571644590_Annotation2020-09-07034638.thumb.jpg.faa6e857bee7ba118e268ac52280164a.jpg

And those other winners: Murray x 3, Wawrinka x 3, Roddick, Gaudio, Safin, del Potro, Cilic.

First Slam semi-finals since 2004 without one of Nadal, Djokovic or Federer. Truly remarkable. 

Djokovic has had a rough 6 months what with the ill-fated Adria Tour too!

Shades of our very own Gerard Lavin, who got sent off on his debut for kicking the ball into the Reading fans and, IIRC, knocked a fan out.  I think the he was also taken to court for assault.  I am assuming that his punishments were for delibarately trying to injure someone, presumably no action would have been taken if he had not hit a fan which, in these days of behind closed doors football would be difficult!  

I think Djokovic has been really unlucky here, and has been treated harshly.  I am no expert on the finer points of tennis rules, but I am sure that if you hurl your racket in anger (but it doesn't hit anyone), you just get a warning and possible point deduction for racket abuse, which is fair enough.  But he clearly didn't aim the ball at the line judge, and he was obviously upset that she copped an unfortunate one. Maybe some punishment is due, but disqualification seems unfair.

17 minutes ago, New Dazzler said:

Shades of our very own Gerard Lavin, who got sent off on his debut for kicking the ball into the Reading fans and, IIRC, knocked a fan out.  I think the he was also taken to court for assault.  I am assuming that his punishments were for delibarately trying to injure someone, presumably no action would have been taken if he had not hit a fan which, in these days of behind closed doors football would be difficult!  

I think Djokovic has been really unlucky here, and has been treated harshly.  I am no expert on the finer points of tennis rules, but I am sure that if you hurl your racket in anger (but it doesn't hit anyone), you just get a warning and possible point deduction for racket abuse, which is fair enough.  But he clearly didn't aim the ball at the line judge, and he was obviously upset that she copped an unfortunate one. Maybe some punishment is due, but disqualification seems unfair.

Those are the rules he didn't mean to hit the line judge but what he did endangered people around the court.

Plenty have been disqualified for similar in the past, do you think it should be different for a top player?

Not to kick him out was never an option.

27 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

Those are the rules he didn't mean to hit the line judge but what he did endangered people around the court.

Plenty have been disqualified for similar in the past, do you think it should be different for a top player?

No, I definitely think that every player should be treated equally. I just wasn't aware of the exact rules relating to this sort of incident, so thanks for clarifying.

32 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

The only surprise was how long it took!

8 hours ago, Super said:

Obviously the right decision given the rules to DQ him, but we have all been there playing any sport when you just want to hit something out of frustration. A bit unlucky to catch the woman though!

Maybe needs to grow some big boy bollocks and accept he can make mistakes in his play instead of spitting the dummy because of his own failings.

On 07/09/2020 at 20:04, Selred said:

There's an interview from 2016 where it was brought up and he was so smarmy and tried to belittle the reporter. Can't say he wasn't warned.... 

yeah something about him i'v never took to.

Always wants to be loved by the crowd but he's to needy 

He hates the affection Nadel and Federer has,but you can't buy it.

Great player that he is will never be remembered in the same light as Borg,Mac or the two mentioned above.

Sampras what a player,probaly the best serve ever, but hardly ever mentioned anymore. Was unbeatable at Wimbledon for 5 years.!!!!

Archived